It's the new age

KLJ
KLJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's the new age

I'm used to being driven up a wall by Christians, including the many that I consider friends and family. They bless me when I sneeze, talk to the invisible guy before they eat nasty toxic food, etc.

Well, this weekend I went to the little town of Auburn with my sweetie to get away for a bit of rest. I passed the store where you could buy crystals or have your astroligical chart done ($20 for 15 minutes) and settled into a cafe where I had some really great coffee. The subject of May West came up and quotes were traded. I thought I could fit right in, and then. "Ha ha, yeah, that May West. She must have been a sag. with a leo rising." "Oh, oh, yeah, definitely."

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH. I feld the cafe, but I didn't escape the aquarians. They were everywhere. This town is stuck in the new age. There was a Christian store-front church and most businesses closed on Sundays so the town wasn't totally without Jesus, but the earth mother and the nature spirit and all their friends were definitely in full effect. 

Then it occured to me. Could there be a Christian/new age hybrid. I mean sure, there were the Jesus People in the 60s but they all just became yuppie born agains. Right? RIGHT!?!?!?

Hold me. I'm so scared. 

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
umm, yes there are

umm, yes there are Christian-newage hybrids but they are few and far between. I have never run into a whole town though i have run into probly two in the last year. Both of them though were from the local nudist colony so i just figured they were crazy in the first place.

and as my dad always says "Suck it up and be a man!"

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Auburn, Alabama? I had no

Auburn, Alabama?

I had no idea it was getting so hippy-dippy.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

KLJ
KLJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately I wasn't able

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get that far from my own home of Sacramento Ca. It was Auburn Ca, an old gold mining town.

And Shaitian I'm sorry about your daddy issues. I'll pray for you, or rub my crystals or something. At any rate, I will have some more coffee and I'll hope that helps.

Atheists make lousy suicide bombers.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
i have no daddy issues for

i have no daddy issues for your knowledge...Though my dad does have Alzheimers if that makes you feel better...

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
KLJ wrote: Then it occured

KLJ wrote:

Then it occured to me. Could there be a Christian/new age hybrid. I mean sure, there were the Jesus People in the 60s but they all just became yuppie born agains. Right? RIGHT!?!?!?

Hold me. I'm so scared.

Yes, they are coming. In fact, there's a whole lot of reading out there from Fundys warning about this latest blasphemy. Fits into the whole anti-Christ thing...

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!