Privatized prisons: Justice by Jesus!

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Privatized prisons: Justice by Jesus!

The religious right still has its claws firmly sunk into American society, as shown by this still-extant practice of the waning Bush era.

...Faith-Based Initiatives, or as I like to call them, "Unconstitutional."

Hey, if an all-powerful god were out there to teach people moral behavior, how'd they turn into criminals in the first place?

Puzzled

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Aren't they ever going to

Aren't they ever going to learn? Sad

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Back in my xtian days, I

Back in my xtian days, I used to play the piano for church services at a drug rehab place out in the woods in lower Alabama. It was a xtian run place where they wouldn't say you were cured of your drug abuse until you became saved. Oddly enough, the people who converted to Christianity while in the program had a really high rate of "success."

The kicker to the story is that the rate of recidivism (sp?) was also through the roof, since the "cure" didn't involve much besides accepting Jesus. Once they got out into the world again, they would relapse, and instead of taking responsibility for themselves, they would say they were helpless and what they needed was more Jesus.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very sad: essentially just

Very sad: essentially just wishing the problem away, instead of becoming aware of its causes and directly addressing them. Then they could be mentally as well as physically healthier, but of course, the church has to step in and steal the credit...

Sad