so glad i found this site, forum, and people.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
so glad i found this site, forum, and people.

Well i have been an athiest for 3 years, i found atheism on my own. I never did belive in god though i was told to and everyone did and told me to. So about 4 years ago i just beleived in god just to "be safe". I find that alot of people are doing this. Then topics such as the war in Iraq, Abortion, and Gay rights started to bother me. How religious beliefs (not jsut christianity) are being used to tell others what they can and cant do. The unites states in NOT a theocracy and it was NOT intended to be. So after i started to reaalize this and i got mad i was like ok well i dont belive in god, so now what? well i found wonderful atheism.

Aside that in school i am studying the play the Crucibal. The similarities between that enviornment and the one of today are very similar. Though the extremes are not as severe today, they are there.

How can a "moral" way of life, and "moral" decisions based on religion be "moral" when fear used as a tool of power? Sounds like a Dictatorship to me.

Well thats my BASIC thaughts of religion. My name is Jon, and i am an athiest.

Cool

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site.

NoGodJon (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, still getting used

Thanks, still getting used to everything. I think i listened to like 4 or 5 shows. I love 'em.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline