Richard Dawkins and Gary Lee

Nancy Bustamante
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins and Gary Lee

I looked at Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion of Theism," and Gary Lee's "The Holistic Mystics," then I saw your evil website and discovered your bad mouthing faith. Stop sinning and live like you don't have much time left on earth - then you will see the truth through their sad pack of lies. Repent now , abandon your life of sin and falseness to see the TRUTH that is God-Jesus, Belief, faith, real love, the laws and word of God- the holy bible - the path to heaven, escaping Hell-and all of its torture. This is FAIR WARNING!!

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nancy,

Nancy,
Glad to have you here. It is people with irrational beliefs like yours that compel us to be here. Friends don't let friends live lifes of delusions.

I think that all of us are very familiar with the arguments from your side. Spend a little tme here and learn ours. It may change your life for the better.

I have a couple of questions for you:
1. What do you teach?
2. Are you employed by the Catholic Church?

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Nancy Bustamante wrote:live

Nancy Bustamante wrote:
live like you don't have much time left on
earth

I already do that. I live every day as if it's my last, since in reality I really don't have much time left. For my claim, I have evidence, for yours, I have guesses.

Quote:
Repent now , abandon your life of sin and falseness to see the TRUTH that is God-Jesus, Belief, faith, real love, the laws and word of God- the holy bible - the path to heaven, escaping Hell-and all of its torture. This is FAIR WARNING!!

Thanks for the warning but I overcame superstitions quite some time ago. I see no difference between Santa belief and God belief, with the exception that there is a little more evidence for Santa.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
She should repent to the

She should repent to the Flying Spaghetti Monster so she can go to the Heaven with a beer volcano and stripper factory (instead of Antarctica or the Pastafarian Hell - which is kinda like the heaven except the beer is sour and the strippers all have VD.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:She should

MattShizzle wrote:
She should repent to the Flying Spaghetti Monster so she can go to the Heaven with a beer volcano and stripper factory (instead of Antarctica or the Pastafarian Hell - which is kinda like the heaven except the beer is sour and the strippers all have VD.)

Translation for Nancy: There is no difference between what you believe and believing that you need to repent to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Nancy Bustamante wrote:I

Nancy Bustamante wrote:
I looked at Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion of Theism," and Gary Lee's "The Holistic Mystics," then I saw your evil website and discovered your bad mouthing faith. Stop sinning and live like you don't have much time left on earth - then you will see the truth through their sad pack of lies. Repent now , abandon your life of sin and falseness to see the TRUTH that is God-Jesus, Belief, faith, real love, the laws and word of God- the holy bible - the path to heaven, escaping Hell-and all of its torture. This is FAIR WARNING!!

Dear Nancy,
Now this is precisely what gets me. This is an "evil" website, while you believe in the faith that will send me to a fiery hell to burn over and over for eternity? Your faith is absurd, contradicting and dangerous.
"This is FAIR WARNING!!" Well, who the HELL are you? Fuck you, Nancy.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nancy Bustamante wrote:
I looked at Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion of Theism," and Gary Lee's "The Holistic Mystics," then I saw your evil website and discovered your bad mouthing faith.

There's no need to badmouth faith. All we have to do is expose it for what it is: belief without rational justification.

However, I'm fully aware that this comes off as badmouthing to a person who's deluded herself about what 'faith' actually is...

Quote:

Stop sinning and live like you don't have much time left on earth - then you will see the truth through their sad pack of lies. Repent now , abandon your life of sin and falseness to see the TRUTH that is God-Jesus, Belief, faith, real love, the laws and word of God- the holy bible - the path to heaven, escaping Hell-and all of its torture. This is FAIR WARNING!!

I'm betting that this was a troll, no functioning adult could be serious about that....

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nancy Bustamante wrote:

Nancy,
Actually you don't have much time on earth, so why spend it believing in 2000 year old fairy tales. I'm sorry you feel your life seems to have a huge hole that needs to be filled with fear, loathing and hatred of all things rational.
As for your "fair warning", save it for your death bed, when you come to realize that you wasted an entire life, (the only one you had, btw) on some silly little superstition.
Have a nice day.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nancy, I think that if you

Nancy,

I think that if you analyse your life and realize the beaty of this world without worrying about what happens to you after you die, you may come to a realization that your life is worth much more than what your superstitious beliefs give you credit for.

There is no evidence for god, none, so why waste our precious time here on earth killing each other over him/her/it?

