Who wants to rip this apart first?

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who wants to rip this apart first?

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=04722d80de606ea8507d

This is one of the dumbest videos I have ever seen. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gah, I can't make it past

Gah, I can't make it past their introduction before I feel ill from their crap and the idea that people buy into that. They generalized evolution, abiogenisis, and origin cosmology into one single umbrella and stated it as if people that suppor evolution believe that the big bang just tossed out everything as it is now.

I'll have to muster up the will to get to the rest of it. I just got to where they stated that scientists use "speculative language" and I'm trying to wrap my head around how using speculation to aid in forming explanations of the world is a bad thing.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comforts brain, spine

Ray Comforts brain, spine and moral fiber are good examples of vestigial organs.

Does it really make sense to ask people on the street about a scientific theory they haven't actually even studied? Most of those people clearly had no idea what evolution was or what the theory of evolution holds and what it doesn't. They should read Rick Dawkins book The Blind Watchmaker.

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz

James Cizuz wrote:

Honestly he is hands down the best apologist in the world. His use of logic is SO sound. These guys are such a good representation of the best that Christians have to offer. Camron and Comfort should get an Honoray Ph.D. 

ttdm.blogspot.com

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't know they gave out

I didn't know they gave out a Ph.d for being retarded.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: I didn't

James Cizuz wrote:
I didn't know they gave out a Ph.d for being retarded.

Hey why are you making fun of retarted people.  Putting them on the same level as these guys shame on you.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote: Honestly

cslewisster wrote:
Honestly he is hands down the best apologist in the world. His use of logic is SO sound. These guys are such a good representation of the best that Christians have to offer. Camron and Comfort should get an Honoray Ph.D.

There is certainly something wrong with "faith" if you have to keep apologizing for it.

On a side note, I hope you comments were sarcasm, because they were a joke to the rest of us. 

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Umm, so Comfort and Cameron

Umm, so Comfort and Cameron "DISPROVE EVOLUTION" by verbally abusing a bunch of high school biology students on field trips?

I'm shaking.

What a couple of fucking morons.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
"Watch the

"Watch the evolutionist use the language of speculation"

Well..There we have it. How dare these guys speculate? Really..Why question things. Its just madness I tell you. This video convinced me! Im going to church this weekend.......

Really these guys need to stick to making banana videos. At least that one was entertaining.  

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy wrote: Umm, so

Family_Guy wrote:

Umm, so Comfort and Cameron "DISPROVE EVOLUTION" by verbally abusing a bunch of high school biology students on field trips?

That's pretty much what Brian Flemming did isn't it Sticking out tongue (I joke, I joke)

ttdm.blogspot.com

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: There is

BGH wrote:
There is certainly something wrong with "faith" if you have to keep apologizing for it.

On a side note, I hope you comments were sarcasm, because they were a joke to the rest of us.

Oh come on, I'm arguing on another thread that the Earth is Billions of years old, I've dispelled your misplaced ideas about what Matthew 18:20 means and you still have to ask if I condone these morons? 

ttdm.blogspot.com

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote: BGH

cslewisster wrote:
BGH wrote:

Oh come on, I'm arguing on another thread that the Earth is Billions of years old, I've dispelled your misplaced ideas about what Matthew 18:20 means and you still have to ask if I condone these morons?

I thought it was sarcasm, just wanted to make sure. You never know about you crazy theists though. LOL.

On a side note: You haven't dispelled anything, you gave your interpretation, that's it. The bible is mythology and you can interpret it any way you like. 

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: On a side note:

BGH wrote:

On a side note: You haven't dispelled anything, you gave your interpretation, that's it. The bible is mythology and you can interpret it any way you like.

....and you totally dodged the point., which was; I am the greatest theist in the world!!!!!!!

But seriously you should post that on the other thread so I can reply to it. I'd rather not derail this thread.  

ttdm.blogspot.com

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote: ....and

cslewisster wrote:

....and you totally dodged the point., which was; I am the greatest theist in the world!!!!!!!

Is there such a thing? 

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
My fiancee and I watched

My fiancee and I watched this the other day and I took notes on how idiotic it was.

I'll type it up later. Smiling 

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was dumb.  Sure, we

That was dumb.  Sure, we don't know, but you don't know either.  Prove your magic man created the universe.  Try it.  Didn't think so.

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

unRogers
unRogers's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to see the

I'd like to see the outtakes; you know, of where he talks to people that nail him. Stuff like this always irritates me because they try to present it as pseudo-journalism and all they do is edit out the responses they don't like.

WWTFSMDFAKB?

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz

James Cizuz wrote:

Honestly, it's so stupid it would be like telling someone to use calculus to explain why 2+2=4, which I have seen done and it takes about a bagillion pages and equations...also saw a guy prove that 2+2=5..... 

No Gods, Know Peace.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is even

This is even funnier!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I believe this 6 minutes

I believe this 6 minutes pile of crap falls under the category of "Yellow Journalism."  So many things wrong with this:

1) He peppers what appears to be high school kids with questions that nobody but scientists would have the answers to off the top of their heads

2) He falsely claims that 'evolutionists' believe that there was no matter before the big bang.

3) Asks the kids how evolution began, then points out their answers of "I don't know" as some kind of victory.

4) Ray Discomfort puts words in the kids' mouths -- "People lived in the ocean?" "People came from fish?"  "People came from horses?"

He focuses on two major points at the end; 1) If the first life forms lived in the sea, how did they develop lungs to live on land? and 2) Was the first lifeform male or female/how did genders develop? Can I assume the answers to these 2 questions are in the science forums here?  I might have to make my own video, these two meatheads really pissed me off.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."