Chuck Norris Wants Bible Education in Public Schools

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Norris Wants Bible Education in Public Schools

Americas favorite kick-ass wants the bible to be used as an historical document in schools. Yeah, right....No politics thereYell

--------------------------------------------------------

Martial arts maven Chuck Norris, legend has it, can defeat packs of savage wild animals, hordes of vicious, armed goons, and even onrushing Mack trucks with nothing more than his hands and feet. Now, Norris wants to kick secularism's ass - he wants the Bible back in public schools. But roundhouse kicks or even the "claw of death" are not especially useful for slipping a sectarian Bible course curriculum touting fake history into public schools. Stealthy, social tactics are needed. Will Chuck Norris become a Liar For Jesus ? We don't yet know but Norris has touted the work of the National Council On Bible Curriculum In Public Schools as it sneaks, in a slick wrapper of dubious and flat-out fraudulent takes on American history, its Christian nationalist Bible course curriculum into public schools, cities, and towns across America. Meet the The National Council On Bible Curriculum In Public Schools (NCBCPS), a stealth effort associated with the far right Council On National Policy and led by a woman who has said God has commanded her to bring the Bible back into public education.

Watch the video too!

more here...

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I think he's taken too many

I think he's taken too many kicks to the head!

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, how the mighty have

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Blackthorn
Blackthorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never liked him anyway;

I never liked him anyway; didn't understand what all the fuss was about...

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just lost a lot of respect

I just lost a lot of respect for a man which I had no respect for in the first place.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Norris is not my hero

Chuck Norris is not my hero any more.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I submitted this to Fark and

I submitted this to Fark and it got put on the main page.

I know no one cares, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
We thought he was

We thought he was invincible... we thought wrong!

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
I think I just threw up a

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait, you guys didn't know

Wait, you guys didn't know Chuck Norris was a conservative evangelical Christian? 

My heart was broken a couple months ago when I read this (on the notoriously bat-shit crazy webmag WorldNetDaily of all places):

Quote:
On Chuck Norris 'mania' sweeping the Net

Have you heard of the "Chuck Norris Facts"?

There are more than 50,000 jokes making their way around the Internet that purport to be "facts" all playing off my movie roles as a "tough guy" and my history as a martial arts champion. But they aren't "jokes" to those who spread them – they're "facts."

Here are a few of my favorites:

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris."

"Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants."

"Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris."

These "facts" have become a phenomenon – a fad spread mainly by young people of high school and college age. It's hard to explain why these things happen – how they take on a life of their own.

Naturally, over the past couple years as this wildfire has been raging, people have asked me, "What do you think of all this?"

My answer is always the same: Some are funny. Some are pretty far out. And, thankfully, most are just promoting harmless fun. (But be careful if you go searching for "Chuck Norris Facts" on the Internet, because some are just not appropriate for kids.)

Being more a student of the Wild West than the wild world of the Internet, I'm not quite sure what to make of the craze of "Chuck Norris Facts." It's quite surprising. I do know that boys will be boys, and I neither take offense nor take these things too seriously. I'm so grateful for my fans. Who knows, maybe these one liners will prompt some one to seek out the real facts about me and the beliefs that have shaped my life and my career.

While I have as much fun as anyone else reading and quoting them, let's face it, most "Chuck Norris Facts" describe someone with supernatural, superhuman powers. They're describing a superman character. And in the history of this planet, there has only been one real Superman. It's not me.

Let me illustrate using a few of the claims being made about me in the various lists of "Chuck Norris Facts":

Alleged Chuck Norris Fact: "Faster than a speeding bullet ... more powerful than a locomotive ... able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... yes, these are some of Chuck Norris' warm-up exercises."

I've got a bulletin for you, folks. I am no superman. I realize that now, but I didn't always. As six-time world karate champion and then a movie star, I put too much trust in who I was, what I could do and what I acquired. I forgot how much I needed others and especially God. Whether we are famous or not, we all need God. We also need other people.

