I found this kind of amusing

atheist_roman
User is offlineOffline
I found this kind of amusing

on one of the sidebar google ads there was a link 'Atheism breaks the law!' i figured 'what the hell' and clicked on it.

http://www.anointed-one.net/atheism.html

was the link, i always get a good laugh when theists try to use logic, the scientific method and reasoning when trying to 'reinforce' what their beliefs are.

a common analogy i use when discussing religion with friends is that "God is used as a bookmark in the journal of science." meaning that whenever the scientific community isn't completely solid as to the answer to a complex question, someone has to open their mouth and say that 'Well (a) God did it!'. just because we have some unanswered questions out there, doesn't automatically mean there is a deity behind it.

anyway, check it out, post your opinions.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
"A miracle contradicts

"A miracle contradicts natural, scientific laws and atheists typically scoff at the suggestion that miracles have ever occurred."

I think it's a miracle this idiot managed to put this website together without drooling all over his keyboard and electrocuting himself.

Oh, and another very popular way to phrase your "God is a bookmarker" idea is "God of the Gaps."  Any place there is a gap in scientific knowledge, God must have done it! ROTF 

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

atheist_roman
User is offlineOffline
yea really. i really think

yea really. i really think alot of theists are just trying to cover their asses now.

it kinda reminds me of the whole snowballing lie. they just keep adding to their dogma to cover up contradictions found in the bible as well as new scientific studies that negate many of their strongly held beliefs.

i can almost pretty much guarantee that most theists only belief about 30% of their bible and what it has to say. (*speaking specifically of christians but im sure its the same in all the others as well.)
i like to call them buffet believers.. picking and choosing a bit of each stuff that kinda fits what they like and what hasnt been proven wrong lol.

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
atheist_roman wrote: i

atheist_roman wrote:

i can almost pretty much guarantee that most theists only belief about 30% of their bible and what it has to say. (*speaking specifically of christians but im sure its the same in all the others as well.)
i like to call them buffet believers.. picking and choosing a bit of each stuff that kinda fits what they like and what hasnt been proven wrong lol.

True, true. I asked several born again xian exconvicts at drug rehab is they had read the whole bible. As expected none of them had read about 20% of the bible, or were uneducated and never learned to read - sad to see this from a 45 year old guy who could not read or write.