Hi. I'm new. Here's a little something about me.

Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi. I'm new. Here's a little something about me.

Hi. My name is Dabura (or at least that's what you can call me) and for a while I thought I was agnostic. One day, though, I thought about the subject and decided that I seriously don't believe in "god". I'm most commonly known around my friends, atheists and theists alike, as a major blasphemer. And I enjoy every minute of it. I try not to be too offensive so I'll only blaspheme around Christian friends who around super religious or will get pissed off at me. I'm pretty tactful.

I'm trying to make this introduction short. I was raised in a Christian family and attended church since I was about seven. My father was Wiccan and didn't make us go. He passed away nine years ago and my overly-religious mother took over. As much as I respect different religions, I have to say that Christianity is the one I despise the most. I just hate how close-minded most are.

But, anyway, I do not go to church and if I do, I show my true color: black. XD I don't dress-up for it if I ever go with my friends. I love my friends and if it's the only way I can see them, then so be it.

The thing that I hate most of anything is narrow-minded people. I mean, there's a lot about me and a lot that I stand for that makes me a very open-minded person: I'm an atheist, I'm bisexual, I'm kind of into the goth and metal scenes as well as the punk and emo scenes. Of course, all of these things give people excuses to mess with me.

Ok, I talked too much. XD If you want to know anything else, just ask.

Thanks and I'm glad to be a part of a place where free-thinkers can talk.

Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I made lots of typoes.

Ok, I made lots of typoes. Sorry! >_<;

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the message

Welcome to the message board, Dabura. Smiling

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah, welcome. As a fellow

Ah, welcome. As a fellow bisexual black-wearing metalhead, I feel your pain. People are very quick to judge.

Even in my big diverse city, sometimes in my more..... "buckle-y, fishnetty outfits" old people will scramble out of my way with a freaked out look in their eyes, or someone will shout, "How's Satan, bitch?"
I pretty much stopped angsting over it in high school, but it can still hurt. I try to smile and be nice to people anyway.

Very pleased to make your aquaintance. *bows*

Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks. I'm glad to see

Thanks. I'm glad to see that everyone's really nice here.

A lot better than most Christians I know, or as I like to say, Xtians. Lol.

I'm still in high school so I'm pretty angsty. XD But I'm glad to have pride in who I am instead of locking it all away to be accepted by people who really don't matter. ^_^ 

myspace.com/miyao