A new kind of mail from male theists

I woke up this morning, only to find this in my mailbox:

Maragon,

has sent you a
message via your contact form
(http://www.rationalresponders.com/user/5848/contact) at Rational
Responders.

If you don't want to receive such e-mails, you can change your settings at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/user/maragon.

Hi, you're really pretty you know that?

And I thought, since we had a nasty thread a few days ago where we got based by theists, I would post the first compliment I've gotten from one here.

And, I'm a girl, so compliments make my day. Smiling

And although I appreciate your compliment, I'm concerned for you. Isn't there some kind of commandment that says something like, 'Thou shalt not covet nerdy internets chicks?'

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awww!! So, what's creepier,

Awww!! So, what's creepier, the hate mail or the love mail? I've only gotten hate mail so I can't compare. Eye-wink

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: And

Maragon wrote:

And although I appreciate your compliment, I'm concerned for you. Isn't there some kind of commandment that says something like, 'Thou shalt not covet nerdy internets chicks?'

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

He is sinning!  This is the anti-dating-non-christians verse!! 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Awww!!

pariahjane wrote:
Awww!! So, what's creepier, the hate mail or the love mail? I've only gotten hate mail so I can't compare. Eye-wink

I'll send you some love mail and then you can properly compare! 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Andyy wrote: Maragon

Andyy wrote:
Maragon wrote:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

He is sinning! This is the anti-dating-non-christians verse!!

Yes!

I make people sin, pwned. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where I'm from we call that

Where I'm from we call that sort of thing "stalking." I hereby define that as "Jesus Christ Superstar Creepy."

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would say love mail is

I would say love mail is creepier. I dunno, it just sends shudders up my spine.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, wait a minute! Are you

Hey, wait a minute! Are you sure this is from a theist? I didn't see anything that would suggest his religious slant. Perhaps its from an atheist. Oooh, someone has a crush on Maragon!! LOL.

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Hey, wait

pariahjane wrote:
Hey, wait a minute! Are you sure this is from a theist? I didn't see anything that would suggest his religious slant. Perhaps its from an atheist. Oooh, someone has a crush on Maragon!! LOL.

Oh no, it's from one of our theists.

I left out his name to be polite, but I assure you, he's rocking the badge and everything. 

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
Give the man one thing, at

Give the man one thing, at least he's got some taste.

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh...  I remember my torn

Oh...  I remember my torn heart when I used to have crushes on "non-christians" back in my evangelical days.  Go easy on the guy!

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or maybe it was Frank

Or maybe it was Frank Walton. Wink

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: pariahjane

Maragon wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

Oh no, it's from one of our theists.

I left out his name to be polite, but I assure you, he's rocking the badge and everything. 

See, atheists can be nice!! lol. That's actually very nice of him. See, people can get along despite their differences.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Does he also absolve you of

Does he also absolve you of sin as well, or is he just aesthetically pleased?

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
It does seem a bit weird!

It does seem a bit weird! Fundies can be creepy people sometimes. Even total hypocrites!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Come on, give the poor guy a

Come on, give the poor guy a chance!! He was probably just being nice. Everyone is picking on him because he's a theist . Maragon is pretty, this guy was just telling it like it is. lol.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, I would say this of

No, I would say this of anyone who sends a random e-mail like this. There are a lot of crackpots out there. This sort of thing can go badly very quickly. My reaction is only due to my desire not to see a "Law and Order" based on the events that started here.

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Come on,

pariahjane wrote:
Come on, give the poor guy a chance!! He was probably just being nice. Everyone is picking on him because he's a theist . Maragon is pretty, this guy was just telling it like it is. lol.

See?

All the women from this board need to be the new face of atheism. 

We'll dazzle people with our intellect, and breasts.

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: No, I would say

Nero wrote:
No, I would say this of anyone who sends a random e-mail like this. There are a lot of crackpots out there. This sort of thing can go badly very quickly. My reaction is only due to my desire not to see a "Law and Order" based on the events that started here.

Meh, I already have a real cybar stalker. I met him when I used to play World of Warcraft. He like....found all of my blogs and read them, and when I quit WoW, he managed to find my MSN and email so he could continue to talk to me.

It's all downhill from there. 

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline

Maragon wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

See?

Agreed.  I'd vote for you and pariahjane. Eye-wink

P.S. I'm not creepy, I just like to flatter to females.  All of them.  You are all wonderful.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: Maragon

Tarpan wrote:
Maragon wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

See?

Agreed.  I'd vote for you and pariahjane. Eye-wink

P.S. I'm not creepy, I just like to flatter to females.  All of them.  You are all wonderful.

Flattery will get you everywhere. Eye-wink

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: Nero

Maragon wrote:

Nero wrote:

Meh, I already have a real cybar stalker. I met him when I used to play World of Warcraft. He like....found all of my blogs and read them, and when I quit WoW, he managed to find my MSN and email so he could continue to talk to me.

It's all downhill from there. 

That's even scarier. Although, now that I think of it, maybe being a cyber stalker is the way to go. Ever have a former priest stalk you? Smiling

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Tarpan

pariahjane wrote:
Tarpan wrote:

P.S. I'm not creepy, I just like to flatter to females. All of them. You are all wonderful.

Flattery will get you everywhere. Eye-wink

I think my flattery would be much more effective if I at least used correct english.

to? the!

Anyways...

how you doin'? /wink 

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline

Maragon wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

Um...will you copy me on that love mail?
I'll be in my bunk...
:^)
-HCG

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
HC Grindon wrote: Maragon

HC Grindon wrote:
Maragon wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

Um...will you copy me on that love mail?
I'll be in my bunk...
:^)
-HCG

Not only do you give the lesbian joke, you make it a Firefly lesbian joke.

You're my hero. 

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: Hi,

Maragon wrote:

I think he's quoting Shakespeare... Here's the entire passage:

Hi, you're really pretty you know that? Do you like me?

Check one:

[]  Yes, I do like you too!!!!!

[] No, I do not like you!

(Please don't pick that one!!!!111!!!) 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: Maragon

todangst wrote:
Maragon wrote:

I think he's quoting Shakespeare... Here's the entire passage:

Hi, you're really pretty you know that? Do you like me?

Check one:

[] Yes, I do like you too!!!!!

[] No, I do not like you!

(Please don't pick that one!!!!111!!!)

That's truly a classic!! (Da-ra-rump!)  LOL! 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Todd,   I know people

Todd,  

I know people always say things like 'I lol'd', but honestly, I laughed out loud.

That was a great joke, and you seem so intelligent and serious that I was unprepared. 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
And exactly one week later,

And  one week later, I recieve a new theist love letter:

Hi, I like your picture. You're so beautiful. I would like to see more
pictures if you have any. Thanks.

Maragon, single-handedly corrupting theist males, by doing....whatever it is I'm doing.

Different guy, still this board. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps this is the

Perhaps this is the beginning of a new cult. The cult of Isis, Hera and Maragon.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Perhaps this is

Nero wrote:
Perhaps this is the beginning of a new cult. The cult of Isis, Hera and Maragon.

I'd hit - I mean, join it.

:> 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow Maragon... you may be on

Wow Maragon... you may be on to something!  You should send emails back, and move things along romantically.  As soon as things are on the brink of getting serious, make them deny god!  Then post the emails and their user names.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Thats a great idea

Thats a great idea Andyy!

If at all possible I would like to have the other side of the project. Attracting theist girls and getting them to change there mind. I really need the attention. Frown

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: And  one

Maragon wrote:

And  one week later, I recieve a new theist love letter:

Hi, I like your picture. You're so beautiful. I would like to see more
pictures if you have any. Thanks.

Maragon, single-handedly corrupting theist males, by doing....whatever it is I'm doing.

Different guy, still this board. 

It is a little weird. They're clearly breaking one of the ten commandments. They do have some taste though. Just scarily up front. I dunno if it's just me but the internet doesn't seem like the right environment for chatting up girls, I mean it's such an artificial social environment I guess. Meh.

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

If at all possible I would like to have the other side of the project. Attracting theist girls and getting them to change there mind. I really need the attention. Frown

The Evangelical University I went to (Bethel, St Paul, MN) was about 2/3 women.  The 'ministry groups' I was a part of usually had a similar ration.  Start going to church undercover and you can do this too! 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go Maragon!!  lol.  I'm

Go Maragon!!  lol.  I'm impressed!  Pretty soon you're going to have your own following. Eye-wink

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: If

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Christian girls (especially the devoted type) tend to be virgins, which in turn tends to make them rather poor lovers. If you've got no problems with humping a pillow, then you're in good luck, but for me, there's nothing quite as awkward as plunging myself into what is basically a living, breathing corpse. It makes me feel a little sick.

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Christian girls (especially the devoted type) tend to be virgins, which in turn tends to make them rather poor lovers. If you've got no problems with humping a pillow, then you're in good luck, but for me, there's nothing quite as awkward as plunging myself into what is basically a living, breathing corpse. It makes me feel a little sick.

The devoted ones you have to marry or convince them to fall in to sin. 

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Andyy

Andyy wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:

The devoted ones you have to marry or convince them to fall in to sin. 

I went out with a Christian girl for a while who was all 'no sex before marraige' kinda thing. She also had a few other issues. Funny thing is a few months later she lost her faith and resolved the issues. Looks like I picked the wrong time to go out with her. These days I think I'd probably never want to go out with a Christian. I do know what you mean though Losing Streak, the first two girls I slept with (both in stable long-term relationships) were virgins and there was nothing more awkward than the first time (especially with the first because neither of us knew a thing but also with the second). Mind you, my second sexual partner took to it like a duck to water. Seriously, I turned her from a prudent, self-conscious geek to a total nympho in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I live with her and her boyfriend is here, it really isn't a pleasant situation when I have to hear them. Meh, I've probably gone too far with detail. I need to learn where the line actually is.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
I'm curious if the others

I'm curious if the others are getting the same letters.  I mean sure Maragon looks cute in her picture and what not...but there's so many gorgeous atheist women around here like jce, pariahjane, glamour, arletta, susan, etc...surely they're all getting this kind of attention as well.  If they're not then I'd suggest that though the theists appear accurate on one occasion, they clearly aren't showing consistancy in their rational thinking.

reow @ all of you! 

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
The love mail is definitely

The love mail is definitely creepier. Definitely. Scary. One of my more recent pieces wants me to set up a pictures area in order to help deconvert people. LOL.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: I'm curious

Tarpan wrote:

I'm curious if the others are getting the same letters. I mean sure Maragon looks cute in her picture and what not...but there's so many gorgeous atheist women around here like jce, pariahjane, glamour, arletta, susan, etc...surely they're all getting this kind of attention as well. If they're not then I'd suggest that though the theists appear accurate on one occasion, they clearly aren't showing consistancy in their rational thinking.

reow @ all of you!

Well, Sugarfree keeps IM'ing me and asking me to send her pictures of me in some ass-less chaps.

OK, that was a lie.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote:

kellym78 wrote:
The love mail is definitely creepier. Definitely. Scary. One of my more recent pieces wants me to set up a pictures area in order to help deconvert people. LOL.

Drain their souls?

Disclaimer: I'm ashamed of myself for posting this.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:
AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Well I dont want to "hump" them lol. Im married. I just want them to think Im hot so I can talk some sense into them. Its so much easier to understand someones point of view if you find them attractive. Tongue out 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: I'm curious

Tarpan wrote:

I'm curious if the others are getting the same letters. I mean sure Maragon looks cute in her picture and what not...but there's so many gorgeous atheist women around here like jce, pariahjane, glamour, arletta, susan, etc...surely they're all getting this kind of attention as well. If they're not then I'd suggest that though the theists appear accurate on one occasion, they clearly aren't showing consistancy in their rational thinking.

reow @ all of you!

Quoted For Truth.

The other ladies who contribute here must be getting similar emails. I'd say we've got the monopoly on good looking atheists. 

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure what to

I'm not sure what to interpret from the silence!

Perhaps they are all holding onto their own theist harems quietly and trying not to expose them. 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: Tarpan

Maragon wrote:
Tarpan wrote:

reow @ all of you!

Quoted For Truth.

The other ladies who contribute here must be getting similar emails. I'd say we've got the monopoly on good looking atheists.

The only email I ever got was a hate email from someone who couldn't spell and thought I looked like Woody Woodpecker (I still crack up about that) but for some reason, I think I can handle that better than I could a nice email.  lol

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Between ladies like Kelly,

Between ladies like Kelly, Meagan, PariahJane and Jce, we have good-looking atheist women on lock.  Now I just need to get myself in shape and do my part for atheist men.

Last I checked, theistic women aren't into guys that resemble Peter Griffin.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy wrote: Between

Family_Guy wrote:

Between ladies like Kelly, Meagan, PariahJane and Jce, we have good-looking atheist women on lock.  Now I just need to get myself in shape and do my part for atheist men.

Last I checked, theistic women aren't into guys that resemble Peter Griffin.

I need to get me in shape too. University might expand my mind but it does nothing for my body.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: The only

pariahjane wrote:

The only email I ever got was a hate email from someone who couldn't spell and thought I looked like Woody Woodpecker (I still crack up about that) but for some reason, I think I can handle that better than I could a nice email. lol

Let it be known that you do not look like Woody Woodpecker but do got that sexy intelligent woman look going on if you ask me.

Of course, I probably shouldn't be posting while I'm notsosober but oh well.  If I end up saying anything out of line in the next hour or so on here I am going to take a firm goddidit stance.