Standard introduction

joewhyit
User is offlineOffline
Standard introduction

Hi. I'm Joe.

There. I think that counts as an introduction. I've never been very good at these things. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Joe, welcome to the

Hi Joe, welcome to the forums.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Joe!  Any particular

Hi Joe!  Any particular reason why you were interested in the site

hutch
User is offlineOffline
Hi Joe!  Welcome to the

Hi Joe!  Welcome to the forums!  I'd echo off of pariahane, what brought you around these heathen parts? Cool

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, joewhyit! We're

Welcome, joewhyit!

We're glad you're here.

Yeah, the introduction thing can get a little weird sometimes, but we'd like to know a little bit about you.

How long have you been an atheist/agnostic?

Where 'bouts are you from? (OOuu. Bad grammar!)

What do you do for a living (general area of expertise is fine if you don't care to give details)?

Do you have a particular area of interest like errancy in scripture, evolution, crazy xians, etc?

And of course, since I'm also the Cat Lady, I have to ask, do you have critters? Smiling

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

joewhyit
User is offlineOffline
Wow. Shit. A lot to reply

Wow. Shit. A lot to reply to.

Why my interest in the site? Because I like the fact that there's something resembling a unified effort to promote atheism, and that's something I can get behind.

I found out about the site, thanks to a friend of mine who told me about the "Way of the Disaster" debate, and I found my way here. I read a bit, decided I'd join, you know how these things go. A friend of a friend and all that.

How long have I been an atheist? Eh, since about 13 or so, but honestly back then it was to spite my mother. As I grew older, I realized that, hey, there might be something to this besides pissing off mommy. The more I read about theology in general, Christianity, etc., the more it seemed to all be a crock of shit. So that's where I am now.

I'm not really from anywhere. Moved around a lot when I was a kid, and then more once I wasn't a kid anymore. At the moment, I live in Indiana. And surprisingly, I haven't been lynched yet. Silly Hoosiers.

What I do for a living? What, like a career? Yeah, I don't have one of those. I'm thinking of going back to college and see if I can't get one of those "career" things. I hear they're not that bad, you know, with the whole "having money" thing.

Nah, no particular area of interest, other than breaking off other peoples' ignorance and beating them with it, figuratively speaking. I don't know that I should take such glee in breaking down and belittling others' beliefs, but I seem to not have a high tolerance for stupidity. What's a guy to do?

And no, no critters for me.

Anything else?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have very fond memories

I have very fond memories of visiting Indiana.

Evansville, IN has the best bar-b-que I've ever had!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Way of the disaster. Lol. I

Way of the disaster. Lol. I like it.

Welcome. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.