01/19/2007 - A very special day

ChristPuncher
User is offlineOffline
01/19/2007 - A very special day

Why is today a special day, you ask? Why, it's Kent Hovind Sentencing Day!!!!

Place your bets, folks. What kind of sentence do you think he'll get?

As for myself, I couldn't even begin to speculate, but my guess is that it won't be nearly as harsh as some may suspect. I'm expecting some excellent courtroom theatrics on the part of Mr. Hovind, though.

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Kent Hovind, founder of

"Kent Hovind, founder of Creation Science Evangelism and Dinosaur Adventure Land in Pensacola, was found guilty of 58 counts, including failure to pay $845,000 in employee-related taxes. He faces a maximum of 288 years in prison ..."

I'm no expert, but I'm going to try and sound smart ... here goes:

Kent Hovind will get 4 to 10 years - 58 counts of with a minimum of 4 years for each count to be served concurrently.  He'll also have to pay the $845,000 plus the court fees.  [And we all know what will happen to him in prison ...]

How does that sound?

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yikes, I didn't realize that

Yikes, I didn't realize that each count was a minimum of 4 years. That means no matter what he get's life.  Of course the $1,000,000 fine will be a nice cherry on top Eye-wink

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Piper2000ca
Piper2000ca's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately, no, he won't

Unfortunately, no, he won't be there for life, since the sentences are served concurrently, in other words, at the same time.  Which means he will only be there for 4 years (or whatever happens to be the longest sentence).

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
If he's serving them

If he's serving them concurrently, then how does he face a max of 288 years?  Surely there isn't a single sentence of 288 years in there.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Piper2000ca
Piper2000ca's picture
User is offlineOffline
V1per41 wrote: If he's

V1per41 wrote:
If he's serving them concurrently, then how does he face a max of 288 years? Surely there isn't a single sentence of 288 years in there.

Concurrently means at the same time.  If it was consecutively, then it would be 288 years, but since they are being served at the same time, he only stays in for the longest sentence.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right, I understand now the

Right, I understand now the difference between concurently and consecutively.

If he is serving them concurently, then how does he face up to 288 years?

Anyway, does anyone know when/how to find the outcome? 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I hope they put his

I hope they put his irrational ass away as long as possible.

Lee Vegas
Lee Vegas's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too bad they're not

Too bad they're not consecutive, otherwise he could be in jail for 1/20the the age of (his) entire universe.

LV 

"The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known."
- John Stuart Mill

http://theistsanonymous.blogspot.com/

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
And the sentence is.......

And the sentence is.......

10 years in prison and $640,000.00 in restitution to the IRS.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where did you hear this

Where did you hear this from?

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Here 

Here 

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow - I was pretty close. 

wow - I was pretty close.  I mean, it was just arithmatic and a little deductive reasoning but still ...

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:

wow - I was pretty close. I mean, it was just arithmatic and a little deductive reasoning but still ...

Hey, don't dis the power of deductive reasoning. Smiling

-Triften