pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watch out for satanic bar codes!!!

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't see what's

I don't see what's "satanic" about the bar codes.

Crazy theists... 

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
There was an article in a

There was an article in a local paper here.

Several evangelical christian groups say the Real ID Act, represents the "MARK OF THE BEASTIE" One of the whiners, is president of the "ENDTIME MINISTIES" in Dallas. Oh noooooooo........lookout people, the anti Jezeus is on the way.Surprised

Plauges are on the way tooCry

"Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children." (Jesus triad)

"So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey" (The Donkey) Numbers Chapter 22:30

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I remember right, they

If I remember right, they think barcodes are the mark because the UPC markers which look something like this:

|| [barcodes] || [barcodes] ||

The double lines in between each part look like the code for 6, which would make 666. However, each of those are spaced wrong to actually be 6 - there isn't enough space around the double line. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATOMIC SKUNK wrote:

ATOMIC SKUNK wrote:

There was an article in a local paper here.

Several evangelical christian groups say the Real ID Act, represents the "MARK OF THE BEASTIE" One of the whiners, is president of the "ENDTIME MINISTIES" in Dallas. Oh noooooooo........lookout people, the anti Jezeus is on the way.Surprised

Plauges are on the way tooCry

[Edit] Link was too long, posted article. 

Here is the article referenced by Atomic Skunk:

Here is the story.

JEFFERSON CITY — A dire, apocalyptic prophecy in the Bible's Book of Revelation is getting a new audience: state legislators.

Several evangelical Christian groups say the federal Real ID Act, which will standardize state drivers licenses and link them to corresponding national ID numbers by 2009, represents the "mark of the beast," the devilish number 666 that is attached to the godless.

The nearly 2,000-year-old passage is referenced along with the prophetic locusts, plagues, oceans of blood and rivers of fire found in the Bible.
Soon after, according to scripture, the antichrist takes control of the world and Jesus Christ returns.

In short, new national ID numbers could spell the beginning of the end, some Christians believe.

"This is getting treacherously close to prophecy in the scripture," said Irvin Baxter Jr., founder and president of Endtime Ministries in Dallas.

And some Missouri legislators are listening.

Some Christians interpret verses from the book of Revelation that say humans will be "marked … so that no one can buy or sell who does not have that mark" as a prophecy of a global numerical control system to be used by the beast, or antichrist. The number would be used during the Great Tribulation, which some Christians believe will precede the second coming of Jesus.

Most religious scholars agree that this beast in Revelation is a metaphor for the Roman emperor Nero who persecuted Christians and Jews in horrific ways that were likely to be remembered only a couple of generations later when Revelation was written.

But some evangelical Christians take the "mark" of Revelation more literally, and believe that a number-based identification system in the U.S. will eventually spread throughout the world, only to be used by a global dictator (the antichrist) who will control international trade with the numbers issued under the Real ID program.

Their concern, according to Craig Treadwell, Baxter's national radio talk show co-host, is that anyone marked in such a way during the Great Tribulation "will be lost for eternity," and won't be raised to heaven after the second coming.

State Rep. Jim Guest, a frequent participant on Baxter's radio show, is sponsoring a bill that would exempt the state from complying with the federal law.

The Missouri House overwhelmingly approved Guest's bill last Thursday, 146-4. It has moved to the Senate for consideration.

Guest, a Republican from King City in northeastern Missouri, said his main reservation with the program was its potential for "Big Brother-like"
abuses.

"We could be tracked by machines everywhere we go," said Guest, referring to provisions that require "machine-readable" technology in the ID cards.
"This could signal the death of individual freedoms and rights."

But Guest, who has recruited legislators from 35 other states to introduce legislation opting out of the Real ID Act, said he has received hundreds of phone calls, e-mails and letters from constituents who are more fearful about Biblical prophecies coming true if the program goes unchecked.

"Some people are genuinely worried about it," said Guest, who called himself a practicing Methodist. "These are people who believe that a national ID number symbolizes something religiously evil."

Baxter's Endtime Ministries has distributed thousands of copies of its monthly magazine and brochures to legislators in an attempt to "explain the prophecies of the Bible in light of current events."

The federal program was enacted after government officials learned that most of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorists had obtained fake drivers licenses.
The law sets state licensing rules, essentially making it harder to obtain a card fraudulently.

The Department of Homeland Security says the cards would help boost national security by requiring their use to board airplanes and enter federal buildings.

"This is a known vulnerability. It was recommended by a bipartisan 9/11 commission and mandated by Congress. Shame on us if we don't heed the lessons of Sept. 11," said department spokesman Russ Knocke.

But some states have balked at the law, which they say lacks adequate funding and clear language for compliance.

Legislators in Arkansas and Georgia have offered resolutions to strike it down, and Maine recently passed a nonbinding resolution refusing to go along with the federal program.

But regarding Real ID, Biblical scripture is getting misconstrued, said Frank A. Flinn, an adjunct professor of religious studies at Washington University.

The Book of Revelation is so full of symbolism that nearly anything can be read from it, Flinn said. At one time or another, Jewish bankers, President John F. Kennedy, communists, Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein have all been said to bear the "mark," Flinn said.

Still, sinners and nonsinners alike are lining up to take a swipe at the new federal driver's license program.

Amish, Mennonite and some Muslim groups are objecting to mandates that require their photo to be taken. And some domestic violence groups oppose the use of addresses on the cards, for fear that abusive spouses might compromise the system.

Tim Townsend of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

[email protected] | 573-635-6178

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, we have the face of the

So, we have the face of the Antichrist... it's UPC.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Laugh out loud. I can't even

Laugh out loud. I can't even see how that barcode makes 666 except that someone's written three sixes underneath presumably to explain. I could perhaps see 222 which added together would make a single 6. Someone enlighten me? I'm terrible with this sort of thing! Maths was never my strong point, nor was reading barcodes.

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think groups like " The

I think groups like " The EndTimes Ministries", have to create their own demons and signs, to give them a reason for being, so they can get their hands into the pockets of the flock.

"Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children." (Jesus triad)

"So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey" (The Donkey) Numbers Chapter 22:30

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Will you join the

Will you join the flock?

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I suppose if you can

Well, I suppose if you can believe that satan gave a chick an apple in some perfect garden and because of that stupid bitch we all supposedly have to suffer, I guess satanic barcodes really aren't a stretch after all.

I think my ferrets have more logic as well as critical thinking skills than those people... 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH.  Thanks for posting

BGH.  Thanks for posting the whole article.

I embarrassed to be from Missouri.

Welcome to my world and the middle of the bible belt. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: BGH.  Thanks

Susan wrote:

BGH.  Thanks for posting the whole article.

I embarrassed to be from Missouri.

Welcome to my world and the middle of the bible belt. 

Welcome to Jesusland

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
John and Shawn are

John and Shawn are concerned about your soul, and wonder why you don't accept their Jesus.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rigor_OMortis wrote: So,

Rigor_OMortis wrote:

Becuase my dad works at the USPO. I support this message.

and isn't it 616? 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Can you avoid posting

Can you avoid posting pictures that have nothing to do with the subject? Thanks.

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist wrote: Can

American Atheist wrote:
Can you avoid posting pictures that have nothing to do with the subject? Thanks.

Yes, I suppose I could. I guess people shouldn't discuss thoughts that someone else brings up, and dont change thought patterns off the main topic...gotcha.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Are you actually discussing

Are you actually discussing thoughts by posting a lot of pics? Anyway, I don't mind if you post pics as long as they're not off-topic, and they should be organized.

Thanks. 

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Are you actually discussing thoughts by posting a lot of pics? Anyway, I don't mind if you post pics as long as they're not off-topic, and they should be organized.

Thanks. 

Pictures can have the ability, to describe more than words can describe. Susan mentioned the biblebelt. 

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios

Ophios wrote:
Rigor_OMortis wrote:

Becuase my dad works at the USPO. I support this message.

and isn't it 616? 

665 as well.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
And 13? If you tried hard

And 13?

If you tried hard enough you could bring any selection of numbers down to one of these numbers!

"Oh Jesus! You just used the number 1,349,812 which is satanic because if you *insert complex mathematical equation here* you end up with 666!"

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea, this barcode thing is a

Yea, this barcode thing is a little ... ok A LOT ... rediculous.  The 6s aren't even next to each other.  By the same reason, they shouldn't buy anything that costs $6,236.96 because it has 3 6s in it somewhere.  I really wish that someone from the government would just come out and point out how rediculous these people are being.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I think my ferrets

Quote:
I think my ferrets have more logic as well as critical thinking skills than those people... 

You have ferrets? Send me one ! I'll give away a few quails as an exchange.

Quailer dude

Quote:
I really wish that someone from the government would just come out and point out how rediculous these people are being.

And the point would be ... ?

Remember Jim Jones? And remember the crackpots who think aliens will soon disembark on Earth and take them towards eternal bliss and complete knowledge ?

You can't force them into not being ridiculous.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/