Making a differance? Is it really about making a name?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Making a differance? Is it really about making a name?

Pick a label, any one, political, ideological or religious.

Do humans really want to "improve" or merely "leave their mark"?

In biological terms when you procreate you "leave your mark". But that does not improve anything, that continues your line.

"Allah, Yahwey, Jesus" are concepts of fiction. Each of these concepts are manifestations of believers, not intrested in the "greater good" but "peace through dominance".

If the species is to maximaize benifit and minimize harm then such mythological beings must be put out to pasture.

These are not claims as a result of data, but inventions of benifiting one group over another based on "leaving a mark". If everyone fights over who drives the bus then the driving doesnt get done because too much time is spent crashing.

I would rather die in obscurity and let people learn from everything, than walk around like religion does and shout, "My way or the highway".

So the impass isnt that humans dissagree, that is a given. The impass is that most are concerned with "leaving a mark" and confuse it with " a greater good".

If there is any bigger narcisism in the world it is, "I died for your sins". As if I cant admit to a fuck up on my own. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
This reminds me of the

This reminds me of the Thomas Edison & Tesla situation. Edison invented Direct Current while Tesla invented the BETTER Alternating Current. Instead of making the world better and back up or helping Telsa, he went on a mission to dis-credit AC. Even saying that if it was up to him, he would make Alternating Current against the law...

Slimm,

Quote:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called Insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert M. Pirsig,