This doesnt look good. At least not to me.

Ig
User is offlineOffline

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ig

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I think a lot of their

I think a lot of their approach is toungue-in-cheek sarcasm, and more fun and mockery than anything really dangerous.  I'm curious as to what they're up to.  Oh, and I'm not surprised they're already causing drama.  That's their credo it seems Eye-wink

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
LoL. And people call the

LoL. And people call the Rational Response Squad militant?

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I am not mistaken,

If I am not mistaken, Judelicious has spoken of the idea in one of her videos.

If she's part of it then I know it's going to be something funny. lol. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol. I can't wait for all

lol. I can't wait for all of the THEIST SCUM UNITED response websites.

The blasphemy challenge brought us the challenge blasphemy people. Why would they go against their M.O. now. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
These people actually are

These people actually are atheist scum. And they don't do the majority of decent atheists like us lot any favours.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
They are doing the same

They are doing the same thing to theists that theists do to atheists. As a result, they have my support. Until theists stop being assholes anyway.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dont they need permission

Dont they need permission to put the link and logo of the Atheist Blood Drive

Ig
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: They are

Vastet wrote:
They are doing the same thing to theists that theists do to atheists. As a result, they have my support. Until theists stop being assholes anyway.

Quote:
OPERATION BLITZKREIG

The blitzkrieg is an attack tactic the ASU will employ to achieve our objectives. The blitzkrieg method involves large numbers of ASU members targeting a specific user. The members will select a target, perhaps weekly, and then bombard that user with video responses and comments in the form of mockery, ridicule and blatant disrespect. We will not make threats of violence nor flag the videos nor spam the comments. ASU members, individually and working in unison, will simply denounces and condemn the targeted users beliefs. This method will be particularly effective when 100 or more ASU members strike a specific user. The targeted user will then be logged in the Fucktard list and monitored for follow-up or potential future attacks.

Imagine the reaction when a theist user on YT suddenly gets 100 video responses and 1000+ comments completely degrading and refuting the theist's beliefs. It might be enough to make them question their irrational beliefs. Also, it will also be extraordinarily entertaining to see the reaction of a targeted user.

This tactic will expand to other video websites, blogs, forums and theist-based websites.

Where have you seen theist doing this type of thing?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where have you NOT seen them

Where have you NOT seen them doing this type of thing? Oh they may not be quite as organized, but then there's 10 times as many of them.

Ig
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Where have

Vastet wrote:
Where have you NOT seen them doing this type of thing? Oh they may not be quite as organized, but then there's 10 times as many of them.

Every website I have visited where people interact with one another. Show me some examples please.

Here's more I wish to highlight...

Quote:
Upon sufficient domination of YT, where theists do not feel welcome, the ASU will expand to other video websites such as Revver, Live Video and Stickam. Therein we will employ the same tactics, perhaps refined, to theistic users on any and all available video-based and/or steaming websites. At this point the ASU should have sufficient momentum to plan and execute a mass wave of direct opposition upon all the major social networking websites. The ASU task force will post blatantly opposing and disrespectful comments in blogs and forums, specifically on theist-based websites. Progress will be measured by the amount of resistance and replies on each website.

Ig
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote:

AiiA wrote:

Dont they need permission to put the link and logo of the Atheist Blood Drive?

I noticed that and immedietly saw it as a purely political ploy. They want to show their soft side. Puleez

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ig wrote: Vastet

Ig wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Every website I have visited where people interact with one another. Show me some examples please.

Here's more I wish to highlight...

Quote:
Upon sufficient domination of YT, where theists do not feel welcome, the ASU will expand to other video websites such as Revver, Live Video and Stickam. Therein we will employ the same tactics, perhaps refined, to theistic users on any and all available video-based and/or steaming websites. At this point the ASU should have sufficient momentum to plan and execute a mass wave of direct opposition upon all the major social networking websites. The ASU task force will post blatantly opposing and disrespectful comments in blogs and forums, specifically on theist-based websites. Progress will be measured by the amount of resistance and replies on each website.

You tube alone is more evidence than I need to produce of it. I can't show you specific links as I have no access to that site, but theists constantly gang up on atheists there. Myspace as well. Look up some info on creationist think tanks for yet more evidence of theists doing this kind of thing. There's more evidence of it happening than there is evidence of sunlight. So if you've never encountered it you're willingly ignorant of it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually I should also have

Actually I should also have mentioned to take a look at the forum we're currently talking on. Specifically these sub-forums.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forums/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/the_rational_response_mail_bag

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forums/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/you_respond_rationally_mailbag

Now try and tell me theists don't do this.

Ig
User is offlineOffline
I wont just try. I will. I

I wont just try. I will.

I have not witnessed theist doing anything that even comes close to what I just posted. I could be wrong on My Space since I hate that site but I know You Tube pretty well and havent witnessed it. It's the other way around on YT. Christians are usually outnumbered. So much so that a big portion of them block comments.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I could not support the

I could not support the ASU... I think they prove a lot of theists right and do the cause of atheists a great deal of harm. I think any atheist groups should seek to prove that we are good, decent human beings and this does none of that. Even if it is what some theists do to us and various "liberal" thinking people, we should not stoop to their level.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well it used to be that way

Well it used to be that way on YT. Maybe it's changed. I hear a lot about moslems and others mass false reporting to get videos they don't like taken down though, so I'm not going to take your word for it.

The only difference between what these guys are doing and what theists do is with theism it's literally part of their religion to use threats, intimidation, and mass to convert others to it. These guys are a step up since there are no threats, the only intimidation is ridicule, and they actually use scientific facts instead of the bible or other religious texts.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe I'm too tired, but is

Maybe I'm too tired, but is this organised trolling to push people of different viewpoints away? Or organised counter-trolling? I'm about the reverting of theists*, not diverting of theists, and its a bit unclear to how this can do well in such a manner.

(*to their atheistic default)

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
ASU is over.

ASU is over.

Ig
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: ASU is

BenfromCanada wrote:
ASU is over.

Yep I noticed. I'm not going to shed any tears over it. We don't need to be stereotyped any worse than we already are. 

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, they only do our

Yeah, they only do our reputation harm, especially in America (most people here would probably think it a bad example of atheism).