Words Of Peace.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

http://www.wordsofpeace.org.au/

I caught some of this guys show...and it was fricking awesome, not one mention of doG, but all about the feel good responbse and how it makes us human...I think it rocked, but I was a theist not long agao...any of you guys heard about this dude...let me know if you think fraud or if its legit?

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

With all due respect, and with all fear that you might leave us...

If there is something more dangerous than this, in terms of religion and following someone/thing, then I'd like to know.

There have been many persons throughout history that, under a message of peace and fulfillment, have dictated war. It is not difficult to say, once a big mass of followers has been formed: "In order to have peace, in order for everyone to reach its full mental possibilities, we need to weed out the weak" (kind of the Roman proverb "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - "If you want peace, then get ready for war"Eye-wink. The followers, duped with essages of peace and such, become such obedient sheep in just a little time, that the "Maharaji" can do whatever he wants to them.

The "introductory letter" also features something about certain mind-related schemes... my advice: complete avoidance. I've experimented with many such things (dream control, hypnosis, structured suggestion, verbal programming, etc.) to know that it's just a little while until one can become a vegetable.

Learn to read through lines, and learn to be suspicious whenever anyone looks for followers in a message of peace... By this time anyone on Earth should know that nothing can be obtained with just peace... Struggle is needed.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

Rigor_OMortis wrote:

If there is something more dangerous than this, in terms of religion and following someone/thing, then I'd like to know.

There have been many persons throughout history that, under a message of peace and fulfillment, have dictated war. It is not difficult to say, once a big mass of followers has been formed: "In order to have peace, in order for everyone to reach its full mental possibilities, we need to weed out the weak" (kind of the Roman proverb "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - "If you want peace, then get ready for war"Eye-wink. The followers, duped with essages of peace and such, become such obedient sheep in just a little time, that the "Maharaji" can do whatever he wants to them.

The "introductory letter" also features something about certain mind-related schemes... my advice: complete avoidance. I've experimented with many such things (dream control, hypnosis, structured suggestion, verbal programming, etc.) to know that it's just a little while until one can become a vegetable.

Learn to read through lines, and learn to be suspicious whenever anyone looks for followers in a message of peace... By this time anyone on Earth should know that nothing can be obtained with just peace... Struggle is needed.

good post and I agree to a degree.

I am not a follower now, nor will I be one in the future, that part of me is gone.

However we all ultimately rely on the writings or follow someone else, and his message is about inner peace...I just like what he says and intend to apply the little of it that I require to my life.

I have no doubt that I will not become a Zombie.

I have a philosophy in Life that is basically the same as the Philosophy of Jeet Kung Do!

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

CynageN
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

Rigor_OMortis wrote:

This works only to a point. Buddhists are the one exception, however. The more I dip into buddhism, the more I'm impressed with the secular overtones. Just observe and criticize before you jump in.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Re: Words Of Peace.

SAVAGE wrote:

It's great to have you aboard the board man. Sticking out tongue Thanks again for coming on the show and explaining your deconversion and what led up to it.

shedevil
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:
http://www.wordsofpeace.org.au/

I caught some of this guys show...and it was fricking awesome, not one mention of doG, but all about the feel good responbse and how it makes us human...I think it rocked, but I was a theist not long agao...any of you guys heard about this dude...let me know if you think fraud or if its legit?

Welcome! I de-converted about 6-9 months ago myself. The only I think I really miss are the social aspects.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:

It's great to have you aboard the board man. Sticking out tongue Thanks again for coming on the show and explaining your deconversion and what led up to it.

Thats cool...it was a good experience considering I dont really have anyone to share it with...I mean I have told people but I dont go into to much detail.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

Hey savage.

Cool to see you, I think.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

Abandoned_Mind wrote:
Hey savage.

Cool to see you, I think.

Abandoned mind...from the atheist network?

Well its cool to see you to buddy.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

The only Abandoned Mind, yes from AN.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words Of Peace.

CynageN wrote:
Buddhists are the one exception, however. The more I dip into buddhism, the more I'm impressed with the secular overtones. Just observe and criticize before you jump in.

I always crack up when I see clueless lost souls looking for anything religion to fill their void call Buddha "their god". Apparently they didn't read any Buddhism before, during, after any "conversions".

Buddha means "Awakened One", not "That Other God".

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Buddhism

I too used to think that Buddhism was pretty cool "Religion/Philosophy" but after reading "Michael Parenti" investigation of this Dali Lama ,he really exposed the true nature of  Buddhism in his article; "Friendly Feudalism:The Tibet Myth", and  then  theres  this  German couple(I can't recall thier names) but they're haveing a very hard time getting thier book published in the USA,but if I recall correctly it's title is-"The Dark-Side of the Dali Lama; magical thinking and sexual practices.And then I heard a "Blind mountain climber" this young woman described in such detail how "Buddhism" has destroyed the common sense of the people of Tibet, where if your born Blind your shunned ,and must go begging in the streets,due too thier supertitious thinking,they think that your born blind because in your past life your were bad or evil,or just a SOB. So before you dip too deep into Buddhism read Michael Parenti.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Bad, stupid, weird, people

Bad, stupid, weird, people calling themselves Buddhists ? Yeah, you bet, and what  another example of simple basic wisdom turned into religion crap by idiots.  Alot of even the oldest folklore of that wisdom is silly and worse. 

I recommend putting the "Occam's Razor" to it, and all such things as even the dirt simple Jesus philosophy. Xains make a joke of Jesus simple ideas.

I found an appreciation for eastern ideas thru simple Allan Watts. I never bothered with the "Political figure head", "Dali Lama", nor  the super crazy "Pope" regarding Jesus ideas. ETC

IMO, here's all one much "needs" regarding the simple ancient Buddha:

Allan Watts in youtube   , and

"Wisdom of the Buddha" - 8 mins 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsb-woP3jI

Get real ! 

Then came prophet scientist, Carl Sagan etc etc .....

"Pale Blue Dot"  - 3 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Alan Watts

O Yeah ! Alan Watts was a really good  Philosopher of Eastern philosophies. The Essential Alan Watts is a really good read,it was revised by his son Mark,check it out !

Signature ? How ?