Dictionary of made-up words

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dictionary of made-up words

Typos are one thing but when someone creatively invents a new word...well, that is just funny!

Please feel free to add to this thread any time you see a new made-up word. Here are a few that have stood out starting with my personal favorite:

Stuped - adj. - means damn near anything. Pronounced stoooopd, STOOOP-id, stuppd, or STUPP-ed depending on how you use it and your mood.

Inteeligent - adj. - describes someone with extraordinary brain power (like someone who would use the word stuped). Pronounced in-TEEEEE-li-gent.

Intellibent - adj. - similar to inteeligent, but can also be used as a noun. For example, "Ophios told him to go get intellibent." Prounced in-TEL-i-bent...say it really fast because then it sounds funnier.

Disgustipating - adj. - means Karl Rove or someone portraying themselves, for personal gain, to be a theist when they are an atheist. Pronounced dis-GUST-i-pating. Spit a little when you say it.

Fascisticly - adj. - used to describe a thread that has had the misfortune of staying on topic for entirely too long without somebody making a funny. Pronounced faa SHI sik ly.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't forget yours,

Don't forget yours, "rhadified".

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
What about this one:

What about this one: "athiest"

Noor
User is offlineOffline
What about a word that

What about a word that describes Bodhitharta's habit of creating threads that end up in Trollville?

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

"athiest" - A term that denotes a complete lack of even a basic understanding of what 'atheism' actually is...

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote: What about a

noor wrote:
What about a word that describes Bodhitharta's habit of creating threads that end up in Trollville?

Trollisitic? 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: noor

BGH wrote:

noor wrote:

Trollisitic? 

I like it. 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: American

todangst wrote:

American Atheist wrote:

"athiest" - A term that denotes a complete lack of even a basic understanding of what 'atheism' actually is...

Cool 

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Typos are one

jce wrote:

Typos are one thing but when someone creatively invents a new word...well, that is just funny!

Please feel free to add to this thread any time you see a new made-up word. Here are a few that have stood out starting with my personal favorite:

Stuped - adj. - means damn near anything. Pronounced stoooopd, STOOOP-id, stuppd, or STUPP-ed depending on how you use it and your mood.

Inteeligent - adj. - describes someone with extraordinary brain power (like someone who would use the word stuped). Pronounced in-TEEEEE-li-gent.

Intellibent - adj. - similar to inteeligent, but can also be used as a noun() For example, "Ophios told him to go get intellibent." Prounced in-TEL-i-bent...say it really fast because then it sounds funnier.

Disgustipating - adj. - means Karl Rove or someone portraying themselves, for personal gain, to be a theist when they are an atheist. Pronounced dis-GUST-i-pating. Spit a little when you say it.

Fascisticly - adj. - used to describe a thread that has had the misfortune of staying on topic for entirely too long without somebody making a funny. Pronounced faa SHI sik ly.

Yeah, I made it on the list.  and you are officially one of my favorites now.  You lucky I'm not older or you might be in trouble.... 

No Gods, Know Peace.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
NinjaTux wrote: Yeah, I

NinjaTux wrote:

Yeah, I made it on the list. and you are officially one of my favorites now. You lucky I'm not older or you might be in trouble....

Embarassed  Aww...flattery will get you everywhere, but mention my age again and you are off the list!  LOL

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Don't forget

BGH wrote:
Don't forget yours, "rhadified".

Oh yes!  Meaning:  taking one up the cranial tailpipe from RhadtheGizmo.

I kinda miss him. 

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
  jce wrote: NinjaTux

jce wrote:
NinjaTux wrote:

Yeah, I made it on the list. and you are officially one of my favorites now. You lucky I'm not older or you might be in trouble....

Embarassed Aww...flattery will get you everywhere, but mention my age again and you are off the list! LOL

But you look young for a 25 year old. ^_^ 

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mordagar wrote:   But you

Mordagar wrote:

25!!!!!!!, she doesn't look a day over 22...... 

No Gods, Know Peace.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mordagar wrote: But you

Mordagar wrote:

You are my new favorite!!   Kiss

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn, jce, you know how to

Damn, jce, you know how to work a crowd!  (Wait, did that come out wrong?)   We should definitely have a word that would describe Sugarfree and LikeAGoodMedicine (besides whiny, defensive, martyrd and in need of some serious Prozac).  I was going to try to come up with something and went to the Thesaurus for a little insipiration.  Instead I came across this when I looked up Sugar Free:

Main Entry:  benefactor
Part of Speech:  noun
Definition:  donor
Synonyms:  aid, altruist, angel, assistant, backer, contributor, fairy godmother, fan, free ride, good Samaritan, grubstaker, helper, humanitarian, mark*, meal ticket, patron, philanthropist, pigeon, promoter, protector, sponsor, subscriber, subsidizer, sugar daddy, supporter, well-wisher
Antonyms:  antagonist, opposer
Notes:  a benefactor is someone who provides a gift; a beneficiary is someone who receives benefits or favors
Source:  Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1)
Copyright © 2007 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
* = informal or slang

Am I not aware of something?  I was under the assumption that sugar free meant free of sugar.

