Well hello there. I'm new.

TheSage
TheSage's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well hello there. I'm new.

Hey, I'm Sage.

My real name's James and I'm from Perth, Western Australia. I've been wanting to get back onto forums to discuss religion and philosophy with people again but I've had such a hard time finding intelligent people to talk to - a problem which I'm sure many of you can relate to.

I study Literature and Philosophy at the University of Western Australia. I've been an atheist since I was 13, despite my upbringing in a Christian school. Anyone that asks me, I'll say I don't believe in any God or gods without shame. Religious folk don't often ask if you believe in God or not. They seem to just assume until you give them a sign that indicates otherwise...

I like that the Rational Response Squad is taking a stand against religious universalism. I'm an advocate of Epistemological Anarchism. For those that don't know what it is, perhaps look it up and I'll discuss it with you.

Anyway, I look forward to discussing the many interesting facets of religion, psychology and philosophy with you all.

Ciao 4 Now,

Sage

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sage! Welcome to the

Hi Sage! Welcome to the board. Cool

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Welcome I just looked up

Welcome clapping

I just looked up the idea and I have a vague idea of it. It seems interesting, but I'm not sure I can agree with it.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waves at the new Aussie,

Waves at the new Aussie, welcome!

TheSage
TheSage's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's an interesting topic to

It's an interesting topic to discuss, that's for sure. I may post some common rebuttals to the idea and my answers to it if I get around to it Sticking out tongue

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Sage

Hello,

Just adding my welcome to everyone elses. Smiling

Zombie 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sage. Epistemological

Hi Sage.

Epistemological Anarchism?  We'll look forward to hearing about it from you.