User is offlineOffline

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait for it... "See, I told

Wait for it...

"See, I told you that atheism is a religion!"

It's inevitable. Somebody's going to say it. You can't stop it.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's a much better 10

It's a much better 10 Commandments than the ones Christians want us to follow.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Susan wrote: I like the

Susan wrote:

I like the concept but it needs tweeking.

If we dont like being dictated to and we like bitching about others then we, as much as we dont like it must allow them to bitch back.

Bitching doesnt mean hate, it just means we wish people wouldnt do the things they are doing. Bitching is natural, we all do it and it shouldnt be supressed.

I think that self awarness is the key. It is much like when a loved family member does something really bone headed and you shout, "You f-ing moron!" You dont really hate them, but you should be allowed to bitch.

So when a Christian says I am going to hell certainly their logic pisses me off and their attempt to demonize me does, but that does not mean that all Christians are unwilling to treat me as equal simply because they dissagree.

I'd like to see humanity get to the point where religion was treated like a sports bar trash talk over a game and beer. Both sides fuss and bitch but in the end we all have good time knowing that the other is just as human as the rival.

I have confidence in myself and my postion, so I dont need to use goverment to dictate to others anymore than I'd want them to dictate to me.

I like the theme of suggesting that priorties need to be changed. But they too, are going to want to bitch and I support that. Not because I agree, but because I know what it is like to want to bitch myself.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
I like them. Good start.

I like them. Good start. I'm not sure about the grammar, though. This is off the top of my head. I'm far too lazy to look it up.

1. Shouldn't "thee art told" be "thou art told," with the subject "thou" at the head of the passive voice construction?

2. Shouldn't the basic form of the verb follow "shalt." In other words, the -eth ending is required for the present indicative, but where "shalt" performs that function then isn't it just like the construction "you shall constantly seek."?

As we all know from History of the World Part I, there were actually fifteen commandments. Historians have speculated as to the text of the lost commandments. The Tooth Fairy has revealed the true text of the last five Commandments to me:

XI. The Lord is kind and merciful, but is also sick to the point of nausea at your constant whining and bickering. Six days may ye pester the Lord, but on the seventh day the Lord resteth. Thou shalt not bug the Lord on His day off.

XII. Thou shalt not shave a gorilla, paint him, dress him in fine raiment, and attempt to teach him to perform calculations during any month with an "r" in the name thereof.

XIII. "I" before "e" except after "c" or when sounding like "a" as in "neighbor" or "weigh."

XIV. Thou shalt not involve me in politics. It maketh Me want to vomit.

XV. April Fools.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
This just brought to mind a

This just brought to mind a sketch on the show Robot Chicken entitled "Dicks With Time Machines"... there's a funny little bit about the Ten Commandments in there.