Oh yeah, and you do look young for 25.  Smiling 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Mordagar

jce wrote:

Mordagar wrote:

You are my new favorite!! Kiss

Hehe. Wink

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Damn,

pariahjane wrote:

Damn, jce, you know how to work a crowd! (Wait, did that come out wrong?)

I wish!

pariahjane wrote:
We should definitely have a word that would describe Sugarfree and LikeAGoodMedicine (besides whiny, defensive, martyrd and in need of some serious Prozac). I was going to try to come up with something and went to the Thesaurus for a little insipiration. Instead I came across this when I looked up Sugar Free:

Main Entry: benefactor
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: donor
Synonyms: aid, altruist, angel, assistant, backer, contributor, fairy godmother, fan, free ride, good Samaritan, grubstaker, helper, humanitarian, mark*, meal ticket, patron, philanthropist, pigeon, promoter, protector, sponsor, subscriber, subsidizer, sugar daddy, supporter, well-wisher
Antonyms: antagonist, opposer
Notes: a benefactor is someone who provides a gift; a beneficiary is someone who receives benefits or favors
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1)
* = informal or slang

Am I not aware of something? I was under the assumption that sugar free meant free of sugar.

Benefactless came to mind after reading this, but I'm not sure it works. Diabetic coma, maybe? Emotionaltyzing? Hmmm, that's a tough one! We do need one, though.

pariahjane wrote:
Oh yeah, and you do look young for 25. Smiling

You are the sweetest! That anti-wrinkle stuff must really be working - LOL

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Damn,

pariahjane wrote:

Damn, jce, you know how to work a crowd! (Wait, did that come out wrong?) We should definitely have a word that would describe Sugarfree and LikeAGoodMedicine (besides whiny, defensive, martyrd and in need of some serious Prozac). I was going to try to come up with something and went to the Thesaurus for a little insipiration. Instead I came across this when I looked up Sugar Free:

Synonyms: aid, altruist, angel, assistant, backer, contributor, fairy godmother, fan, free ride, good Samaritan, grubstaker, helper, humanitarian, mark*, meal ticket, patron, philanthropist, pigeon, promoter, protector, sponsor, subscriber, subsidizer, sugar daddy, supporter, well-wisher
Notes: a benefactor is someone who provides a gift; a beneficiary is someone who receives benefits or favors
* = informal or slang

Am I not aware of something? I was under the assumption that sugar free meant free of sugar.

I just thought of =the bleeding majority - i.e. xtians who come in here assuming that they'll be oppressed so that when people question them they claim a holocaust has taken place.....

No Gods, Know Peace.

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dunno, whenever is see it

I dunno, whenever is see it spelled "athiest", I always think, "Well, I'm pretty athey but I'm not the athiEST!"

Athiest just means you're athier than that other person! 

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not totally made up

Not totally made up but:

Guilt: Something not good for survival.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/miscellanous_forums/trollville/5307?page=3 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know you're asking for new

I know you're asking for new made-up words, but I feel the classics will always be the best, and you can't get better than "God".

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are also phrases such

There are also phrases such as "Pull a Bod".

That needs to explanation on this site! 

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: There are

Susan wrote:

There are also phrases such as "Pull a Bod".

That needs to explanation on this site!

That'll go on for miles! 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personal favorite (not from

Personal favorite (not from the site):

Jesus-crispy: an evangelical that is so convinced that everyone is going to hell, that by their beliefs they are too.  But that doesn't stop them from prosteletyzing...

No Gods, Know Peace.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
NinjaTux wrote:pariahjane

NinjaTux wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

Damn, jce, you know how to work a crowd! (Wait, did that come out wrong?) We should definitely have a word that would describe Sugarfree and LikeAGoodMedicine (besides whiny, defensive, martyrd and in need of some serious Prozac). I was going to try to come up with something and went to the Thesaurus for a little insipiration. Instead I came across this when I looked up Sugar Free:

* = informal or slang

I just thought of =the bleeding majority - i.e. xtians who come in here assuming that they'll be oppressed so that when people question them they claim a holocaust has taken place.....

Bleeding Marjority is a good one!

