God and the weather

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
God and the weather

God sure has a funny way of showing gratitude. As most of you know, the Southern and Midwestern United States are probably the most religiously devout areas outside the middle east. Yet they get the majority of the hurricanes and tornadoes. How often do you see them hit the Northeastern US, or Canada or Europe? This would suggest either:

1. God doesn't care

2. They are worshipping the wrong god and seriously pissing him/her/it off

or, most likely

3. There is no God!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: 2. They are

Quote:
2. They are worshipping the wrong god and seriously pissing him/her/it off

Answers like that only cement the fact that god is stupid.

He doesn't want people to do certain things, so instead of telling them, he make a disaster that can be easily explained natually, thus makeing him seem nonexistant. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
lol. i love this. i always

lol. i love this. i always hear "our trailer got destroyed but we know god will help us through this time"

who the fuck do you think sent the tornado in the first place?

i was actually talking to a pastor the other night about why god does these things but he "loves" us. he said that if there was no pain and suffering in this world, we wouldn't know what love is at all. it wouldn't mean anything to us because we're so used to it.

so he gets us to love him by destroying us?

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Rev0lver wrote: i was

Rev0lver wrote:
i was actually talking to a pastor the other night about why god does these things but he "loves" us. he said that if there was no pain and suffering in this world, we wouldn't know what love is at all. it wouldn't mean anything to us because we're so used to it.

That's fucking stupid. That's like saying it's a great thing to repeatedly hit my head with a hammer, because it feels so much better when I stop.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
This always leads back to

This always leads back to God the Abusive Husband, but oddly enough, very few people want to talk about the subject.

I'm suffering from severe sinus problems today, and have no real voice... maybe I'll do some research on this and do a side-by-side comparison.  Could be fun.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I'm

Hambydammit wrote:
I'm suffering from severe sinus problems today, and have no real voice.

Hamby, sounds like you are also the proud recipient of some of that wrath. Smiling

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.