Lets condemn ourselves a little bit more

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

I have made one post here, and well, I'm nobody stellar when it comes to the debating or discussion thing, I do find the whole thing interesting though, I decided just that I would make my first topic (one of very few, I don't make them much) should be a bit of fun, I worry a bit that this idea has already been done here, but it can be deleted anyway:
(I did bother doing a search beforehand)

Lets deny the holy spirit! (BTW, I spell checked with MS word, and they wanted to capitalize the H and S)

Anyone who wants to, just post the fact that you deny the holy spirit for the sheer heck of it, just to have it there, written in the fabric of cyber-space, thus making it completely pointless for any christian to try and convert you. Would that ever work on door-to-door salestheists? If you just start with that sentence, there really isn?t any point for them to hang around or try again.

I'll go first:

I deny the holy spirit. I also think its poo, fake poo. Smiling

Oh, BTW, where were my manners? Hello everyone, I like what you are doign so far.

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline

I'm saving that cherry for Ray Comfort.

CynageN
User is offlineOffline

I didn't realize you could deny a non existant thing, let alone accept it.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

I deny the mother fucking non-existent Holy Spirit.

Here is a clip of Flemming with me and my RRS partners denying the Holy Spirit in our first show:
http://www.rationalresponders.com/media/RRSDeniesHolySpirit.mp3

Atheist
User is offlineOffline

The Holy Spirit whoooo...?!? lol!

Brian
User is offlineOffline

I deny the wholely spit.

I deny that Santa is real and put "spirits" rightly in the non-existant catigory.

So, I deny the holy spirit.

I did think that, and I did type it. Eye-wink

[b]FREETHOUGHT MEDIA AND INFIDEL GUY BRING YOU LOTS OF NEW RADIO HOSTS THE RATIONAL REDNECK,RATIONAL RESPONDERS, SILKY SHREW, BIBLE GEEK, OLD TIME ATHEIST HOUR AND MUCH MUCH MORE, BUY THEIR SHOWS AND DONATE TO ALL THESE SITES, HELP SPREAD THE VOICE OF RE

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Booooo! I'm The Hoyl Spirit! BOOoooOOOooOOO! You're all going to hell no matter what now! Laughing out loud

I don't believe in spirits. Holy or otherwise. Unless you're talking about the beverage kind.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Booooo! I'm The Hoyl Spirit! BOOoooOOOooOOO! You're all going to hell no matter what now! Laughing out loud

I don't believe in spirits. Holy or otherwise. Unless you're talking about the beverage kind.

I believe in Jack Daniels.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Nick
User is offlineOffline

I denied the holy spirit on video. Check out my war on easter stuff. Cool

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

I deny the existence of the magic birdie, and his partner, the creepy ghost.

natto_the_sane
User is offlineOffline

Deny the holy thingy? YEP! Me too! :smt096

...silly, silly idea. The CofE kinda gloss over the ghosty - I think they're a bit embarrassed by it... :oops: the father, the son & erm.. the 'other one'.

Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind. ~ Virginia Woolf 1928.

Matt-Evolved
Matt-Evolved's picture
User is offlineOffline

By denying the unexistant, are we accepting it as reality? Hmmm... either way I'm in on the denial.

Just say no to the holy spirit!

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." -

GuentherBacon
Rational VIP!
GuentherBacon's picture
User is offlineOffline

I d3nii t3h h0ly $pir1t!!111!!11

I'm kidding. Smiling

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

I'm wondering if its because of such threats about blaspheming the holy spirit, that only "God" and "Jesus" get to be in swear words. We need to construct an expletive which includes the holy spirit/ghost/bird.

Holy fucking spirit, tom! What'd you do that for?

Holy titty-fucking ghost!

or smth...

suggestions? The more blasphemous the better Eye-wink

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

jkorath wrote:

Holy mother of fucking spiritic virginity!

Fucking Holy spirit of cuntiness!

Spirit damnit!

Also, expletives often have a lot more to do with how you say them. For example when you scream "Jesus Christ!" it's an expletive. So, I suggest, a simple stubbing of the foot, yelp a "HOLY SPIRIT!"

