Shock Rock metal band GWAR vs Nazi Pope

meshblorg
meshblorg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shock Rock metal band GWAR vs Nazi Pope

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2O5p9tP98Jw

Haha I love blasphemy.  I mean the church did support the nazis so they never deserve any protection from scrutiny and concert acts like this.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
I almost went and saw them

I almost went and saw them the only reason i didnt is i went to get the tickets too late. I am planning on going to Ozzfest this summer...My friend told me its free this year, saifd you have to pay to get in to park where ever its at though. thinking maybe about sounds of the underground and warped tour. those are probly the best tours usually cross country...

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
GWAR - there's a blast from

GWAR - there's a blast from the past. I loved these guys in high school (and still find myself breaking out "Saddam A-Go'Go'" every now and again.

I got sprayed with marshmellow goo and hurt messed up my elbow pretty badly at one of their shows in '94 - but that's par for the course when it comes to fuckin' GWAR.

Saddam A Go Go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlS_MAVpCs

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's a good video, Yellow.

That's a good video, Yellow.

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
Of course, GWAR kicks ass.

Of course, GWAR kicks ass. Shock metal with trumpets? How do you beat that?

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
GWAR live with "Bring Back

GWAR live with "Bring Back the Bomb" - completel with George W. Bush beheading!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6jZ3cZZoI

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
Dammit, now I've dug out all

Dammit, now I've dug out all my old GWAR CD's and I'm downloading the stuff they've released since I sort of stopped listening to them.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

GWAR live with "Bring Back the Bomb" - completel with George W. Bush beheading!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtYTdRsNIA

Beheading?! I gotta see this...

*Clicks link* 

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
GWAR on the JOAN RIVER'S

GWAR on the JOAN RIVER'S show!

The most hillariously, profound, bizzare thing I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRKlNlRsgI

Joan: there's a lot of sexual innuendo in your shows....

Oderus: I don't think there's any innuedo involved - there's a 15 foot long penis on stage....

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lmao!

Lmao! 

Look at the way they're dressed. 

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
What do you mean "dressed"

What do you mean "dressed" - that's how the GWARites look. They are aliens, afterall. Banished here for unspeakable galactic crimes to prey upon us mere humans. We are their slaves, their fodder, their food. They give us the violence and mayhem our pathetic species craves, and in turn they enslave us. Then they consume us, in any number of ways.

What, you've never been to a show? 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Nah, those aliens were

Nah, those aliens were before my time. Tongue out

Just kidding. It's the first time I heard of them. 

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
GWAR sounds familiar, but I

GWAR sounds familiar, but I can't put a finger on where I heard it before.

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Then enjoy, "Bonesnapper" set to MGS3.

Sorry, I'm a GWAR and a Metal Gear fanboy, so here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuD_R8H1mE 

cannibal213
cannibal213's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gwar Rulez! I have been

Gwar Rulez! I have been going to Gwar swows since 94 and I still go when they are in town, it's tradition.

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
cannibal213 wrote: Gwar

cannibal213 wrote:
Gwar Rulez! I have been going to Gwar swows since 94 and I still go when they are in town, it's tradition.

You MUST GO. You're a Slave, like me. I yearn for the the day they finally decapitate and eat me.

Mean, time; here's "Sick of You" the song in the bacground of the Rivers inculcation. She's one of THEM now - how else do you explain "The View"?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icKKeHnclM8

Beefcake the Mighty demanded I post this. 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:
American Atheist wrote:

Then enjoy, "Bonesnapper" set to MGS3.

Sorry, I'm a GWAR and a Metal Gear fanboy, so here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuD_R8H1mE

Thanks for the link, Amarillo_Numero_Cinco, that was a cool video.

Cool

meshblorg
meshblorg's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow

That was a great song "sick of you"!

Read the history for the band from their website. IT'S HILARIOUS:

---

THE EPIC TALE OF GWAR

"Billions and billions of years ago, darkness was all that existed. Then The Master, ruler of the universe, created the planets and everything in them. But soon The Master became bored of this and created death, destruction and war. He enjoyed watching the peons die but soon even that became boring, he himself wanted to kill. So he began slaughtering the humanoids that littered the planets face, but that too lost its fun. He needed more of a challenge, so he created God-like creatures with whom he could do battle. But soon there were too many of these creatures, and he had to be rid of them. He conjured up all his power and created the most powerful he could, GWAR was formed. This elite fighting force was called The Scumdogs of the Universe. The Master used them to destroy all of his enemies. Millions of years and millions of battles later, GWAR became more powerful and craved even more power. Thinking that they could take over The Master's throne, GWAR attacked him and the greatest of all battles began. The carnage lasted a billion years before The Master created the ultimate weapon - the Death Pod. The pod swallowed GWAR up and delivered them to The Master.

