Donnie Darko

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
Donnie Darko

What the hell?!  I watched that movie like a month ago and I STILL can't get it out of my head!  All the time travel stuff is driving me insane.  I thought I had finally understood it, until I read that in the director's commentary, it is said that Donnie ripped the engine off the plane with his mind.

WHAT?!!!!

I thought that the whole temporal universe was a product of the engine being sent back in time, not because of Donnie's actions in the...

*whimper*

If anyone has seen the movie and actually understands it, please save me.  I feel if my soul has been raped.  And if you haven't seen it, go and do so now.  It's a great movie. 

I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

Aerik
BloggerRational VIP!Superfan
User is offlineOffline
blah

The greatest misconception about Donnie Darko is that it has an underlying theme and point to get across. It doesn't. Let it go.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You know what movie did that

You know what movie did that to me?  Jacob's Ladder.  Made me go crazy and Mulholland Drive did as well.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
From what I heard, there was

From what I heard, there was a lot that made it clearer on the Donnie Darko website. But that site has gone defuct.

But yeah, let go of the need for their to be a meaning. A piece of music doesn't need a meaning to be good, why should a movie?

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw that movie a million

I saw that movie a million times and I still don't get it.  I went to the website and couldn't navigate that either (it asks you questions and for every question you get right, it lets you go a little deeper, but come on, I don't remember what street Donnie lived on!!!

Was a really interesting movie though.  I liked the rabbit...

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
that has to be one of my

that has to be one of my favorite movies of all time. it has a point to get across... but not about aspects of time travel. i dont see whats hard to understand about it.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
See, I wondered if the

See, I wondered if the whole thing wasn't a Jacob's Ladder kind of deal, where all of that shit happened in the instant before the engine killed him... like maybe there was some sort of temporal rift, and somehow he lived for several weeks in a parallel universe, or something...

it made my ears bleed. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism