'Atheism causes mass murder': right-wing writer puts head up own ass

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
'Atheism causes mass murder': right-wing writer puts head up own ass

Hoooo crap. Look at this bullshit.

(And a discussion on it, elsewhere.)

Head Bash

This D'Souza jerk is a darling of the Rush Limbaugh show and others on the neo-conservative circuit.

Figures.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
D'Souza seems to be dancing

D'Souza seems to be dancing around a vital point... even if such conflicts are not purely motivated by religion, religious belief stills plays a vital role in the mentality of those engaged in the conflict.

They not only believe that god supports their political agenda, but they expect to be rewarded in the afterlife for fighting in these conflicts. Would so many of these soldiers lay down their lives otherwise?

I am quite certain that the removal of "faith" from these conflicts would certainly serve to diminish hostilites.

I'm tired of idiots like D'Souza distorting the words of atheists. I don't think any of us actually believe that ending religion would bring an end to war. It would, however, be a serious step in the right direction.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
D'Souza and his kind are

D'Souza and his kind are just doing the old playground "no I'm not, you are" back and forth.

FundamentallyFlawed
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
D'Souza and his kind are just doing the old playground "no I'm not, you are" back and forth.

No they're not... YOU ARE!!!!!

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
FundamentallyFlawed

FundamentallyFlawed wrote:

nuh-uh

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

nuh-uh

Cut it out, you kids. Don't make me turn this car around...

I read this article earlier today. What a great big steamy pile of maggoty covered bile coated horseshit floating in a port-a-john at an outdoor concert it is. Are people this delluded really allowed to be journalists? Oh, wait....Fox News....my bad....

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Something I noticed in the

Something I noticed in the article was that he did not attribute a great deal of wars to religion because the fight was over something other than belief. Yet, he attributes those who died within the communist system as a death relating to atheism. But he fails to show how atheism was directly related to their deaths. I would counter that most of the deaths that occured within those communist states were driven by political disent, it had nothing to do with Atheism.

FundamentallyFlawed
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception wrote:I

ImmaculateDeception wrote:
I read this article earlier today. What a great big steamy pile of maggoty covered bile coated horseshit floating in a port-a-john at an outdoor concert it is. Are people this delluded really allowed to be journalists? Oh, wait....Fox News....my bad....

You seem a little a wound-up and bitter there, dude...

You need to get your aura massaged.

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
FundamentallyFlawed

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

You seem a little a wound-up and bitter there, dude...

You need to get your aura massaged.

Haha thanks, I'll try and find those two wack-jobs later. Maybe they'll have peanuts again

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
FundamentallyFlawed

D'Souza seems to be dancing around a vital point... even if such conflicts are not purely motivated by religion, religious belief stills plays a vital role in the mentality of those engaged in the conflict.

Precisely, that's just one of the deceptive points he makes... the sort of deceptive piont that can only fool uncritical thinking dogmatists......

I discuss this in more detail on atheistforums:

http://www.atheistforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=587&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got permanently banned,

I got permanently banned, today, from a Mac computers forum, which had a sub forum on religion and politics.

I was sick of all the theists using , 'true christian', 'real christain', 'Hitler was an atheist', 'atheists have killed more in war..Stalin..Moaist'.

What got me the most was the theists denying the current wars in Sri Lanka, Palestine, Kashmir, et cetera which have killed millions in the past 12 years.

After posting proof, like pictures of Hitler with the pope, and quotes of his religious position. The theists would say something jackass like, 'he acted like an atheist...'

I got sick of it, and started calling all christians bigots, and all muslims piles of shit. Because they are. Smiling <--- joking

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That is idiotic. We could

That is idiotic. We could just as easily deny that Stalin was an atheist - point out all the irrational things he believed and say "he acted like a Christian." Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
neon wrote:Hoooo crap. Look

neon wrote:
Hoooo crap. Look at this bullshit.

(And a discussion on it, elsewhere.)

Head Bash

This D'Souza jerk is a darling of the Rush Limbaugh show and others on the neo-conservative circuit.

Figures.

That neocon had the nerve to say that he is fair that he invited Dawkins to a debate. Anyone care to guess what network ........I'll give you a hint.....starts with a F and ends with a UNDY!

He says that Dawkins wont accept. DUH DIPSHIT! Dawkins is too smart to walk into an ambush.

I challenged this coward to try it on our turf here. Easy to talk smack when you hide behind someone's skirt.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins already

Richard Dawkins already explained he doesn't do debates at all, and why.

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Richard

MattShizzle wrote:
Richard Dawkins already explained he doesn't do debates at all, and why.

I can understand why. One atheist user on Mac Rumors Forum pointed out: 'you can't use logic, science, or evidence to convince or change minds of the ignorant illogical faithful.'

Well, I take that with a grain of salt.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Debate is pointless if your

Debate is pointless if your opponent is ignorant. Then it turns into remedial teaching... for free.

The key strength of a religious debater is his ignorance of the subjects he debates..... free from facts, he can hold to whatever belief he likes....

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

FundamentallyFlawed
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:That is

MattShizzle wrote:
That is idiotic. We could just as easily deny that Stalin was an atheist - point out all the irrational things he believed and say "he acted like a Christian." :lol:

I think theists miss a major point when they mention that men like Stalin were atheists.

While the Soviet Union officially denounced religion, the nationalistic fervor they encouraged was very much a sort of fundamentalist religion. Blind devotion to one's state is no different than blind devotion to a god. It plays on the same emotional needs of the human psyche.

Just because the concept of a supernatural deity is removed, it does not automatically make a liberal, free-thinking society.