"Ahhhh, foolish Scumdogs", The Master laughed. After thinking about what their punishment should be, he finally decided: GWAR shall be banished to a miserable mudball planet called Earth...

The Earth rumbled when the mighty Death Pod crashed into its surface. Shaken and confused, GWAR crawled out and looked around. Thinking they could have a nice little planet once its cleared off, they destroyed the dinosaurs. Afterwards they created Stonehenge so they could play croquet, and weren't having that bad of a time. The Master looked down upon this and frowned, what kind of punishment is this? So to stop the nonsense he imprisoned GWAR in an iceberg on the frozen continent of Antarctica.

Millions of years later: 1980ish. Glam rock was at its peak, groups like Poison and Whitesnake were dominating the airwaves. They inspired a whole slew of new "hair spray" bands. But little did they know, all of that hair spray put a hole in the ozone - right above Antarctica! Soon the unfiltered gamma rays melted the iceberg and GWAR was free.

Meanwhile, Sleazy P. Martini was fleeing the country on drug charges, flying over the former tomb of GWAR. He picked them up and brought them back to America. He taught them how to use instruments and they learned the language from watching midget wrestling and MTV. Soon GWAR was known as the greatest band in the Universe...

Unsatisfied with being worshipped by humans, GWAR still wishes to take revenge on The Master. They discovered a way. If GWAR could summon the World Maggot, they could ride it back to the center of the universe and finally defeat The Master. The World Maggot is a large maggot that lives in the center of the Earth, the only way to wake it is to slaughter millions of innocent people. So, taking advantage of their newfound fame, GWAR puts on shows to which their fans flock. They murder and mutilate these fans, show after show, until enough blood is spilled to wake the maggot."

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
meshblorg wrote: That was

meshblorg wrote:

That was a great song "sick of you"!

Read the history for the band from their website. IT'S HILARIOUS:

---

THE EPIC TALE OF GWAR

"Billions and billions of years ago, darkness was all that existed. Then The Master, ruler of the universe, created the planets and everything in them. But soon The Master became bored of this and created death, destruction and war. He enjoyed watching the peons die but soon even that became boring, he himself wanted to kill. So he began slaughtering the humanoids that littered the planets face, but that too lost its fun. He needed more of a challenge, so he created God-like creatures with whom he could do battle. But soon there were too many of these creatures, and he had to be rid of them. He conjured up all his power and created the most powerful he could, GWAR was formed. This elite fighting force was called The Scumdogs of the Universe. The Master used them to destroy all of his enemies. Millions of years and millions of battles later, GWAR became more powerful and craved even more power. Thinking that they could take over The Master's throne, GWAR attacked him and the greatest of all battles began. The carnage lasted a billion years before The Master created the ultimate weapon - the Death Pod. The pod swallowed GWAR up and delivered them to The Master.

"Ahhhh, foolish Scumdogs", The Master laughed. After thinking about what their punishment should be, he finally decided: GWAR shall be banished to a miserable mudball planet called Earth...

The Earth rumbled when the mighty Death Pod crashed into its surface. Shaken and confused, GWAR crawled out and looked around. Thinking they could have a nice little planet once its cleared off, they destroyed the dinosaurs. Afterwards they created Stonehenge so they could play croquet, and weren't having that bad of a time. The Master looked down upon this and frowned, what kind of punishment is this? So to stop the nonsense he imprisoned GWAR in an iceberg on the frozen continent of Antarctica.

Millions of years later: 1980ish. Glam rock was at its peak, groups like Poison and Whitesnake were dominating the airwaves. They inspired a whole slew of new "hair spray" bands. But little did they know, all of that hair spray put a hole in the ozone - right above Antarctica! Soon the unfiltered gamma rays melted the iceberg and GWAR was free.

Meanwhile, Sleazy P. Martini was fleeing the country on drug charges, flying over the former tomb of GWAR. He picked them up and brought them back to America. He taught them how to use instruments and they learned the language from watching midget wrestling and MTV. Soon GWAR was known as the greatest band in the Universe...

Unsatisfied with being worshipped by humans, GWAR still wishes to take revenge on The Master. They discovered a way. If GWAR could summon the World Maggot, they could ride it back to the center of the universe and finally defeat The Master. The World Maggot is a large maggot that lives in the center of the Earth, the only way to wake it is to slaughter millions of innocent people. So, taking advantage of their newfound fame, GWAR puts on shows to which their fans flock. They murder and mutilate these fans, show after show, until enough blood is spilled to wake the maggot."

This is Gospel to us maggots. I've been to about fifteen shows over the years, I'm still not tasty enough for consumption.