Something I noticed about sports scores in the morning.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Something I noticed about sports scores in the morning.

I just noticed something stupid on a local channel. The ticker at the bottem was displaying scores from a variety of sports. Mind you it is 7am. No pro sports on this contenent are played at 7am.

So why are they using the (F) graphic meaning "final". I can understand that for 11pm news because of injury delays or penalty delays or weather delays which can cause a game to run late. BUT wouldnt it be obvious if you are seeing an NHL score at 7am that it would be a "final". I dont think the veiwers if they didnt see that would go, "Hey the game is still on" at 7am.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thats a good point.  Of

Thats a good point.  Of course now that we are all used to seeing the (F) if they took it away I would probably think to myself: "Wtf?  Why is the game still going on at 7am??"

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan