My new religion!

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
My new religion!

I would like to announce to everyone that today I finally had a "spiritual awakening" and have come to know of god.  We're not personal friends or anything, I haven't talked to god or anything, but that's ok, in now understand why that is.  God couldn't come to me anyway, so I'm fine with it.  I realize now that to approach god would mean certain death.  So I will not bore you with details of some ecncounter where I claim to have talked to god personall or any crap like that.  You wouldn't but it and neither would I.

I have discovered that ALL of the religions of the earth have it completely wrong.  They're all so off base it's ridiculous.  Most people's beliefs rely solely on ancient writings from long before science came into play, and all have proven to not be able to stand up to scientific study.  My religion can be proven 100% by scientific study, and in fact has been.

I would like to introduce you to my religion with this short poem I though up about half an hour ago.

1. I breathe because of the sun
  2. I eat because of the sun
  3. I see because of the sun
  4. I live because of the sun
  5. I exist because of the sun

Yes, I realize now that everything in nature the christians attribute to a "higher power" are in fact the results of the amazing power of the sun.  While the sun did not create the universe, it created life on this planet, and that is what is important to me.  It gave us life and it gives us everythign we need to continue that life.  The plants that I eat feed on sunlight, and without it they would certainly perish.  The plants emit the oxygen I need to survive as well as give me nourishment.  Those same plants feed the animals that I then consume.  The sun also gives this planet warmth to prevent the entire planet from being an ice ball and warms me when I bask in it's glory.

For you see, the sun has truly brought me into existence and for this I am eternally grateful.  So in my gratitude I have created this religion so that all can find the same comfort.

The sun, Sonnie as he will be referred to as, deserves the respect due the creator of all life, for he is the true creator.  Billions of years ago Sonnie came into existence from a big bang and capture our planet in it's gravitational field.  When the solar system equalized, the sun bathed the planet with it's rays and life slowely began.  The continued sunlight sustained life and humans eventually evolved into intelligent beings, bring us to today.  Sonnie didn't create us on purpose, but he did create us.

Our great Sonnie gave us life by his very existance, yet he has no intelligence and is not self aware.  Sonnie has no wants, needs, nor desires from from us.  Our life gives him a purpose and our lives give us purpose.

I hereby declare that I am a member of the Factian Religion, from the latin word fact. meaning "deed" and the latin word ianus, meaning "belonging to or coming from".

The Factian Creed:

1. I will not pray to Sonnie because Sonnie has no thoughts
  2. I will not worship Sonnies as Sonnie is inanimate
  3. I will not blame Sonnie for my failures as Sonnie did not make my decision
  4. I will not credit Sonnie with my successes because I achieved them myself
  5. I will not attempt to stop scientific study due to fear off being proven wrong, nor because I think Sonnie would be angered
  6. I will not commit atrocities in Sonnie's name
  7. I will not discriminate, harm, nor hamper the happiness of anyone due to their lack of belief
  8. I will treat others as I would want to be treated because I know everyone is equal
  9. I will live my life as I see fit and will not try to change how others chose to live their life
  10. I willa ccept this gift of life Sonnie has given me and be the best person I can be
  11. I will help others in need because it's the right thing to do
  12. I find comfort in the knowledge that Sonnie will be with me till my final days.  I know Sonnie will rise every morning and set every night, continuing the cycle of life
  13. I know Sonnie can never be disappointed in me no matter my mistakes
  14. I know it is impossible for Sonnie to know of my existence and that's ok.

People of the earth, live your life to the fullest without the need for recognition from the true creator, who is incapable of recognition, and just accept Sonnie, yourself, and others as they truly are.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blessed are thee in the name

Blessed are thee in the name of nuclear fusion!

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's possible that

I think it's possible that the christian religion was symbolically created based from the Sun.

Quote:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called Insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert M. Pirsig,

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
That sounds like a pretty

That sounds like a pretty boring religion to me.  No offense, but who would want a religion based off of fact? Rational theism? No thanks, I'll pass.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
Blessed are thee in the name of nuclear fusion!

....and blessed is the fruit of thy spectral wavelengths. 

Booclay
Booclay's picture
User is offlineOffline
George Carlin at his best

George Carlin at his best

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Slimm wrote: I think it's

Slimm wrote:

I think it's possible that the christian religion was symbolically created based from the Sun.

Are we talking about the Father, the Sun and the Holy Spirit? 

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: That

LosingStreak06 wrote:

That sounds like a pretty boring religion to me.  No offense, but who would want a religion based off of fact? Rational theism? No thanks, I'll pass.

I know I know, I considered putting a worthog in the center of the sun and the sunrays were actually telepathic signals that were commanding humans to have as much sex as possible, but in the end I left that part out

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
Slimm wrote:

Are we talking about the Father, the Sun and the Holy Spirit? 

I posted a Video about it......

Slimm,

Quote:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called Insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert M. Pirsig,

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
But is there a Cher?

But is there a Cher?

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arletta

Arletta wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:

That sounds like a pretty boring religion to me. No offense, but who would want a religion based off of fact? Rational theism? No thanks, I'll pass.

I know I know, I considered putting a worthog in the center of the sun and the sunrays were actually telepathic signals that were commanding humans to have as much sex as possible, but in the end I left that part out
Sonnie Damn it! That would have ruled!

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arletta wrote: I would

Arletta wrote:

I would like to announce to everyone that today I finally had a "spiritual awakening" and have come to know of god. We're not personal friends or anything, I haven't talked to god or anything, but that's ok, in now understand why that is. God couldn't come to me anyway, so I'm fine with it. I realize now that to approach god would mean certain death. So I will not bore you with details of some ecncounter where I claim to have talked to god personall or any crap like that. You wouldn't but it and neither would I.