We are not "evil" as evil does not exist supernaturally. However, evil are your church leaders and your bible..pedophiles, thieves, warmongers, haters, decievers; those are the people whom are evil. Not us. What we do is try to free you by attempting to break your mental shackles; in the hopes that you can wake up and free yourself from a superstition that is dangerous for not only yourself but for the rest of us, caught in the middle of your religious wars and hate. We are not here to demean any you, we are here to wake you up, to spread the word that morality is not bounded by superstition.

We offer you an atheist morality which is based on rational thought, critical thinking, and self reliance. A morality which works towards spreading peace, not war. Love not hate. Inclusiveness, not exclusivenss. A morality that functions much more efficiently and honestly than religious morality. We offer you the insight to a morality that is not bound by dogma, not bound by a book, but by education, reality and rationality.

Hear us out, and you'll see that you've been living a lie, you've been wasting your money. Religion has become a product of capitalism, it makes people rich and you've been fooled. And we are sorry for that. That is why we try to reach out to you in the hopes that you stop funding hate, war, exclusiveness and nationalistic pride, but rather work towards saving this earth, all of it, if not for yourself, then for your children and your children's children.

Stick around here, browse around and you'll see we are not evil at all, yet we are more of what your jesus was supposed to have represented in the first place...we are revolutionaries for the betterment of mankind.
thanks
Left of Larry

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead wrote:

Well, who the HELL are you? Fuck you, Nancy.

I know it's frustrating when we get called evil and satan worshippers and what not, but I do think that we need to be the bigger ones here and try to refrain from personal attacks. It will serve our message better if we do not come across so bitter. Unless personally attacked first, I recommend destroying their arguments with facts and just simple argumentation. After all, it's not hard to do. Eye-wink

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think it's Martha

I don't think it's Martha who has to apologize. I hate this bend-over-backwards attitude that some people have, that if someone attacks you, you have to go out of your way to be nice to them. What is that for? What is this, the Girl Scouts? I don't blame the victim.

And I'm deeply glad I no longer believe in the OP's god of torture. So much for forgiveness, eh? You've got to be burned forever and ever, while demons work you over like Spanish Inquisition rejects. And she looks forward to that happening to people, just because they don't share her religion. Makes Hitler look like a piker.

User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry

LeftofLarry wrote:

I know it's frustrating when we get called evil and satan worshippers and what not, but I do think that we need to be the bigger ones here and try to refrain from personal attacks. It will serve our message better if we do not come across so bitter. Unless personally attacked first, I recommend destroying their arguments with facts and just simple argumentation. After all, it's not hard to do. Eye-wink

It's funny you point this out because I read your post earlier and wanted to write that was what I wish I had said. I also wanted to add earlier that I acted out of anger. I didn't have time then but now I do. Thanks for setting it straight because I really do want to be the bigger one here. It's just that my dad used to beat the crap out of me whilst quoting the bible and I guess I get too emotional sometimes when told that what I am is "evil". I will try to refrain from that from now on. Peace

User is offlineOffline
neon wrote:I don't think

neon wrote:
I don't think it's Martha who has to apologize. I hate this bend-over-backwards attitude that some people have, that if someone attacks you, you have to go out of your way to be nice to them. What is that for? What is this, the Girl Scouts? I don't blame the victim.

And I'm deeply glad I no longer believe in the OP's god of torture. So much for forgiveness, eh? You've got to be burned forever and ever, while demons work you over like Spanish Inquisition rejects. And she looks forward to that happening to people, just because they don't share her religion. Makes Hitler look like a piker.

Thanks for this. I can see using intelligent debate and remaining calm but sometimes I feel like a good ol' FU is in order, you know?

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please leave our planet

Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear that your visit to our planet was so distressing; it must have taken a long time to get here. Perhaps you are experiencing interstellar space lag. But if you really are unhappy being here, the best policy would be to launch yourself back into outer space.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
doublepost

doublepost

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Looks like were the victims

Looks like were the victims of another drive by xian. They come here, post some absurd, irrational message, hurl insults at everyone and "drive" off. They don't even have the courage (intelligence?) to defend their remarks.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, that guy did that a

Yeah, that guy did that a few days ago with 3 posts and never came back. Isn't their god powerful enough to even protect them from the embarassment of looking like an ass on a website?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Yeah, that

MattShizzle wrote:
Yeah, that guy did that a few days ago with 3 posts and never came back. Isn't their god powerful enough to even protect them from the embarassment of looking like an ass on a website?

Obviously not.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Can't be too powerful if you

Can't be too powerful if you don't exist!

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nancy displays the classic

Nancy displays the classic signs and symptoms of a good brain gone bad (infected with an irrational meme). Please visit the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science at:
http://richarddawkins.net/foundation,ourMission
and watch the video or read the transcript.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Nancy Bustamante
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Randall

Yes, you make me feel welcome here. I teach English at the middle school level at a Catholic institution. I will read more and try to keep as open as I can, which is difficult. I am now on Gary Lee's third chapter, and am learning a bit as it is presented in a humor and warmth. I do appreciate your warmth.

Nancy

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Glad to hear that. You seem

Glad to hear that. You seem way more rational than originally.

User is offlineOffline
Nancy Bustamante wrote:Yes,

Nancy Bustamante wrote:
Yes, you make me feel welcome here. I teach English at the middle school level at a Catholic institution. I will read more and try to keep as open as I can, which is difficult. I am now on Gary Lee's third chapter, and am learning a bit as it is presented in a humor and warmth. I do appreciate your warmth.

Nancy

Shocked Sorry for assuming you were completely irrational. I hope to hear of your findings. Peace

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nancy, Glad to hear that

Nancy,
Glad to hear that you're back.
You told us to stop sinning. Sin is a purely religious idea, i.e.- breaking a god(s) law. If no god exists, there can be no god(s) law therefore no sin can be committed. Want to offer proof of a god to us?

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

LeftofLarry wrote:

It's funny you point this out because I read your post earlier and wanted to write that was what I wish I had said. I also wanted to add earlier that I acted out of anger. I didn't have time then but now I do. Thanks for setting it straight because I really do want to be the bigger one here. It's just that my dad used to beat the crap out of me whilst quoting the bible and I guess I get too emotional sometimes when told that what I am is "evil". I will try to refrain from that from now on. Peace

I know...it's rough....and sorry about what happened to you wiht your father. I loose my patience sometimes too. But the best way to get at irrational people is to keep throwing rationality with cool and calm...that gets them everytime..hahah then they are the ones that in turn degenerate into name calling, at which point you know you won. Smiling cheers.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
neon wrote:I don't think

neon wrote:

I never said anyone has to apologize, I just think that we'll get further by rational debate than by name calling. Once you tell someone to fuck off. conversation is pretty much over. I think we all have to stop for a minute and think, that hey, these people think they are doing us a favor. We have to respond rationally not emotionally no matter how hard that is to do. I truly believe it will have much more of an effect. I'm not saying go out of the way to be nice, I"m saying, keep your responses postured, and rational, not emotional. AFter all personal attacks are against board rules.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
You guys don't nearly have

You guys don't nearly have enough theists here.

Theist who started this thread: the fact that we persist despite the threat of eternal damnation should hint at how poor the argument for theism is.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nancy, I appreciate the fact

Nancy,

I appreciate the fact that you're open to new ideas. Something I'd like you to consider: A vast majority of the people on these boards are former Christians, myself included. The reason we left is that through some catalyst or another, we applied the exact same criteria to the god concept as we do to everything else in life, and found the god concept to be utterly without evidence.

It is, as many theologians will say, impossible to prove that god doesn't exist. But let me ask you this. Do unicorns exist? No. They don't, and we know that even though we can't prove it. The overwhelming LACK of evidence that a thing exists IS evidence that the thing does not exist. Science would grind to a screeching halt if we were required to disprove everything that doesn't exist! Can you even imagine?

I encourage you to stay on these boards for a while, even if you just lurk. The truth is, we have heard virtually every defense of the god concept, and we can, through logic and science, defeat each and every one of them. Since you're a teacher, surely you can see the value of people who are honest and brave enough to fly in the face of the masses, when the masses are clearly wrong. Galileo comes to mind. Copernicus... You see my point. Just because there's a well established tradition of believing in a thing, it doesn't follow that the thing exists.

Keep your mind open, Nancy! Feel free to ask questions of us. We really are nice, even if from time to time we get aggravated when people's minds are closed. If we didn't care about other people, we could definitely find other things to do than pat ourselves on the back for not believing in a thing that doesn't exist. These boards are here for you.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nancy Bustamante wrote:

This post sounds so angry to me.

Nancy, why does it anger you that there are opposing beliefs? That's the same anger that has caused religious persecution throughout the years.

By the way, I don't think an English teacher would make the mistake of writing "discovered your bad mouthing faith" when it should have been "discovered you're bad mouthing faith."

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: By the way, I

Susan wrote:

By the way, I don't think an English teacher would make the mistake of writing "discovered your bad mouthing faith" when it should have been "discovered you're bad mouthing faith."

Oh, I thought she was telling us that we had a bad mouthing faith , not that we were bad mouthing it. If I'm right, then it was simply more anger.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, what's that crackeling

Hey, what's that crackeling sound? Oh, it's just Hell freezing over as we wait for Nancy to give us a defensible argument for her rant.