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

From the all things GDON thread, Gdon states this is his preferred interpretation of the blasphemy of Holy Spirit passages:

gdon wrote:

My interpretation is pretty standard. Here are 3 websites' evaluation on what Jesus meant. The first is an atheist website. Note that it refers to what "many Christians today argue" regarding the meaning:

http://atheism.about.com/od/biblegospelofmark/a/mark03d.htm

"This, in turn, leads us to one of the less generous comments that Jesus is described as making in the various gospel stories: there exists a sin so horrible that it cannot be forgiven. This is, of course, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. But just what constitutes such blasphemy? Many Christians today argue that it means saying that Jesus? powers were derived from demons or simply equating Jesus with Satan.

That interpretation isn?t mandated by the text, but it is possible. A broader interpretation argues that the sin doesn?t lie in attributing Jesus? power to demons but the inability to properly distinguish good from evil or God from Satan."

http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/1999/june14/9t7082.html

"In Mark, Jesus' saying regarding the "eternal sin" follows the scribes' charge that Jesus casts out demons by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons. They deny Jesus' claim that his power to cast out demons is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit, that is, of the very power of God. In this context, then, Jesus uses blasphemy of the Holy Spirit to mean attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the power of Satan."

http://www.kencollins.com/bible-d1.htm

"If Jesus is casting out demons by the power of the Holy Spirit, but the Pharisees slander the Holy Spirit by trying to make people think the Holy Spirit is Satan, then they are clearly blaspheming against the Holy Spirit."

As I said, I'll leave you to your interpretation that it includes denying the existence of the Holy Spirit.

Well with that said, here is a special revision interpretation specifically to mock Gdons interpretation:

The holy spirit is Satan!

All things that the holy spirit were said to have done were really the work of Satan!

Jesus is actually Satan and is not the son of god!

And one last one, we'll call the Satanic wager:

How do you know that it isn't Satan that has tricked you into believing the biblical story and that it's actually Satan that inspired the entire story?

qwak
User is offlineOffline

i deny everything.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
jkorath wrote:

Holy mother of fucking spiritic virginity!

Fucking Holy spirit of cuntiness!

Spirit damnit!

Also, expletives often have a lot more to do with how you say them. For example when you scream "Jesus Christ!" it's an expletive. So, I suggest, a simple stubbing of the foot, yelp a "HOLY SPIRIT!"

Holy Shit-Swallowing Spirit Batman!
Holy Sperm-Swapping Spirit Batman!
Holy Semen-Stained Spirit Batman!
I couldent help myself, I had to add the batman part in at the end.
And err, I didn't think any kind of serious would of been included in this thread. Smiling

-----------------------

Brian
User is offlineOffline

I deny the holy spirit. Cool

Atheist_Scathe
User is offlineOffline
Into (non-existent) perdition!

Oh what the fuck, I'm a metalhead :smt020 so here I go:

Fuck Jesus, fuck god the Father and his limp dick ego, fuck the holy spirit bird. Fuck the entire goddam Mega-Pixie cult that's enslaved so many minds and distracted humanity from cultivating our assets and strengths and honestly and accurately assessing these in the light of a purely temporal existence. Fuck the religion of subordination and damnation that turns autonomous, unique, creative and powerful individual potentialities into grist for the mill of a tyrannical, diabolical, obscurantist and patently sadistic system of reward and punishment, a theodicy that subordinates our concerns in this REAL life to the vagaries of reward or punishment in the nebulous promised afterlife in order to secure the credalistic, adulatory praises that the fucking egomaniacal Mega-Pixie craves.

shorty
User is offlineOffline

the holy spirit is satan who else would make you interperet the bible into dim-witted fascist piece of shit writing that it really is

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline

What happens if you deny denying the holy spirit?

I'd deny the holy spirit, but she's too damned sexy and I just can't get enough of her.

Oh, but fuck Jesus and his Christ. Even if he existed he's not worthy of bruised knees.

(I'm sure he'd have fucked the holy spirit too, that slut)

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

ShaunPhilly wrote:
What happens if you deny denying the holy spirit?

Christians wouldent treat you like a condemned heathen that cannot be saved?

-----------------------

qwak
User is offlineOffline

this thread reminds me, if any of you see jesus, remind him that he owes me $50

shedevil
User is offlineOffline

So let me get this straight, I rape children, cover it up, murder, steal, lie and cheat the poor, yet I?ll be saved if I accept Jesus as my savior before I die. But, if I ?deny the holy spirit?, whatever the hell that means, then I?m damned to hell?!?!?

Yeah, let?s make this official, I deny the holy spirit.

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline

shedevil wrote:
So let me get this straight, I rape children, cover it up, murder, steal, lie and cheat the poor, yet I?ll be saved if I accept Jesus as my savior before I die. But, if I ?deny the holy spirit?, whatever the hell that means, then I?m damned to hell?!?!?

Yeah, let?s make this official, I deny the holy spirit.

That's the deal alright.

I deny the holy spirit. Even if you have any kind of evidence.

The Emptiness of Theology
-- Richard Dawkins

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Abandoned_Mind wrote:

Oh, now that's ballsy. You go boy.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

I deny the holy spigot, er, spirit! Laughing out loud

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
Abandoned_Mind wrote:

Oh, now that's ballsy. You go boy.

No, not ballsy, honest - I'm with you, my friend.

Honestly, If God could be proven to exist, would you worship him, would you love him?

Would you love the monster who sent the Boxing Day tsunami, who sent Katrina, who gave us HIV, who gave us breast cancer, who is so petty that he would torture you for all eternity for simply denying him?

Even IF I acknowledged such a being, I would not love him, I may fear him, but then I'm only human.

Let's be honest, you, me, every being on earth, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Ted Bundy - all more moral than God.

Why you ask? What they did was finite.

God created hell, eternal torture for finite "sins". Why would a loving being do that?

God chooses to send his beloved creation to hell for violating finite rules in thier finite lives. Rules he KNEW they would violate, if He is in fact omnicient. If that's the case, God creates many of us for the sole purpose of torturing us.

Ack, I could honestly drone on forever about how an omnicient, omnipotent and loving God is impossible to recocile with the eternal torture of hell, or even more laughably the excuse of "free will", but I won't.

You get the point.

So go ahead, prove to me there is a God, more likely than not, I'll still want nothing to do with that monster. Just send me to hell with the rest of the decent people.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:

Holy Shit-Swallowing Spirit Batman!
Holy Sperm-Swapping Spirit Batman!
Holy Semen-Stained Spirit Batman!
I couldent help myself, I had to add the batman part in at the end.
And err, I didn't think any kind of serious would of been included in this thread. Smiling

Blasphemy!!!

How could you soil the name of our Saviour, Batman?!!!

you will burn for your sins you sinning sinner guy!!!

hehe this is fun . . .
:smt024

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline

I don't believe in things that can't be proven to exist, so yes, I deny the holy spook.

The Holy Ghost - from the website The Brick Testment
http://thebricktestament.com/the_life_of_jesus/jesus_is_born_02/lk01_35.html

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:For some

This comment has been moved here.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:For some

MattShizzle wrote:
For some reason I thought we had a thread like this here already. I know there was going to be something where we'd answer some questions and do this anyway in order to have access to a "special" area. Anyway, here goes:

I deny the Holy Spirit.

I deny Christ and the holy spirit. If all that superstitious jazz were real then I declair that Jesus performed his works through Satan. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit must have been Satin all along! An evil dimensional being playing tricks. Scripture prettty much makes that evident.....THAT IS if the bible were not just fables.

LOL.

Besides heaven would be hell with the knowlede that people are being tortured for all eternity just because they did not believe...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Dare to deny the Holy Spirit.

For some reason I thought we had a thread like this here already. I know there was going to be something where we'd answer some questions and do this anyway in order to have access to a "special" area. Anyway, here goes:

I deny the Holy Spirit.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I am unable to acknowledge

I am unable to acknowledge the holy motha fukin spirit due to my heathen lack of faith. Evil