Show off your desktop screenshots

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Show off your desktop screenshots

what does your desktop look like?

this is Windows XP Pro, using a Carbon Fibre visual style, and two docks on each side. the program is called YzDock

My desktop uses 1680x1050 resolution (16:10 widescreen), with my 22" LCD monitor

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gotta love BSD Unix

Gotta love BSD Unix Smiling

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mac OS-X 10.4.8 400MHz

Mac OS-X 10.4.8

400MHz PowerPC G4

512 MB SDRAM

other computers I use when needed: dual 2.3GHz G5's, 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM, all have the same Mars NASA photo.

Evergreen State College Computer Center 

BarkAtTheMoon
Rational VIP!
BarkAtTheMoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
My computer currently has

My computer currently has this image of Saturn from Astronomy Picture of the Day. My screensaver uses a folder of about 150 pictures, mostly from APOD. I check it each morning and if the picture's cool, I save it to that folder. Today's was nifty, nebulas look awesome.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
- Eric Idle, from The Galaxy Song

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
politicalhumanist

politicalhumanist wrote:

Mac OS-X 10.4.8

400MHz PowerPC G4

512 MB SDRAM

other computers I use when needed: dual 2.3GHz G5's, 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM, all have the same Mars NASA photo.

Evergreen State College Computer Center

To add this picture is the Columbia Hills, Mars. 

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
BarkAtTheMoon wrote: My

BarkAtTheMoon wrote:

My computer currently has this image of Saturn from Astronomy Picture of the Day. My screensaver uses a folder of about 150 pictures, mostly from APOD. I check it each morning and if the picture's cool, I save it to that folder. Today's was nifty, nebulas look awesome.

I Like to check teh Astronomy Picture of the Day as well.  I used to make them my wallpaper whenever a cool one came around, but started to get bored with space pictures after about a year.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love my macbook.  The

I love my macbook.  The picture is the logo of an indie hip hop comapny called Definitive Jux. 

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its great to see all these

Its great to see all these macs in use. Maybe one day Apokalipse can ditch that Carbon fibre shell wanna be and get the real thing Sticking out tongue heh. We got two guys here at work with that shell replacement and they look pretty close to OSX but windows is windows no matter what. I still have a windows rig at home strictly for gaming, but everything else I use mac.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Could someone please let me

Could someone please let me know how to take a screenshot on a Mac?  I'd be forever grateful.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
My old laptop: Right now

My old laptop:

Right now I have the default Windows XP settings and fonts with the Azul beach picture as my desktop.

believerster
believerster's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Susan wrote: Could

Susan wrote:
Could someone please let me know how to take a screenshot on a Mac? I'd be forever grateful.

Cmd Shft 4 and then your mouse icon will turn into a cursor, drag the cursor from the top left to bottom right or visa versa, let go, then a picture file of your whatever was on your screen will appear on your desktop. 

I'll be auditioning Gods in my office on monday morning. - Aesop Rock

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Laptop SS  

Laptop SS

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have the first half of

I have the first half of it. (Once I figured out how to contort my fingers to do a Cmd Shift 4.)

I now have a .png file on my desktop. I can drag and drop it into a file on my Mac, but how do I drag and drop it into this comment section?

Or do I have to make it a .jpg, upload it and then link it into a comment?

Sorry. I'm really techno-challenged.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: I have the

Susan wrote:

I have the first half of it. (Once I figured out how to contort my fingers to do a Cmd Shift 4.)

I now have a .png file on my desktop. I can drag and drop it into a file on my Mac, but how do I drag and drop it into this comment section?

Or do I have to make it a .jpg, upload it and then link it into a comment?

Sorry. I'm really techno-challenged.

You need to find a place to host the image, I prefer using http://www.imageshack.us/ . Go there, upload your PNG file, and wait for it to do its thing. You will then go to a page full of options, you might want to use the option "Thumbnail for forums (1)". Copy that and paste it into your forum message and that should do it for ya.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
melchisedec wrote:

melchisedec wrote:
Its great to see all these macs in use. Maybe one day Apokalipse can ditch that Carbon fibre shell wanna be and get the real thing Sticking out tongue heh. We got two guys here at work with that shell replacement and they look pretty close to OSX but windows is windows no matter what. I still have a windows rig at home strictly for gaming, but everything else I use mac.
I can use any .msstyles shell I want. All I had to do was replace C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll with a hacked version.

also, I use a program called YzDock for my docks. it's free.

