Rumsfeld GONE!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rumsfeld GONE!

CNN has just confirmed that Rumsfeld is stepping down!

[Video added in by Sapient: ROTFLMAO]

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jesterspace
Jesterspace's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boo-Ya!

I was just about to post it.. We got the House, Senate is looking like it might Swing, Rumsfeld gone.. It's a glorious day!! Even Ohio is a Blue State now!

"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it possible to vote FAUX

Is it possible to vote FAUX news out of office?

This is going to be a tough couple years for the Dems. They'll have absolutely zero media support, and they've got six years of poop coming down the shitter right on to their heads.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Really? Unholy Shit!!!

Really? Unholy Shit!!!

Wait can we fix torture thing now?

EDIT: I forget an important word Head Bash

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I was just about to

Quote:
I was just about to post it.. We got the House, Senate is looking like it might Swing, Rumsfeld gone.. It's a glorious day!! Even Ohio is a Blue State now!

Oh what a great week it's been. I mentioned in my blog that so much good was happening I was just waiting for a call that Bush was being pulled out of the White House in handcuffs. Well the days that have followed that posting in my blog have not let me down.

There's too much good news to report.

The changing tide in this country, giving some power to the democrats I think illustrates the importance of speaking out, and activism. Not just RRS type activism, but even commercials like Michael J Fox endorsing Claire McCaskill played a role. She won, and so did stem cell research in MO. Arizona voted against the same sex marriage ban... good for them! Santorum is gone, this in itself is worthy of a gigantic party! More blue states, Dems get the house, probably will get the Senate!! I'm simply on cloud nine.

At least now we know we have big government (booo), with the Republicans they told us we'd have small government, and instead we had big. Not only was it big government but it was that corrupt corporate crap with billions to Dick Cheney, derrr I mean Halliburton.

YES!! THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS GAINS SOME CONTROL!

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not only is Rumsfeld gone,

Not only is Rumsfeld gone, but his replacement, Gates, served under George H W Bush, who handled the Iraq situation far better.

In other news , John Tester took Montana, meaning the Dems already have 50 seats in the senate. They will take virginia as well, seeing as the leader going into a recount wins, and seeing that no recount has ever swung as many as 7,000 votes the other way.

That means that the Dems have the house, the senate, and 28 out of 50 governors. If the Dems take the presidency in 2008, people will be asking if this is the death of the republicans as a national party....

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Christen
Christen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did anyone watch Bush's

Did anyone watch Bush's press conference? The tables have turned and he was being very defensive about it.

I find it hard to believe that Bush & Co. were so out of touch with Americans that they were actually shocked that the Reps lost the House and will most likely lose the Senate. I'd like to know what polls Bush has been looking at for the past two years. Puzzled

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
They've already lost the

They've already lost the senate, we just have to wait for the official verdict.

Bush most likely made the Rumsfeld decision prior to yesterday, I think it was timed to help reduce the feeling that Bush is out of touch and dogmatic....

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoo hooo!!!!!!

Whoo hooo!!!!!! clapping

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
if there was a god i would

if there was a god i would thank him. I gots a teacher who says that anything FAUX News says is true but if it is something making fun of the republican party then it is bad no matter how reliable the source is. He needs to have his brain checked, He was in a bad mood today cuz of losing so much.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is wonderful. However,

This is wonderful. However, I wonder why there is talk of a recount? As others have already pointed out, the margin is much too large for a recount to matter at all. Allen is just going to look like a sore loser if he does call for a recount(which seems to be the case).

Those 7,000 votes for aren't going to disappear and there is no way Allen is going to gain enough votes to topple the Democratic lead even if his count does increase. Maybe he's hoping God will do something about it?

Give it up, the Democrats have won...don't damage your party further by attempting to hold onto something that's miles away.

...actually, on second thought, bitch and whine all you want. Eye-wink

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
no recounts, it's a done

no recounts, it's a done deal....

Here's my thoughts...first off Santorum is gone. Victory... second victory...Allen from Va. is gone...HELLL YEAH. third victory. SD citiziens voted against a ban on all abortions. SD citizens, I commend you. Fourth Victory....accountability. The american voters are fed up and since the neocons can't admit wrong, the voters did it for them. Fifth Victory....some gay marriage ammendments did not pass...except in va..oh well. all in all it seems as if the country really does want to go in a different direction.

Now................

Let's see if the Dems can do good. They are, as far as I'm concerned, under a microscope.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dedicate this to Rumsfeld

I dedicate this to Rumsfeld and all the conservatives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwc2J7VYXDo

- from the democratic party

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
If only Bush was gone....

If only Bush was gone.... I'm glad to see Santorum gone (he's a nutcase), but frankly Casey isn't all that much better - he's a pro-lifer too.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Quote:he's a pro-lifer

Quote:
he's a pro-lifer too.

I prefer, anti-choice.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Good point. I fucking hated

Good point. I fucking hated his dad as governor. Still, Adolph Hitler would probably be more liberal than Santorum!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Almost wish I lived in

Almost wish I lived in Pennsylvania, just so I could see what the reaction was like. Eye-wink

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
It was like this:

It was like this:

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
What do you guys thing of

What do you guys thing of the rumors that President Bush will appoint Lieberman as the new secretary of defense. This would make his senate seat open, and a new senator would be appointed by the governor of Connecticut, a republican. This would make the vice presidents vote in the senate the tie breaker, and Bush will not have lost the Senate after all.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I just added a hilarious

I just added a hilarious video to the first post.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bjxrn wrote:What do you guys

Bjxrn wrote:
What do you guys thing of the rumors that President Bush will appoint Lieberman as the new secretary of defense. This would make his senate seat open, and a new senator would be appointed by the governor of Connecticut, a republican. This would make the vice presidents vote in the senate the tie breaker, and Bush will not have lost the Senate after all.

They have already appointed a Secretary of Defense: Gates, former CIA director during Bush 1 days. anyway, the democratic senate would never, by a million years, allow Lieberman to be secretary of defense...for many reasons. Number 1, being a betrayal of his own party. LIEberMAN is a neocon.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.