Introduction of AFPLU

afplu
User is offlineOffline
Introduction of AFPLU

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum right quick.

I'm a life-long atheist, raised by atheists. I have a LOT of practice defending atheism and attacking theism. The recent attention atheism has been getting in the media has made me feel pretty good lately!

Other than that, not much to say. I'm married, I bike everywhere, and I live in St. Paul, MN. Also, I run the AFPLU shop. (I won't post the URL because I'm seriously not here to sell stuff.)

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Afplu!! You are

Welcome Afplu!! You are lucky, I wish I could bike everywhere. We are too sprawled here in St. Louis.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

afplu
User is offlineOffline
It's funny. I actually had

It's funny. I actually had some success convincing theists to come over to the bright side when i was much younger. I guess kids are better able to listen to reason! Smiling

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Welcome Afplu!!

BGH wrote:
Welcome Afplu!! You are lucky, I wish I could bike everywhere. We are too sprawled here in St. Louis.

Man I tried. A couple weeks ago I had this idea that I would start biking to work. 16 miles each way. I made the trip. But it took a long time. Im a smoker of 10 years now. It was rough. Im scared of my bike now. Cry

Welcome Afplu!! 

afplu
User is offlineOffline
Thanks! My ride to work is

Thanks! My ride to work is only about 7 miles each way. And I quit smoking about 5 months ago. I highly recommend it!

I also recommend shrinking your triangle!

http://smallertriangle.blogspot.com

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would love to shrink my

I would love to shrink my triangle and when I can get a job close enough that pays enough I would love to make it an equilateral triangle, right now it is more like an obtuse triangle. LOL/

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: BGH

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

BGH wrote:

Man I tried. A couple weeks ago I had this idea that I would start biking to work. 16 miles each way. I made the trip. But it took a long time. Im a smoker of 10 years now. It was rough. Im scared of my bike now. Cry

Welcome Afplu!!

I quit smoking like less than a week ago and I'm amazed at how much better my breathing is, it's amazing. 

Also, welcome to our forums!

What's an Afplu store? 0o 

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
I considered quitting. But

I considered quitting. But then i wont have any addictions left. Then i wont know what to do with my time. Cry

Really I dont think Im ready to quit. My understanding is its one of those things you have to be 100% commited to doing.  

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: I

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

I considered quitting. But then i wont have any addictions left. Then i wont know what to do with my time. Cry

Really I dont think Im ready to quit. My understanding is its one of those things you have to be 100% commited to doing.

I thought it would be wicked hard, because I'm actually young and stupid enough to 'enjoy' smoking.

But I read this book, and honestly, I just quit.

It was so easy. 

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Well you can call me stupid

Well you can call me stupid then because I enjoy my smokes. lol. However the burning in the lungs in the morning isnt to pleasent.

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: Well

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
Well you can call me stupid then because I enjoy my smokes. lol. However the burning in the lungs in the morning isnt to pleasent.

I didn't mean to imply you were stupid.
I apologize, I should have worded that better.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
lol. Dont worry about it. I

lol. Dont worry about it. I didnt think that. I was just agreeing. I probably shouldnt convince myself that I enjoy smoking. It is just a tough habit to break. I always feel like Im forgetting something when I havent smoked for a while. It messes with my head. Cool

afplu
User is offlineOffline
afplu just stands for

afplu just stands for atheists for peace, love, and understanding. it's what i named my cafepress shop. i figured the designs are all atheist, and i like elvis costello a lot, so it made sense for a name!

I should totally buy an ad on this site, btw.... Hmmm.... 

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Afplu, I'm sure

Welcome Afplu,

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I'm not a life long atheist but probably a life lonf skeptic.

afplu
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, Jacob.   I hope

Thanks, Jacob.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Arletta
Arletta's picture
User is offlineOffline
afplu wrote:Thanks! My

afplu wrote:

Thanks! My ride to work is only about 7 miles each way. And I quit smoking about 5 months ago. I highly recommend it!

I also recommend shrinking your triangle!

http://smallertriangle.blogspot.com

My triangle can't get much smaller.  I work from my bedroom and I can see the shopping center I use from my door.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board!

{edited because I'm an idiot sometimes}