How about Proselycrier for people like Sugarfree and LAGM?  they're always crying that atheists are soooo mean!!!

(Edit - for being a dumbass and spelling the word wrong)

Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
User is offlineOffline
uhm.... I wanna be cool and

uhm.... I wanna be cool and make up words too.... but I'm not that cool.... I got nothing. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: noor

BGH wrote:

noor wrote:

Trollisitic?

JCE, will you write the definition for this one please? 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
These weren't actually made

These weren't actually made by posters here, but "microevolution" and "macroevolution" are definitely made up words used here a lot...

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is my favorite, but I

This is my favorite, but I can't take credit for it.  My friend coined the term "religiostupidification" to describe any completely bone-headed belief or action that could only be possible with the help of faith.

Creation Science (sic!) in any form is an example of religiostupidification.

This isn't a made up word, but anyone who reads my threads will notice that I have begun including (sic!) after any occurence of the words "Creation Science" or any similar phrase.  I hope it catches on.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and JCE, as far as I

Oh, and JCE, as far as I can tell, you and I are both just barely old enough to know that age doesn't mean shit. I'll let you know when I'm in Missouri.

Kiss

{edit} Shit... is it Missouri, or Ohio?  Or am I just sniffing too much catnip?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Oh, and

Hambydammit wrote:

Oh, and JCE, as far as I can tell, you and I are both just barely old enough to know that age doesn't mean shit. I'll let you know when I'm in Missouri.

Kiss

{edit} Shit... is it Missouri, or Ohio? Or am I just sniffing too much catnip?

Hamby, you can come visit me in MISSOURI anytime you want!!  I'll bake you a cake.  You are right about the age thing because I sure do not feel my age (except maybe first thing in the morning - lol).

I'll be updating this thread tonight with all of the new submissions and a few more i found.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
has someone mentioned

has someone mentioned "para-logic" or para-logical"?

These, of course, refer to something that would be illogical if it were applied to anything other than the supernatural, but is perfectly logical because if it weren't, then the supernatural couldn't exist, but since it must exist, then the illogical must be paralogical.

Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: "athiest" -

todangst wrote:

or Dsyelixa Dyslexia

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
How about one I encountered

How about one I encountered today:

CosGenvolution - The belief by theists that cosmology(big bang & universe studies), abiogenisis(origin of life) and evolution(gene mutation and speciation) are all the same field of study and have too many holes. So "god" is needed to answer the non-answered questions.

{edit for clarity}

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Disgustipating

jce wrote:

"Disgustipated" is a song by Tool. It is about religion, in fact. The lyrics, which have "BAAA" sounds coming from the crowd at certain parts:

"-And the angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.-"

Let's add "rediculous" to this list. It is a word that means, regardless of the context, that the person typing the word is a total fucking idiot.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow - Thanks everyone!

Wow - Thanks everyone! Here is an update to the original list that includes the ones posted here and a few others I found:

Rhadified - taking one up the cranial tailpipe from RhadtheGizmo.

Male-ocracy - form of bizarre belief that men are in control. (Yes, Gauche, you own this one.)

A-Thoughtists - people incapable of discussing their beliefs intelligently. (NinjaTux)

Athiest - 1. A term that denotes a complete lack of even a basic understanding of what 'atheism' actually is 2. Being athier than the other person. (American Atheist, Todangst, GlamourKat)

Trollisitic - Troll like behavior; most outstanding example of this is Bodhitharta. (Noor, BGH)

Bleeding Majority - christians who come in here assuming that they'll be oppressed so that when people question them they claim a holocaust has taken place. Characteristics include: whiny, defensive, martyrd and in need of some serious Prozac. (Pariahjane, NinjaTux)

Guilt - Something not good for survival - see Bodhitharta. (Ophios)

God -

(Thingy)

Religiostupidification - to describe any completely bone-headed belief or action that could only be possible with the help of faith. (Hamby's friend - Dammit Hamby, HambyDammit is just too long to type!)

Creation Science - in any form is an example of religiostupidification. (Hamby)

Para-logic or Para-logical - These, of course, refer to something that would be illogical if it were applied to anything other than the supernatural, but is perfectly logical because if it weren't, then the supernatural couldn't exist, but since it must exist, then the illogical must be paralogical. (Hamby)

CosGenvolution - The belief by theists that cosmology(big bang & universe studies), abiogenisis(origin of life) and evolution(gene mutation and speciation) are all the same field of study and have too many holes. So "god" is needed to answer the non-answered questions. (BGH)

Rediculous - Regardless of the context, that the person typing the word is a total fucking idiot. (BenfromCanada)

Mental Freetardation - When one needs a moment away from this site and engages in other forms of entertainment.

