Intro

TheDude27
User is offlineOffline
Intro

Hi all,

Wanted to post a quick intro... First off, I'm a recovered RC(for around 15 years now). After having this stuff drilled into me for many years and really REALLY trying to buy into it, I'm afraid I just couldn't do it.  I knew I was lying to myself for a while but for some reason I kept trying.

As much I wanted to have god speak to me, he never did.  I found this curious since everone kept saying god gave them guidence on this or that... I kept making excuses like maybe he doens't talk in a conventional manner, yada, yada.  Then I started looking more in depth at evolution and the claims of the bible as they relate to acutal science. I've always been a very logical person and religion and logic dont seem to mix well if you think about either of them too long.  The final confirmation for me has come after seeing the tremenous scientific evidence that explains things attributed to god and then observing the social reasons (the motive) that seem to be present in many ppl that "find god" which seems to explain why religion seems necessary and why it has propogated so profusely. 

Now pretty much I sit around and cringe every time major decisions are made in response to imaginary beings. 

Anyways, nice to be here (saw the blasphemy challenge piece and decided to check the site out and found there are many like minded ppl here).  Smiling

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Hey, TheDude27. What's an

Hey, TheDude27. What's an RC?

I had a similar de-conversion experience as you. Look forward to hearing from yah.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: Hey,

MrRage wrote:

I had a similar de-conversion experience as you. Look forward to hearing from yah.

Just a guess off the top of my head:

RC = Recovered Christian

Am I close?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: MrRage

Susan wrote:
MrRage wrote:

Just a guess off the top of my head:

RC = Recovered Christian

Am I close?

Then that would make him a "recovered recovered Christian" Eye-wink

TheDude27
User is offlineOffline
RC or cola you decide

Smiling RC = roman catholic  or more accurately the "we're right and your wrong catholic version" lol

Anyone else find it odd that the pope makes that delicious cola ? haha

TheDude27
User is offlineOffline
one last thought

On the beverage front, one thing that was good about being RC is that we didnt screw around with that fake wine crap... we had the real stuff and man was it potent stuff(jesus must have been drunk 24/7 to have the 15% alcohol for blood).

Come to think of it, the pope must have his own beverage distribution company.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline