RRS SoCal couple on Wife Swap Jan 8th

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
RRS SoCal couple on Wife Swap Jan 8th

On January 8th the founders of Rational Response Squad Southern California will be on ABCs Wife Swap. 

Here is a 10 minute interview with our atheist friends Steve and Jinxi, download it now, and then look for a much longer version sometime after Wife Swap airs.

If you are in the SoCal area and are interested in uniting and engaging in activist projects with other freethinkers who speak out about the danger of irrational beliefs (like theism), then please send a friend request to Rational Response Squad Southern California!: http://www.myspace.com/rrssocal  

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

Other RRS chapters you can unite with:
Oklahoma: http://www.myspace.com/rationalresponseok
Alabama: http://www.myspace.com/rationalresponsealabama
Missouri: http://www.myspace.com/rationalrespondersmo 
Northwest Ohio: http://www.myspace.com/nwohrrs
Seattle/Tacoma: http://www.myspace.com/rrsseattle  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
CONGRATS TO ALL INVOLVED

CONGRATS TO ALL INVOLVED AND TO ALL THE BRAVE ATHEISTS WHO POST AND SPEAK OUT!

We must not forget the skeptics throughout the ages who contributed to this day. The age of enlightenment that gave us Pain and Voltaire and founders like Jefferson to modern skeptics such as Ingersoll, O'Hare, Ellen Johnson, Reginald Finley(Infidel Guy) aslo WS alumni, to Sapient, Jake from Atheist Network, to ALL OF YOU.

The road ahead is not complete by any means and to our theist counterparts they need not worry about us wanting to create a facist state.

WE DONT HAVE TO. Atheists should be confident in their positions that they should understand that a free exchange and free market of ideas will beifit them. Conversely the politically correct theists such as Jews and Muslims especially seek to use goverment to silence questioning. We must not create taboos because our feelings might get hurt. WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR because our argments are solid and our reasoning is based in nature, not fiction.

We are living in a great age and our voices are getting stronger and the theist, not us, will use goverment to silence us. Lets not resort to past tactics of theocrats or dictators like Stalin to eliminate the compitition of ideas. WE HAVE THE UPPER HAND AND SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO FEAR!

LETS USE THE FREE MARKET,

ONCE AGAIN, thank you all, every single person who has e-mailed local papers and national media. Lets thank our theist counterparts who are not threatened by us. Lets continue the quest of challenging humanity to be human to others by not allowing religion to divide politics or the world for that matter.

We have a long way to go. But this is a positive trend.

TO EVERYONE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Don't forget tonights the

Don't forget tonights the night for Wifeswap!

When you get pissed off at the families portrayal, come here to discuss it after the show.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well I'm ever hopefull.

Well I'm ever hopefull. Unlike Reggie's wifeswap, they didnt bash the atheist family in the shows description. I know they'll throw some punches, Im just hoping they are at least fair.

*ducks* 

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully there will be a

Hopefully there will be a torrent for this? To accommodate those who may not be able to view for time and geological constraints. Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
You'll get to see all of

You'll get to see all of those high drama moments, none of the rational discussions that led up to it.  You'll get some high drama music and crafty edits as usual.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
We're in the webcam room

We're in the webcam room right now watching Wifeswap with Jinxi and Steve before they can even watch it in their time zone: http://www.rationalresponders.com/rrs_webcam_room

JOIN IN! Don't forget to click the magnifying glass to enter the chat room.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
My pimpin' ass didn't watch.

My pimpin' ass didn't watch. I was pretty sure they'd do that shit again, though.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I missed it, some one let me

I missed it. Some one let me know as soon as it's available is online. I'm off to sulk in the mean time.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wife Swap airs what did you think?

It was quite obvious to me after seeing what happened to Reggie on his episode that this episode continued the same stereotype pitting "us vs them" mentality.

Although the script AND IT IS SCRIPTED seemed to be unscripted my impression was that the editors and writers were trying to portray the tatoo couple as neglectfull and arrogent where the Christian couple was, "Just trying to save them".

BUT, the dead give away came durring the end that all of it was an act was when the black guy was trying to learn how to dance around the poll.

What both believer and atheist need to understand about "reality" tv is portayed accuratly about what can happen in media by the movie "The Running Man".

There was 1,000 percent more video that ended up not being viewed and the editors slanted it to what they thought would sell. Both sides seemed to act a little, some emotions may have been genuine, but what they dont tell you is that not every sound and every video is done in sequence or done in full context.

This is another example of slick media editing. I doubt either side is anywhere near the full monster the oposition may make them out to be. It is media scripting and editing that pitted the atheist and Christian and this is nowhere near a real debate. It is pop culture.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Alex14
User is offlineOffline
i wasn't able to watch it.

i wasn't able to watch it. The description on the Channel Guide on my tv was that one wife was a carrer focused woman with an alternative lifestyle. And the other wife was a woman who put religion and family above everything else.

Raised Brow

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I Understand that they

Ok, I Understand that they will probably, by default, edit just about everything out or proportion.

I'm just curious what happened with the 'god warrior' woman. Yah think the editors of that show saw that footage and think "score, we got the last 5 minutes easy, let us start the weekend early!"? Smiling

Any torrenty like thing about yet folks? 

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

An_Atheist
An_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh wow, i cannot wait to see

Oh wow, i cannot wait to see it lol!  I guess that they will try making out that it is bad to want a career now!!   But unless it was a christian woman who wanted the career, then she would be oh so educated and intelligent!

Your mind will take you far, the rest is just your heart, you'l find that fate is all your own creation.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since I don't have

Since I don't have television is there anywhere it can be downloaded?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

CrimsonSun99
User is offlineOffline
I saw this episode and I

I saw this episode and I found it INSANELY amusing with the atheist dad, omg that made me laugh to see the fundies face when he was going all-out atheist on her a$$

I wish they coulda gotten more in-depth, but as it is reality, whatever right?

I bet you any ammount of money that all the fundies that watched that now think we are all tattooed, pierced, horny bastards that are open to children about everything, etc.