I was just on Mike Malloy

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
caseagainstfaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was just on Mike Malloy

I was listening to Mike Malloy.  He's an atheist liberal commentator, his show is on Sirius Left, and a few terrestrial radio stations.  Anyway, he was talking about James Cameron's alleged discovery of osuraries of Jesus, etc.  While he's an atheist, he gave the line about how he didn't have any doubts there was some historical Jesus that had 12 disciples, as there is "plenty of historical evidence for that".  So I called in.  I gave him some butterring up, saying how much I liked his show and all that.  Which I do, but, he does turn on his callers when they disagree--a little too much in my opinion--so, I figured I'd butter him up first.  Then I went on to say, "there is one piece of Christian BS that he is buying into, that there is lots of historical evidence."  So we discussed that for a few minutes, like he raised some arguments like a theist would, "Socrates never wrote anything, how do we know he existed?"  But, overall, I happy to at least give a minute of radio time to the mythist position.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
caseagainstfaith wrote: I

caseagainstfaith wrote:
I was listening to Mike Malloy. He's an atheist liberal commentator, his show is on Sirius Left, and a few terrestrial radio stations. Anyway, he was talking about James Cameron's alleged discovery of osuraries of Jesus, etc. While he's an atheist, he gave the line about how he didn't have any doubts there was some historical Jesus that had 12 disciples, as there is "plenty of historical evidence for that". So I called in. I gave him some butterring up, saying how much I liked his show and all that. Which I do, but, he does turn on his callers when they disagree--a little too much in my opinion--so, I figured I'd butter him up first. Then I went on to say, "there is one piece of Christian BS that he is buying into, that there is lots of historical evidence." So we discussed that for a few minutes, like he raised some arguments like a theist would, "Socrates never wrote anything, how do we know he existed?" But, overall, I happy to at least give a minute of radio time to the mythist position.

Good job. Smiling  Did you plug this site?

I used to listen to Malloy, but he finally lost me via vitriol.  He laid it on too thick one too many times and it sounded too much like the anti-Limbaugh. Smiling  

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
caseagainstfaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori wrote:

Iruka Naminori wrote:

Good job. Smiling Did you plug this site?

Nah, if I was going to plug, I'd plug my own site. But, I was mainly just trying to give some airtime to the mythist position.

Iruka Naminori wrote:
I used to listen to Malloy, but he finally lost me via vitriol. He laid it on too thick one too many times and it sounded too much like the anti-Limbaugh. Smiling

Well, sometimes I tend to agree. I don't mind vitriol, particularly at the current administration. I think they fully deserve it. But, I have heard him jump too hard (in my opinion) on callers that disagree with him. Thom Hartman, in my opinion, does a much better job at allowing the other side to present their position. Though, he too, does interrupt opposing viewpoints, but he's 100 times better than Malloy, at least in this.

And, I'm also not as big into conspiracy theories as Malloy is. So, he's not my "ideal" radio personality either. But, I do enjoy his lambasting the administration and religious nut-jobs. So, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
The show can be downloaded

The show can be downloaded here:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/novamnetwork/malloy

for those interested in listening to the exchange.