Strange MySpace experience

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Strange MySpace experience

This is kind of strange. I have this guy subscribed to my boring little blog. I have no idea who he is, and he won't answer my messages. Is this a common thing or what? I'm new to MySpace so I don't know.

It's sort of creepy.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's really a bit odd. 

That's really a bit odd. 

One thing you might do, though, is double check that your messages were actually sent.  Go to your "sent" mailbox to make sure your messages are there.  If the status is "sent" that means they haven't been opened by the addressee.  If the status is "read" that means the addressee opened it. 

There was a situation with a theater with which I volunteer where over 200 individual messages were sent announcing the next play.  A couple of days later, not one of them had been opened.  We checked with some of the folks and not one of them got the message.  (Numerous attempts were made to get MySpace to help, but they wouldn't even answer the messages that got through.)

I have also had the experience of sending a message and it never showed up in my "sent" folder. 

If this person is, in fact, reading your messages and not responding, that's creepy.  If you're uncomfortable, you can always go to his profile and block him.  If he's on your friends list you can delete him.

You can also go to your profile and elect to allow only people on your friends list to subscribe and post to your blogs.

Hope that helps. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
He finally replied. He said

He finally replied. He said he was looking for family in WV and subscribed to my blog to see what was going on in WV. I don't mention anything about WV in my blog. My blog is extremely boring. I talk about stupid things I find on the Internet, I post some of the music I'm working on, and on occasion, some comments on religion. That's it.

I'm not a paranoid person, so I don't know why this bothers me so much.

I just have to let it go............

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
In this day and age, we all

In this day and age, we all have to be at least a little careful of strangers on the web.

I'm glad you finally got a response, though, even if the fellow doesn't have a clue about the search function and West Virginia. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.