(sic!) - To be used after any occurence of these words or any similar phrase. (Hamby)

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada "Disgustipated

BenfromCanada

"Disgustipated" is a song by Tool. It is about religion, in fact. The lyrics, which have "BAAA" sounds coming from the crowd at certain parts[/quote wrote:

I know, I used it in a different thread and JCE thought it should be in the list. 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH

BGH wrote:
BenfromCanada

"Disgustipated" is a song by Tool. It is about religion, in fact. The lyrics, which have "BAAA" sounds coming from the crowd at certain parts[/quote wrote:

I know, I used it in a different thread and JCE thought it should be in the list.

I like it.  Made me giggle.  You might want to change the description for trollisitic...I was not part of the Bodhitharta debacle so my description is probably not as accurate as it could be.

Mjolnin
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hey JCE My favorite is

Hey JCE

My favorite is Scienthiest.

a thiest that can actually comprehend the sciences. I was discusing tagging on the site with BGH and thought it might open up the catagories abit

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's a great list!  We

That's a great list!  We definitely need a definition for the theists who come on this site, post willy nilly while completely ignoring all other reasonable posts from the atheists on the thread and then become totally offended when everyone goes apeshit on them.  Or how about the people that capitalize random words you know, Theist with a capital T, right?  I swear that Susan had a good term for this but I can't find the thread. 

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll throw in too.  How

I'll throw in too.  How about...

AiGgravate - to continue using Answers in Genesis to explain anything even after the arguments are shown to be false at worse, incredulous at best

Spontaneous Explanation – the mental process by which any evidence even potentially damaging to the current forms of the theories of Evolution, Naturalistic Abiogenesis, or Naturalistic Cosmology is spontaneously converted into proof of Theistic Creationism with no interceding steps. 

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
We need to make entries for

We need to make entries for the two best words/phrases I've
 learned from this site: twatwaffle and Jebus Fritos

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Twatwaffle - 1) Someone who

Twatwaffle - 1) Someone who is so full of themselves that they don't even realize what a totally useless douchebag they really are. 2) A person who's head is up their ass 3) Someone who, in their self-righteous rants, can't be bothered to use spell check/ caps lock key. 

These are my three definitions, but my definitions vary depending on the situation. Smiling

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, pariahjane.  Maybe

Hey, pariahjane.  Maybe this would be the place to post all those other words you said might be too incendiary in the other thread.

Since you came up with twatwaffle, I'm just dying to hear some of the rest you've invented.

However, I'm not sure anyone can top "twatwaffle" because it just, well, says it all!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
My

My entry:

Arsestickectomy-An operation in which the stick is removed from one's arse. Necessary for those who say that that all offensive t-shirts should be banned.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
New one: Assaholic - When a

New one:

Assaholic - When a poster is so inclined to being an asshole that it becomes a sort of addiction(i.e. anbesol). 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: New

BGH wrote:

New one:

Assaholic - When a poster is so inclined to being an asshole that it becomes a sort of addiction(i.e. anbesol).

BGH - I love it!!!  Its perfect.  

Susan -  Ok, here's one... nope, can't do it, sorry!  lol.  I'm really afraid I might insult someone.  I got mad at a girl once and called her something that actually offended my friends as well as the girl who I was referring to.  

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
As a twatwaffling assaholic

As a twatwaffling assaholic I approve of this list.

Hmm...

Logicirculous - A term used to describe any statement that is posited as true based upon a dependent condition. i.e. God exists because Creation happened. As Creation happened God must exist.

Buggerfucktwat - A person of seemingly impossible stupidity. i.e. That XXX is a total buggefucktwat.

Bridgedweller - A troll, someone whose sole purpose is to annoy others.

Praisematic - The act of stating that you love God or Jesus despite such a statement beign irrelevant to the conversation. i.e "Don't be so praisematic, Dude."

Totalirabid - Single minded in one's hatred of something to the degree that it becomes a monomaniacal obsession.

Smearfear - The feeling one gets when completing a number two and finding out there is no toilet paper left.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
I didn't look through the

I didn't look through the full list, but my a word that I have been using for awhile now is:

Sexcellent

I'd like to think that it's meaning is obvious.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: I didn't

Tarpan wrote:

I didn't look through the full list, but my a word that I have been using for awhile now is:

Sexcellent

I'd like to think that it's meaning is obvious.

These are great!!  I am going to update the original post this weekend!!

Pariahjane - if it is the word we discussed...wellllllll...it is almost too funny not to share!!  BGH - you know the word I am talking about - what do you think?

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think it is too bad,

I don't think it is too bad, we can take it.