Are there psychiatrists in heaven?

PaulaD
User is offlineOffline
Are there psychiatrists in heaven?

Hi I'm Paula.  I've been an atheist since I was about 18 (22 years now).   I was taking Western Civ. 1 in my freshman year of college.  We began learning the textbook true historical accounts of the peoples of the "biblical" regions ie. Persians, Jews  etc. and all their barbaric atrocities.  It piqued my curiousity because I never knew the ancient Judeo Christians were a part of that. I went to the library and happily discovered Madalyn Murray O'Hair.  Her books are truly Atheism 101.  She completely and thoroughly disproves the bibles chapter by chapter.  

I have spent countless hours debating my beliefs over the years but I burned out and now I just do alot of reading, pondering and hoping that I will live long enough to see the end of this idiocy.  

One thing I been wondering lately is if there are psychiatrists in heaven.  Suppose you are tortured and brutally murdered.  You're certainly going to have severe mental problems in heaven.  That is unless your memory is erased once you get there.  If that's the case, you'll spend all of eternity with amnesia.  That sounds kind of depressing to me.  

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: One thing I been

Quote:
One thing I been wondering lately is if there are psychiatrists in heaven.

It's very possible. It's well known that there's a high chance that psychiatrists working with extreme cases may end up developing their own psychosis.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
It would help if there were

It would help if there were a "heaven". LOL.

Otherwise like most people who believe, the psychiatrists will be all dressed up with no place to go. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
This brings up a really

This brings up a really interesting line of thought.

Next time you meet someone who has a real passion for kids with autism, ask them who in their family has an autistic child.  The odds are very high that someone very close does.  Same with breast cancer,  Multiple Sclerosis, Lou Gherigs Disease, Battered Women's Syndrome, PTSD, etcetera ad nauseum.

The point is that most people have prior direct knowledge of the field they get into when it has something to do with helping other people.

So, what does that say about psychologists/psychiatrists?

Several of my friends are psychologists, and to a one, they all say that only people who need a psychologist would ever become one.  Of course, it's said in jest, but I suspect that there's significant truth to it.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism