Yet another introduction

Niedowiarek
User is offlineOffline
Yet another introduction

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing this board for a couple of days now, and finally decided to introduce myself properly. I'm a 21 year old college student from Poland, misanthrope, former Catholic and a long-time atheist. Our country has been infested with Roman Catholics for way too long now, and the current right-wing government is only making things worse. What I find even more frightening, is that US is experiencing such strong pro-christian and anti-atheist tendencies - I've never realized how bad it is before coming to this site. Good to see that there is some opposition Smiling

I'm not a good debater, so I probably won't join many discussions - just wanted to let you know that there's one more guy around who really appreciates what you're doing.

Keep up the good work.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. :)

Welcome. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Niedowiarek wrote: Hi

Niedowiarek wrote:

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing this board for a couple of days now, and finally decided to introduce myself properly. I'm a 21 year old college student from Poland, misanthrope, former Catholic and a long-time atheist.

Nice, I'm of Polish origin, slightly older, have serious issues with Catholic church, and still managed to come to my senses as well. Weclome, or.....uh, dzein dobry! (Is that right? Too formal? It's been awhile).

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
Witam szanownego rodaka

Witam szanownego rodaka Eye-wink

Quote:
I'm not a good debater, so I probably won't join many discussions

Meh, come on, if you're not going to join many discussions you'll never become a good debater.

It's also a good way to brush up the language.

Practice makes perfect, comrade.

Niedowiarek
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Weclome, or.....uh, dzein dobry! (Is that right? Too formal? It's been awhile).

Almost got it right Smiling "Dzien dobry" is about as formal as your "good morning", we use "czesc" for a less formal greeting

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

Witam szanownego rodaka Eye-wink

Witam również Smiling 

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

Meh, come on, if you're not going to join many discussions you'll never become a good debater.

It's also a good way to brush up the language.

Practice makes perfect, comrade.

You have a point - still, you can learn a lot just by watching more experienced debaters in action.

Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I saw your user name and

I saw your user name and knew immediately we had another Polak on the boards!  It's been a long time since I've written in Polish, but here goes:

Od gdzie ti byly urodzony z Polska? Mam rodzina z Wroclaw i ja bylym tam dwa miesiance temu!

If you end up in our video chat room, maybe I could brush up on my Polish with you.  Oh and I completely agree about Poland being too religious.  I'm hoping we can get an RRS affiliate going there sometime =)

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Niedowiarek. I

Welcome, Niedowiarek.

I can't welcome you in your native language as others have done, but the thought is no less sincere.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Niedowiarek, for a

Niedowiarek, for a misanthrope you're pretty polite. Eye-wink

TheGrapeOfWrath
User is offlineOffline
Hi Niedowiarek, I'm new

Hi Niedowiarek, I'm new here too.

I'm meeting some cool hope you are as well.  Poland.  I love talking to people from outside of the USA.  Give me a whole new perspective on things.