Besides, the main reason I use a PC is the hardware; the PC's hardware is just so much more customisable (and I love to overclock stuff)

I have a Sempron 2800+, stock speed 1.6GHZ, overclocked to 2.24GHZ (soon to be a 3300+, stock 2.0GHZ, and I'll attempt 2.8GHZ)

I have a 7950 GT, stock speed 550MHZ, volt-modded and overclocked to 730MHZ (I'm hoping I can reach 800MHZ with watercooling and even higher voltage)

I can run just about any game with the highest settings without lag.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks to you, I am now a

Thanks to you, I am now a bit less techno-challenged.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

wallpaper

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
Clean

Desktop of Phanto

I've been working on getting this layout quite right for the past few days. It still isn't quite how I want it, but it's fairly close. At any rate, we've got the Studio 28 V Compact for the visual style, RocketDock for the docking system, and a custom wallpaper I worked on while listening to the recording of the show last night. It takes far too long to get the perfect curves.

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline

Unbuntu Linux on an iBook

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
someone wanna tell silly

someone wanna tell silly ole me how to get a screenshot from Windows???

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist

Angelic_Atheist wrote:

someone wanna tell silly ole me how to get a screenshot from Windows???

Oh course I will! On your keyboard press 'print screen', and then paste into a new photoshop file, or other photo editing software file. Reduce the size of the image to like 800 X 600, or 640 X 480.  

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess I'm boring.  The

I guess I'm boring. 

The kitty is my little Flossie Fiona who passed away two years ago.  She had a "thing" about blogs and was a bit annoyed with me for interrupting her.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Angelic_Atheist
User is offlineOffline

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
It's the Tarantula Nebula.

It's the Tarantula Nebula. (My best minesweeper time is 138 sec. Beat that, nerds!)Wink

Angelic_Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Mine is called the Horse

Mine is called the Horse Head Shapped Reflection Nebula, but I think they should have called it the Dragon Head Reflection Nebula.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
Ubuntu Linux in the KDE

Ubuntu Linux in the KDE desktop environment.

UberBob
UberBob's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seeing this screengrab

Seeing this screengrab might result in many Mac questions since I would like a machine that works lol

I dread the thought of recording music, writing a novel, or doing animation while battling "This program has blah-blah-blahSend of Do Not Send" error messages the entire time lol

"Sometimes even the wisest of man or machine can make an error."

-Optimus Prime

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote:   I guess

Susan wrote:

I guess I'm boring.

The kitty is my little Flossie Fiona who passed away two years ago. She had a "thing" about blogs and was a bit annoyed with me for interrupting her.

I am using a 24" iMac G4 in the Mac Computer Classroom at the local college. I find nothing boring bout the computer or myself. You're not boring. Cats like Mac computers. I had a kitty in Alaska.  El Gato liked sleeping on top on my G4 Power Mac, pawed at the keyboard, and liked the sniffing the montior.

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
UberBob wrote: Seeing this

UberBob wrote:

Seeing this screengrab might result in many Mac questions since I would like a machine that works lol

I dread the thought of recording music, writing a novel, or doing animation while battling "This program has blah-blah-blahSend of Do Not Send" error messages the entire time lol

Macs are good computers. However I've had a few like the Rev A PowerMac G5 1.6 GHZ which had logic board problems. Most of the Macs I've owned were excellent computers, and just worked - not me working for the computer. I'm currently running Linux on an old iBook G3 500MHz, and it's a mixed bag of fun and anxiety. Linux is free, or low priced, so I don't expect it to be perfect. 

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline

g0at
Bronze Member
g0at's picture
User is offlineOffline
 http://img228.imageshack.

My Stickam

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6346/untitledvu7.jpg

as requested :0

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
politicalhumanist

politicalhumanist wrote:
UberBob wrote:

Macs are good computers. However I've had a few like the Rev A PowerMac G5 1.6 GHZ which had logic board problems. Most of the Macs I've owned were excellent computers, and just worked - not me working for the computer. I'm currently running Linux on an old iBook G3 500MHz, and it's a mixed bag of fun and anxiety. Linux is free, or low priced, so I don't expect it to be perfect.

I got to agree. I just recently switched to mac and love it. Previously was a unix/linux guy. I think the new intel macs provide everything you could want. Especially with parallels you can run just about any OS realtime with a small performance hit. Though the recent addition to the linux windows managers - beyrl looks absolutely awesome.