I have discovered that ALL of the religions of the earth have it completely wrong. They're all so off base it's ridiculous. Most people's beliefs rely solely on ancient writings from long before science came into play, and all have proven to not be able to stand up to scientific study. My religion can be proven 100% by scientific study, and in fact has been.

I would like to introduce you to my religion with this short poem I though up about half an hour ago.

1. I breathe because of the sun
  2. I eat because of the sun
  3. I see because of the sun
  4. I live because of the sun
  5. I exist because of the sun

Yes, I realize now that everything in nature the christians attribute to a "higher power" are in fact the results of the amazing power of the sun. While the sun did not create the universe, it created life on this planet, and that is what is important to me. It gave us life and it gives us everythign we need to continue that life. The plants that I eat feed on sunlight, and without it they would certainly perish. The plants emit the oxygen I need to survive as well as give me nourishment. Those same plants feed the animals that I then consume. The sun also gives this planet warmth to prevent the entire planet from being an ice ball and warms me when I bask in it's glory.

For you see, the sun has truly brought me into existence and for this I am eternally grateful. So in my gratitude I have created this religion so that all can find the same comfort.

The sun, Sonnie as he will be referred to as, deserves the respect due the creator of all life, for he is the true creator. Billions of years ago Sonnie came into existence from a big bang and capture our planet in it's gravitational field. When the solar system equalized, the sun bathed the planet with it's rays and life slowely began. The continued sunlight sustained life and humans eventually evolved into intelligent beings, bring us to today. Sonnie didn't create us on purpose, but he did create us.

Our great Sonnie gave us life by his very existance, yet he has no intelligence and is not self aware. Sonnie has no wants, needs, nor desires from from us. Our life gives him a purpose and our lives give us purpose.

I hereby declare that I am a member of the Factian Religion, from the latin word fact. meaning "deed" and the latin word ianus, meaning "belonging to or coming from".

The Factian Creed:

1. I will not pray to Sonnie because Sonnie has no thoughts
  2. I will not worship Sonnies as Sonnie is inanimate
  3. I will not blame Sonnie for my failures as Sonnie did not make my decision
  4. I will not credit Sonnie with my successes because I achieved them myself
  5. I will not attempt to stop scientific study due to fear off being proven wrong, nor because I think Sonnie would be angered
  6. I will not commit atrocities in Sonnie's name
  7. I will not discriminate, harm, nor hamper the happiness of anyone due to their lack of belief
  8. I will treat others as I would want to be treated because I know everyone is equal
  9. I will live my life as I see fit and will not try to change how others chose to live their life
  10. I willa ccept this gift of life Sonnie has given me and be the best person I can be
  11. I will help others in need because it's the right thing to do
  12. I find comfort in the knowledge that Sonnie will be with me till my final days. I know Sonnie will rise every morning and set every night, continuing the cycle of life
  13. I know Sonnie can never be disappointed in me no matter my mistakes
  14. I know it is impossible for Sonnie to know of my existence and that's ok.

People of the earth, live your life to the fullest without the need for recognition from the true creator, who is incapable of recognition, and just accept Sonnie, yourself, and others as they truly are.

You're right, we shouldn't commit atrocities in Sonnie's name, as Sonnie is a god of warmth and love. Sonnie would want us to kill all non-Factists, though, as everyone else is purely evil, and committing an atrocity on an evil person is no atrocity at all! Therefore, we can still say our god is loving and just and peaceful, even while we eradicate the filthy non-Factists off the face of the earth.

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: You're

BenfromCanada wrote:
You're right, we shouldn't commit atrocities in Sonnie's name, as Sonnie is a god of warmth and love. Sonnie would want us to kill all non-Factists, though, as everyone else is purely evil, and committing an atrocity on an evil person is no atrocity at all! Therefore, we can still say our god is loving and just and peaceful, even while we eradicate the filthy non-Factists off the face of the earth.
Damn, that didn't take long for someone to completely twist Sonnies teachings for their own purposes, and to be used to oppress others.  This is why religion sucks!

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arletta

Arletta wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
Damn, that didn't take long for someone to completely twist Sonnies teachings for their own purposes, and to be used to oppress others. This is why religion sucks!
I am just showing the world what you really meant, oh great prophetess of Sonnie! Seriously. It's so obvious that when you said "love thy neighbour" you meant "unless he's of a different religion than you, or does something you don't like, or votes Democrat."

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada

BenfromCanada wrote:
Arletta wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
Damn, that didn't take long for someone to completely twist Sonnies teachings for their own purposes, and to be used to oppress others. This is why religion sucks!
I am just showing the world what you really meant, oh great prophetess of Sonnie! Seriously. It's so obvious that when you said "love thy neighbour" you meant "unless he's of a different religion than you, or does something you don't like, or votes Democrat."
Well.... If we destroy all non-believers then I can command the masses to do my bidding.  I will have tremendous power and could remake the world in MY image!  Genius!

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arletta

Arletta wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
Arletta wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
Well.... If we destroy all non-believers then I can command the masses to do my bidding. I will have tremendous power and could remake the world in MY image! Genius!
Alright! I'll be Paul to your Jesus. Sound like a plan?

You know, I think this is about as hard as it was to convert Muhammed to this way of thinking.

"Allah is all about love and stuff."

"Hey, Muhammed, we could use Allah to conquer the world. After all, killing non-believers can't be a sin, right?"

"You know, you're right! Good idea! Let's do it! Fuck love and stuff, let's get to oppressing women and killing infidels!"