Hello All, Very Happy to be Here

murtad
User is offlineOffline
Hello All, Very Happy to be Here

Hello fellow Athiests!

First of all, a little about me. If you know anything about Islam or Arabic, you wil see my nickname is Murtad or in english; former Muslim, Yes, I was born and raised a Muslim and my parents are really hardcore Islamists. I left the religion after 2 years of very painful soul searching, but i am happy to have found the truth. Believe it or not, i almost lost my life because of my change of faiths. I still hide it from people I know.

Also, I am a US Marine (once a Marine, always a Marine OORAH!), and I was an 0311 Infantry Riffleman. However, I left the Corps after I found out I coudn't support this War in Iraq. I lost a dear friend and this makes this war very personal.

Anyway, enough with politics. I am really happy to have found y'all. I even donated the last bit of money I had in my bank account (3 dollars Smiling i'm sorry, i'll give some more).

I hope to have a good time here, and once again HELLO!

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. *waves* Good to

Welcome. *waves*
Good to have you here.
A marine? WOW. That's really cool, and you are probably pretty brave, both for joining, and for being strong enough to leave based on your principles.
Condolences on the loss of your friend. I'm very sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately, I DO believe that you almost lost your life over your lack of faith. I'm aware of the Muslim position on apostasy.

Anyway, pull up a chair, wade into some threads.
Good to have you here.

P.S. We could have used you on here a few months ago in a few debates with a guy named ALMAHAMAH. Laughing out loud

Voided
User is offlineOffline
welcome murtad, I think your

welcome murtad, I think your angle will add much flavor to the forum Smiling

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to you! Lots of

Welcome to you!

Lots of apostates here, but not many former Muslims, so I hope you post often and provide some perspective from that angle.

Hope you enjoy the forums and the show.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hello murtad. Glamour Kat

Hello murtad. Glamour Kat beat me to it but I was going to say the same thing about debating a certain devout muslim. That would've been interesting.
I was in the navy during the clinton admin. I never lost anyone close but seen enough of the pro-war attitude that I couldn't wait to get out.
Well, hope you like it here. Smiling

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard Murtad, and I

Welcome aboard Murtad, and I echo the sentiments of others that we need your knowledge of Islam around these parts. Please keep active here.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.

murtad
User is offlineOffline
Thank you all for being so

Thank you all for being so very gracious, i do indeed hope to contribute to this movement.

Now, here is the sad truth about debating Muslims. Debating extremely devout Muslims is as fruitless as debating a rock. Muslims are so afraid of thier god "Allah" that even the tiniest bit of questioning is enough to damn them to hell, or it even might cost thier lives here on earth. I dont know the style of debating the fellow you are talking about used, however Muslims generally are aggressive, repetitive, ignore what they dont want to hear, and sometimes vulgar. And I understand why they are that way because I was aggressive and downright vulgar when I first came into contact with athiests. It helps you shake off the truth by cussing out the accusers.

You see, Islam is really easy to refute. Muslims believe that the Quran and Hadiths (sayings of Mohammed) are completely infallible, therefore when you show them the contradictions and errors and what not in the Quran, they MUST conclude that either 1) Mohammed was wrong which means Islam is wrong, or 2)Allah was wrong which means Allah dosn't exist because he is supposed to be All Knowing. Luckily for us, the Quran is extremely inconsistant, as well as very contradictive. And on top of that, you will find many fallacies in the Hadiths (another source in which Islamic teachings and laws are derived from). So, the best way to "enlighten" a Muslim is to shove the truth in thier faces. The "go soft" approach dosn't work with Muslims, trust me; I know this. If someone went "soft" on me when I was a Muslim, I would've tore them apart. Usually, the best way in attacking the Muslim faith is by exposing those errors.

I dont know much about debating other theists (Christians, Jews, etc) however I can imagine it is diffucult because the philosophies of other theistic religions can be bent, instead of Islam in which if Mohammed is wrong, or the Quran is wrong the Muslim has no choice but to apostate. So I would be very much interested in finding out how to exactly debate a Christian for example.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has commented!

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!