Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam (CDHRI)

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam (CDHRI)

Hello to all,

I would like to hear some opinion on the "Cairo Declaration of Human Rights in Islam" (CDHRI).

The Source text, as can be read, is located at: http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/instree/cairodeclaration.html

I have created an Audio version of this Source text, for those who do not wish to read:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/80324/Blind-Man---CDHRI-mp3.html

The most interesting "Human Right" for me sofar, is Article 22(a), which states:

"Everyone shall have the right to express his opinion freely in such manner as would not be contrary to the principles of the Shari'ah."

According this, I am sure MOST of us would be 'unable to express our rights and opinion freely'.

I am eager to hear other comments.

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

http://www.faithfreedom.org/ 109:6 لكم دينكم ولي دين 109:6 「貴方々には,貴方々の宗教があり,私には,私の宗教があるのである。」 109:6 "Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Blind_Man wrote:

Blind_Man wrote:

Hello to all,

I would like to hear some opinion on the "Cairo Declaration of Human Rights in Islam" (CDHRI).

The Source text, as can be read, is located at: http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/instree/cairodeclaration.html

I have created an Audio version of this Source text, for those who do not wish to read:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/80324/Blind-Man---CDHRI-mp3.html

The most interesting "Human Right" for me sofar, is Article 22(a), which states:

"Everyone shall have the right to express his opinion freely in such manner as would not be contrary to the principles of the Shari'ah."

According this, I am sure MOST of us would be 'unable to express our rights and opinion freely'.

I am eager to hear other comments.

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

This is a weak attempt to say, "Look, we recognize that some in our bunch are assholes, but we wont let you make fun of them in response"

Same politicall correct bullshit, different country.

Allah and Jesus are  BOTH  pussies if they cant handle being called a pussy.

Now for those who insist on using the bible or Quran for their endorphic crack addiction it is not a call to physicall violence on either side.

I think BOTH Christians and Muslims are pussies if they feel the need to physically act out in violence and cant handle verbally defending the claims they make.

This is just Islamic version of politicall correctness and is no different than assholes like Falwell who are afraid to back up the claims they make in person in a debate. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
What do you mean by

What do you mean by "political correctness" ?

Is it not more of a Blasphemy Law?

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

http://www.faithfreedom.org/ 109:6 لكم دينكم ولي دين 109:6 「貴方々には,貴方々の宗教があり,私には,私の宗教があるのである。」 109:6 "Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion."

AL
User is offlineOffline
"Everyone shall have the

Seriously, reads like something out of The Onion. 

If atheism is a religion, why am I paying taxes?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Blind_Man wrote: What do

Blind_Man wrote:

What do you mean by "political correctness" ?

Is it not more of a Blasphemy Law?

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

One in the same.

I dont care if an atheist got congress to pass a law, "Make the theists stop" It would still mean the same thing. "Dont hurt my feelings"

"Play nice" is a concept the individual no matter their label wants done to them. But, the individual, no matter their label also likes to bitch.

What all can agree on be they Muslim, Jew, Christian or atheist is that no one likes to be dead. So we cant have people arrested because the "blaspheme" or "offend". We simply combat a precieved hate that we think is aimed at us(when I say we, I mean we as any group) with our own voice.

The reason the Muslim, Christian , and Jew are willing to pick up arms against their fellow human is simple. We never bother to look for the similarities. We are too busy shouting, "Dont say that, it hurts my feelings" that we fail to see that we like to complain ourselves. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heh. If you think /that's/

Brian: Thank you for clarifying. 

Al: If you think /that's/ odd, lookie here:

Article 9(a): The seeking of knowledge is an obligation and provision of education is the duty of the society and the State. The State shall ensure the availability of ways and means to acquire education and shall guarantee its diversity in the interest of the society so as to enable man to be acquainted with the religion of Islam and uncover the secrets of the Universe for the benefit of mankind.

...what?

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Blind_Man wrote: Brian:

Blind_Man wrote:

Brian: Thank you for clarifying.

Article 9(a): The seeking of knowledge is an obligation and provision of education is the duty of the society and the State. The State shall ensure the availability of ways and means to acquire education and shall guarantee its diversity in the interest of the society so as to enable man to be acquainted with the religion of Islam and uncover the secrets of the Universe for the benefit of mankind.

...what?

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

Like I said. IT IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

It does the same thing "under God" and "In God We Trust" does when our government promotes it.

"We wont hurt you. We encourage you to believe what we do. But you will not challenge set norms and accepted practices" 

AL
User is offlineOffline
Blind_Man wrote:  Al: If

Blind_Man wrote:

LOL, you forgot to bold the word "diversity," since it adds to the irony of the article.  We want our education system to be open-minded and diverse in its views and its acknowledgement that Islam is the one and only uncontestable Truth. 

If atheism is a religion, why am I paying taxes?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Sounds Orwellian in a way.

Sounds Orwellian in a way.