If your whole life is spent trying to make money and you neglect the people important in your life, you will create an emptiness deep in your heart and soul. I know. I fell into that trap. I dedicated my whole life to fame and fortune. I had a huge hole in my heart and was miserable until I met my wife, Gena, who brought me back to the Lord.

Alleged Chuck Norris Fact: "There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live." It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.

By the way, without him, I don't have any power. But with Him, the Bible tells me, I really can do all things – and so can you.

Alleged Chuck Norris Fact: "Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries. Ever."

There was a man whose tears could cure cancer or any other disease, including the real cause of all diseases – sin. His blood did. His name was Jesus, not Chuck Norris.

If your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not Chuck Norris' tears, it's Jesus' blood.

Again, I'm flattered and amazed by the way I've become a fascinating public figure for a whole new generation of young people around the world. But I am not the characters I play. And even the toughest characters I have played could never measure up to the real power in this universe.

Now, I'm just left with Jean-Claude Van Damm & Steven Seagal ...

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Why do so many washed up

Why do so many washed up actors and actresses become fundies? - Chuck Norris, Kirk Cameron, Lisa Welchel(sp? - the cute one on the Facts of life)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

daveyboy
daveyboy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck is a pathetic coward.

Chuck is a pathetic coward. If he wants to run away from reality and play make-believe for the rest of his life, that's fine- but why the fuck does he (and other theists) have to prey on children? It's sickening.

And Matt, you can add Justine Bateman to your list. Apparently, Jesus cured her eating disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justine_Bateman

"You are 'atheist' simply you are PSYCHO or IGNORANCE. That's why even youself feel like not EXIST on this world."
~Yahoo message board poster

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Why do

MattShizzle wrote:
Why do so many washed up actors and actresses become fundies? - Chuck Norris, Kirk Cameron, Lisa Welchel(sp? - the cute one on the Facts of life)

Even Corbin Bernsen !!!  You know, Roger Dorn from Major League:

WTF?

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy crap, call him to be a

Holy crap, call him to be a guest in your radio show, he needs to be enlightened!Smiling

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
When my brother and I were

When my brother and I were young we really got in to martial arts movies at one stage.  We watched Chuck Norris as often as we could (including walker texas ranger) purely because he was so pathetic it made us laugh our heads off.

Never had any respect for the man, never will.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Dylan
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Alleged Chuck Norris

Alleged Chuck Norris Fact:

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in God. God believes in Chuck Norris.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was going to post that

I was going to post that article myself, Conn... I put it on my blog a few months ago.  Answers in Genesis posted it proudly.

I just found it hysterical that Ken Ham, who is supposedly a scientist, used Chuck Norris as a source to refute evolution.  I never knew old Chuck was a biologist!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Besides bibles in public

Besides bibles in public schools, Chuck's other mission is "The war on christmas"

Check out his blog about the ACLU

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: I just

James Cizuz wrote:
I just lost a lot of respect for a man which I had no respect for in the first place.

Laughing What little I had is gone.

Check out these "Walker Texas Ranger clips" from Conan "OBrian

clips

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dylan wrote: Alleged Chuck

Dylan wrote:

Alleged Chuck Norris Fact:

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in God. God believes in Chuck Norris.

Tee hee.  Thanks for the great Monday night chuckle, Dylan! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Why do

MattShizzle wrote:

Addiction to fame. Need to be wanted. That kind of egoless crap. These people have no confidence in their abilities. Which tends to be a well founded position ironically enough....

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Leuthesius
agnostic deistTheist
User is offlineOffline
  Quote: WorldNetDaily The

Quote:
WorldNetDaily

The first problem is that its not equally protecting the rights of Christians, when they are in the minority. If the ACLU wants to fight for the underdogs, then why not battle for the Christian voice that is being progressively suppressed every Christmas?

Ok... seriously, I just spewed milk out my nose. 

- Mr. Atheist says, "Find faith in truth, not truth in faith"
- Leuthesius the Theist says, "I agree."
- Leuthesius the Theist also says, "A blind follower of a religion might as well be a blind follower of nothing."