Yo everyone

wackadoo
User is offlineOffline
Yo everyone

I have always debated religion with friends and co workers and always got pissed on how they just kept coming with the same insane and illogical arguments over and over.

So I decided to logically organize my thoughts in a blog (www.dailywackadoo.com). It's more of a personal blog where I can organize my thoughts and collect news/stories from crazy theist people.

It is just so damn hard to logically argue with Fish People that I thought that organizing my ideas using premises and conclusions would be a better idea and a better way to make them stay on track (have you ever noticed how they always deviate from the point being debated?).

Anyways, I've never really followed blogs of forums before, but started doing it for my own blog.

Found this site last night, and already found some really good stuff here.

It is easy to argue with them. It is hard to engage in a logical debate with them though, and that is my goal. So I hope I can learn more on this forum, not just about Theists and Atheists, but also about debating strategies and how to argue with them.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!   wackadoo

Welcome!

wackadoo wrote:

I have always debated religion with friends and co workers and always got pissed on how they just kept coming with the same insane and illogical arguments over and over.

There are some threads about this and yes, it is frustrating.

wackadoo wrote:
So I decided to logically organize my thoughts in a blog (www.dailywackadoo.com). It's more of a personal blog where I can organize my thoughts and collect news/stories from crazy theist people.

Good idea!

wackadoo wrote:
It is just so damn hard to logically argue with Fish People that I thought that organizing my ideas using premises and conclusions would be a better idea and a better way to make them stay on track (have you ever noticed how they always deviate from the point being debated?).

Anyways, I've never really followed blogs of forums before, but started doing it for my own blog.

Found this site last night, and already found some really good stuff here.

It is easy to argue with them. It is hard to engage in a logical debate with them though, and that is my goal. So I hope I can learn more on this forum, not just about Theists and Atheists, but also about debating strategies and how to argue with them.

You will! Until coming to this site and getting a crash course in debating from a friend I could not even discuss religion with other people. I knew religion was nonsense but lacked the ability to counter their statements. That is not the case anymore! Have fun!!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome whackdoo! JCE is

Welcome whackdoo!

JCE is right you will learn a lot!

By the way jce,

jce wrote:
You will! Until coming to this site and getting a crash course in debating from a friend I could not even discuss religion with other people. I knew religion was nonsense but lacked the ability to counter their statements. That is not the case anymore! Have fun!!

where can I get this "crash course"? 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: where can I get

BGH wrote:
where can I get this "crash course"?

You taught it!  Stop being a pain in the ass and give wackadoo some of the links and advice you gave me! 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am not sure if you need

I am not sure if you need these or not but here are a few links for anyone who does regarding logical fallacies. Some it may be redundant.

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

Link #4 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh yeah, one more at

Oh yeah, one more at infidels.org. More religion argumentation specific.

Link #5 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard, wackadoo.

Welcome aboard, wackadoo. Smile

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome wackadoo. "Fish

Welcome wackadoo.

"Fish People"  I love it!

You'll fit right in here and we look forward to having you contribute to the forums. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.