Well...

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well...

The back of my parents' house just flooded. It's not too bad, a sudden torrential downpour and old wooden windows which need puttying. At least there isn't a river nearby.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh Jacob!  That sucks!! 

Oh Jacob!  That sucks!!  St. Louis, MO had some major flooding in 1993 so I am quite familiar with the destruction flooding can cause and the mess it leaves behind.  Hopefully they did not loose anything valuable, like photos and such.

Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
User is offlineOffline
bah, flooding sucks. I'm

bah, flooding sucks.

I'm all too familiar with the '93 flood and the minor flooding we're getting right now in kansas and missouri (not around here though thankfully,) so I feel for ya.

Good luck getting it cleaned up. 

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley wrote: The

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
The back of my parents' house just flooded suffered the localized wrath of God. It's not too bad, a sudden torrential downpour and old wooden windows which need puttying. At least there isn't a river nearby.

Fixed it for you. Sticking out tongue

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote: Jacob

stillmatic wrote:

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
The back of my parents' house just flooded suffered the localized wrath of God. It's not too bad, a sudden torrential downpour and old wooden windows which need puttying. At least there isn't a river nearby.

Fixed it for you. Sticking out tongue

Ok, that is just funny!  Thanks for the giggle, stillmatic! 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully there isn't a lot

Hopefully there isn't a lot of residual damage and it cleans up quickly.

Around here, if there's flooding from the sewer systems backing up, there's all sorts of nasty bacteria and such floating around in the water.

However, if sounds like your water problems are from leaky windows.

Good luck getting things cleaned up and, of course, the important thing is that no one was injured. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Gallagher
User is offlineOffline
Ah mate, that sucks. 

Ah mate, that sucks.  There's so much flooding all over Britain at the minute, it just crap.  What sucks more is the insurance companies ability to get out of what they can, and if they do have to pay out they certainly take their time about it.

I think I saw on the news that 30,000 homes have been flooded in Hull from last weeks floods.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Gallagher wrote: Ah mate,

Gallagher wrote:

Ah mate, that sucks.  There's so much flooding all over Britain at the minute, it just crap.  What sucks more is the insurance companies ability to get out of what they can, and if they do have to pay out they certainly take their time about it.

I think I saw on the news that 30,000 homes have been flooded in Hull from last weeks floods.

I know! It's like fucking monsoon season in Manchester. And yes, I know it normally is monsoon season in Manchester (it ain't called The Rainy City for nowt) but I mean like seriously this time!

It's alright now. The  curtains are still a bit damp but it's absolutely amazing how much water got in through the windows. By the way this wasn't from rising flood waters, (although I've never seen the street this flooded, the nearest river is either the Mersey or Medlock both at least a couple of miles away) it was just the amount of rain water hitting the glass!

I guess my point here is: Where the fuck is summer?! It's fucking July! We're supposed to put up with this most of the year but July and August are supposed to be our respite!

Gallagher
User is offlineOffline
I know all about Manchester

I know all about Manchester weather!  I went there for two weeks in 2000 to see if I wanted to live there and it was beautiful weather.  I lived there for two years and it pissed it down for most of it!!!  I wuz tricked!!

I'm in London now and it's just a bit of rain.  I went away travelling last year and it was the hottest year on record or something in Britain.  Now I'm actually here and, well, look out the window.....

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Yeah last July was a month

Yeah last July was a month long heatwave. I remember, I got back from Uni and melted. The National record was broken (38deg) and the North West record was also broken (34deg). I almost miss it, although at the time I was kinda hoping it would go away.

I live in Lancaster most of the year now, but return to Manchester in the summer, it's less rainy but ten times windier than Manchester. We were told it would be a hotty this year, I feel betrayed by the Met Office!