How about we send them off to youtube and let them do some soul searching...

lawrence
Posts: 18
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
How about we send them off to youtube and let them do some soul searching...

way more effective, and it is not like there aren`t a gazillion atheist or religious sites out there who didn`t already cover virtually everything which the religious flamers could ever ask. It is rather that they did not read nor care about it in the first place, and are not really inclined to question their point of view. It is rock solid to them. Their mindset is exactly like yours: from their perspective you are the irrational folks and they are out to convince you.

If one is sincere about some questions than one can already notice that this person has done his /her homework about the basic principles of science, or at the very least acknowledges it.

SO lemme know what you think, but it WILL save you a lot of time; and will do us more good i think then having endless discussions to no avail; the audiovisual medium is way more effective at conveying ones point of view and the religious person can be sure to have both sides covered. Above all you do not post unnecessarily and feel good about when really you should not because you changed nothing.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Could you maybe stop

Could you maybe stop dancing around your point and start clearly stating it?  I want to respond to your posts but have yet to clearly understand anything you're getting at in the several posts you've made.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Agreed. It's bad enough

Agreed. It's bad enough dealing with people with irrational beliefs. It's even worse dealing with people with irrational language skills.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
Posts: 208
Joined: 2006-12-18
User is offlineOffline
ahahah i think he is

ahahah i think he is basically saying what I was saying, and a few others.  Basically you aren't going to change peoples fews by rocking the Holy Spirit.  Well thats atleast what I got from his words.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I get it now.  Lawrence is

I get it now.  Lawrence is only acting dishonest when he seeks to impersonate the mindset of an atheist who doesn't think we should speak up against religion.  He's not an atheist as we see in his first post of this thread.  The most detestable quality of humans is dishonesty, and Lawrence has plenty of it.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


lawrence
Posts: 18
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
My point is that it is

My point is that it is better to refer them to youtube rather than babble around all day long. The audiovisual medium beats any textual attempts of a rational conversation hands down. Especially the Blasphemy Challenge is pretty awesome as there are many very frank and outspoken people of all sorts - unlike me i guess .)

The most detestable quality is a lack of eduction.

PS: Did i defrad you, scam you..?. All you got are a few -admittedly- incoherent posts to go on.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
lawrence wrote: My point

lawrence wrote:

My point is that it is better to refer them to youtube rather than babble around all day long.

Who is "them?"  You called us "you atheists" in another thread, therefore showing us you are a theist.  Why do you say "them" as if YOU are not "them?"

 As for the "refer em to youtube," what the hell are you talking about?  Youtube is a horrible place for a good discussion, a 250 character limit doesn't do squat.  No quote boxes, no specification of who you're responding to, no formatting of posts, no system to be alerted of responses, yada yada yada.

Furthermore, our arguments are on youtube more than ever before, and you're asking us to send em to youtube... WE JUST GOT DONE DOING THAT.

Quote:
The audiovisual medium beats any textual attempts of a rational conversation hands down.

Different people want different mediums, contrary to your perception there are actually some people that would rather have text than video.  We've got areas of text, audio only, and video/audio for whatever floats peoples boats.

Quote:
Especially the Blasphemy Challenge is pretty awesome as there are many very frank and outspoken people of all sorts - unlike me i guess .)

You think the Blasphemy Challenge is awesome yet went on a tirade about us coming up with arguments against young earth theory from creationists?  Surprised 

Quote:
The most detestable quality is a lack of eduction.

I'll take an honest dumbass over a compulsive lying genius anyday.

Quote:
PS: Did i defrad you, scam you..?. All you got are a few -admittedly- incoherent posts to go on.

Damn incoherent at that.  In fact your incoherency is not gaining you any fans, I sat back and watched as long as I could, but you're making no sense.  You're like a walking contradiction... or just dishonest as I charged.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


lawrence
Posts: 18
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
@them....simple.

@them....simple.

I do not differentiate between religious people or somewhat rational but undereducated. You gotta have an education in conformity with the demands of the 21st century, otherwise one cannot add to the mankind`s knowledge. Regardless of who is to blame, it doesn`t change the fact that in my reality everyone who does not meet those requriements is a lost cause to me/mankind.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
lawrence

lawrence wrote:

@them....simple.

I do not differentiate between religious people or somewhat rational but undereducated. You gotta have an education in conformity with the demands of the 21st century, otherwise one cannot add to the mankind`s knowledge. Regardless of who is to blame, it doesn`t change the fact that in my reality everyone who does not meet those requriements is a lost cause to me/mankind.

I > You.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Is he drunk, high or insane

Is he drunk, high or insane when he posts? Raised Brow


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Is he

MattShizzle wrote:
Is he drunk, high or insane when he posts? Raised Brow

 I want some of that stuff, wow man.

I can be so hypocritical of myself, make so idiotic posts on a fourm, yet feel good. I'll be so high, I'll be an atheist and a theist. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.