Atheist bible?

JeSOS
User is offlineOffline
Atheist bible?

Should'nt there be an atheistic 'bible', as the bible for christians or koran for muslims, paper that will have all conclusions all inapplicabilities that found in bible, and explains how really world is working, that would be written for average (not very intellegent) people, but will be scientifically correct.

You got my idea, cuz its better have all proof of that religion is lie in one place, and could also be given for religious people to read on theyr own...

Is there anything like this or someone aware of plans to create one?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
It sounds like you want

It sounds like you want more of a guide to religion or at least christianity.

They have books on the bible, but they are kind of hard to find and cost a lot.

I have ideas about a guide of sorts, but it would be well past a simple anti-christian book and may not be for the common man.

JeSOS
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: I have

Voiderest wrote:

I have ideas about a guide of sorts, but it would be well past a simple anti-christian book and may not be for the common man.

Why you think so, what ideas you have can you share some of them really brief?

If its not for "common man" then whats the point of it, most those who's not "the common man" are not in religion anyway, what i wannt is document even average farmer can understand, but it does not mean it should not contain any science.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It really isn't going to

It really isn't going to happen because atheists don't all have the same ethics or beliefs in anything other than the nonexistance of gods.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JeSOS
User is offlineOffline
Well the point is to show

Well the point is to show bible is incorrect and find as much FACTS as possible thats the point.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I plan on making a guide

I plan on making a guide for those who plan on arguing not really for those who just want to know a little. One part of it would be an Index of God Proofs, it would be like the Index of Creationlist Claims.

You might want to look into "Letter for a Christian Nation" if you want something for "common man" christians. For more scientific stuff I hear "An Atheist Universe" is good and not a scientist only book.

You may also what to forget about books all together and look at audio/visaul media for eduational ideas. I'm not saying dumb everything down even more, but even the church is aware of the power of film. Take a look at the video section to narrow your search a bit.

I was touching on this before, but didn't really state it flat out. I don't think it should be focused on one religion. I don't really have much of a religious history so I don't even come at it from that kind of view point. It might work well to get someone out of the religion you focus on, but it does nothing to those of other religions nor does it prevent them from going to those other religions.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are actually several

There are actually several books for this.  Both by a great researcher and historian, Dennis McKinsey - Although they are slightly antiquated, they are very accurate: 

• The Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy
  • Biblical Errancy: A Reference Guide
I highly suggest both, although I am more fond of the reference guide.  It's quick for debating thesist on the Bible, and is very handy when you need a contradiction fast.  It's even better for showing the thousands of contradictions, errors and fallacies of the Bible.  Both are a great value.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

JeSOS
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: I was

Voiderest wrote:
I was touching on this before, but didn't really state it flat out. I don't think it should be focused on one religion. I don't really have much of a religious history so I don't even come at it from that kind of view point. It might work well to get someone out of the religion you focus on, but it does nothing to those of other religions nor does it prevent them from going to those other religions.

I watched movie Secrets of the Koran its pretty informative, shows that Koran was written by Mohamed in some cave, when he was send out from town, it gives idea its just set of laws to follow nothing more, same as bible.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Should'nt there be

Quote:
Should'nt there be an atheistic 'bible', as the bible for christians or koran for muslims,

When there is a book for all of the theists that is, was, and ever will be.

Theist Spotting 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.