Introducing my fine self

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Introducing my fine self

Hey, i'm believerster, from sunny sunny London City in the U.K. I've been watchin' the vids you guys have put up on youtube and heartily enjoy them. Little background:
I'm 18 and at uni right now as a proud Atheist (which is very hard at my uni as there seems to be insane amounts of Muslim propaganda floatin' around). I was born and raised a Roman Catholic (irish family) and attended a Catholic school until may 2006. When I was about 14 or 15 I began to question my beliefs and could find no answers even from the priests at my school. Luckily I found a group of friends who all shared my views (in an amazing coincidence, they were all the smartest people in the school) and I began to call myself Agnostic. I still believed in "something" and when I was abit older I became interested in occultism, my mother had at that point started these Reki courses and members of my family came out as masons, and that really drew me into that world. However, again I started doubting things and realised that the world of the occult stinks just as much as the bullshit in religion and here I am, skeptic and Atheist.
So, anyway, hello!

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hi there believerster. 

Hi there believerster.  Nice to have you here. Laughing

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle fo

Welcome to the hizzle fo shizzle!

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cheers guys, glad to be

Cheers guys, glad to be here!

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
believerster wrote:

believerster wrote:
Hey, i'm believerster, from sunny sunny London City in the U.K. I've been watchin' the vids you guys have put up on youtube and heartily enjoy them. Little background: I'm 18 and at uni right now as a proud Atheist (which is very hard at my uni as there seems to be insane amounts of Muslim propaganda floatin' around). I was born and raised a Roman Catholic (irish family) and attended a Catholic school until may 2006. When I was about 14 or 15 I began to question my beliefs and could find no answers even from the priests at my school. Luckily I found a group of friends who all shared my views (in an amazing coincidence, they were all the smartest people in the school) and I began to call myself Agnostic. I still believed in "something" and when I was abit older I became interested in occultism, my mother had at that point started these Reki courses and members of my family came out as masons, and that really drew me into that world. However, again I started doubting things and realised that the world of the occult stinks just as much as the bullshit in religion and here I am, skeptic and Atheist. So, anyway, hello!

Sounds alot like my background. My mom left Roman Catholicism and ended up in the New Age arena. I became a student of the occult, studied and can talk shop with the best of them. It was only years later after I was questioned by an Atheist that I realized I never once questioned those books like I did the bible.  I just believed it all because it made sense in some odd way. Now I am a full blown atheist and I hope I might encourage someone to read and think before just accepting it all.

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
melchisedec wrote: Sounds

melchisedec wrote:
Sounds alot like my background. My mom left Roman Catholicism and ended up in the New Age arena. I became a student of the occult, studied and can talk shop with the best of them. It was only years later after I was questioned by an Atheist that I realized I never once questioned those books like I did the bible. I just believed it all because it made sense in some odd way. Now I am a full blown atheist and I hope I might encourage someone to read and think before just accepting it all.

Yup, exactly the same here.  I have an entire library of occult books and spiritism books, and i'll be looking to sell them off soon.  Anyone interested in offensively expensive door stoppers? 

I'll be auditioning Gods in my office on monday morning. - Aesop Rock

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hahah, no thanks I got

Hahah, no thanks I got plenty of door stoppers. My mom for some reason wanted to keep most of my old occult books collection because she can't bare to throw anything out. I got everthing from the blue book (bucklands guide, heh), to every Golden Dawn, hermetic kaballah guide that was out at the time. Crowley's gems to Castenedas Teachings of Don Juan. I admit that at one point, I accepted every made up, too good to be true fatansy under the sun. The one that would allow me to be a shaman, perform out of body experiences on demand, hang with big foot and get the girl who doesn't notice me Sticking out tongue

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh mate, I know those all

Oh mate, I know those all too well.  I have all of those bucklands publications, work by Kardec from the 19th century etc etc.

Do you feel as stupid as I do now? 

I'll be auditioning Gods in my office on monday morning. - Aesop Rock

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
believerster wrote: Oh

believerster wrote:

Oh mate, I know those all too well. I have all of those bucklands publications, work by Kardec from the 19th century etc etc.

Do you feel as stupid as I do now?

Looking back now I realize that all along philosophy was really the knowledge I was craving, I just took a bad turn at new age. Heh Eye-wink 

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
That sounds like my friends.

That sounds like my friends. They are the top 5 students in the school. Im not so lucky im like 120 out of 225. But the top 40 students at my school were all close by like .000034 or some insanely small amount(GPA). No, I dont go to private school.

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think all I was craving

I think all I was craving was something different, after the boring chanting of catholicism.