NEW USER, I'm MUSLIM !

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
NEW USER, I'm MUSLIM !

Hey everyone how you doin out there, umm that's right im a muslim Raised Brow

Don't worry about it i don't have a bomb or anything like that relax. Laughing out loud

All jokes aside, i like to discuss religion and science, because i believe strongly that my religion is verified by science.

I have material in the Quran that talks about astronomy, geology, and biology.

Anything you want to ask (even if it concerns violence) feel free to initiate a debate.

'todangst' invited me here, so let me know watsup people.

The Future of the World and the United States can be summed up in one verse:

Quran 61:9
{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quran 67:12-14 12. Verily!

Quran 67:12-14
12. Verily! Those who fear their Lord unseen (i.e. they do not see Him, nor His Punishment in the Hereafter, etc.), theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
13. And whether you keep your talk secret or disclose it, verily, He is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
14. Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything).

{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
"If you think you’re free,

"If you think you’re free, there’s no escape possible."
~Ram Dass

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able,
but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
-Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.

"You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep-seated need to believe."
-Carl Sagan

"Koranic teaching still insists that the sun moves around the earth. How can we advance when they teach things like that?"
-Taslima Nasrin

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead wrote:"If

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
"If you think you’re free, there’s no escape possible."
~Ram Dass
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus

{ "If Allah were to punish people according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily Allah has in His sight all His servants." }
(Quran 89:45)

Quote:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
-Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.

The wise as false?
Non-Muslim Scientists embraced Islam after discovering the Miracles of the Noble Quran!

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Science/scientists.html

Quote:
"You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep-seated need to believe."
-Carl Sagan

you are free to believe or not to believe.

Quote:
"Koranic teaching still insists that the sun moves around the earth. How can we advance when they teach things like that?"
-Taslima Nasrin

why dont u provide your proof if you are truthful.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote: it is free

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

it is free will, you have the ability to commit sin or righteous deeds, you have the ability to kill or not kill, to drink or not, to do almost anything.

If I have free will my actions are not predestined. You can't have it both ways.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
your actions are independent of predestination: which means you are not restricted by predestination.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Predestination is the record of what will happen before it happens. He has predestination over all things. Every living thing is PREDESTINED TO DIE. you cannot escape this.

If something is written before it happens then there is no free will. I have free will over my choices not over things that will happen to me, i.e.-I choose to cross the street (freewill) but I get shot by a drive by shooter (not free will on my part).

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
While you are alive you have the ability to chose what you want to do.

That would be free will. If it is predetermined what choice I will make then its not free will.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Simple as that. You intend on making it more complicated than it already is.

It's not complicated, either there is have free will or predestination. I don't have both! wtf

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:If I have

Randalllord wrote:
If I have free will my actions are not predestined. You can't have it both ways.

you have free will, over your own ACTIONS. you have free will over your own OPINIONS.

you do not have free will over when you will die or where (unless you intentionally commit suicide). That is predestined for you. it is already recorded.

Randalllord wrote:
If something is written before it happens then there is no free will. I have free will over my choices not over things that will happen to me, i.e.-I choose to cross the street (freewill) but I get shot by a drive by shooter (not free will on my part).

i thought this was rational responders, your acting pretty irational to me.

If something is written before it happens it DOES NOT AFFECT your free will. it does not CONFINE you to what you can and cannot do.

predestination is knowledge of the future, the unseen.

Quote:
That would be free will. If it is predetermined what choice I will make then its not free will.

you are misunderstanding the meaning of predetermined, it is already known, written. Whichever choice you pick God already knows.

First of all if you are going to argue about predestination you must assume God exists. since God exists it would only be RATIONAL THAT HE KNOWS ABOUT ALL HE CREATED: past present and future.

User is offlineOffline
almalhamah, You are

almalhamah,
You are determined to stay put in your cozy little box. Fine. I, along with the others here, only want to help. We aren't selling anything. The only thing to gain is your own self-worth. You have free will so why don't you use it and stop being a slave to a book? I know you will just respond in another manner of using scripture to answer this question, but don't bother. I am not concerned about any book. I am concerned about you. I am not another fundamentalist trying to convert you. I am trying to assist you in freeing your mind. If you were to begin the process right now of unlocking the chains of your mind you would find a fascinating world. One not ruled by any set of ideas.
As for my quotes before, it is not for me to prove. You have a computer obviously so go google it for yourself. If I did lay down the proof for you, won't you just find some way to refute it with another verse? Or try to interpret it for whatever you want it to mean?
Remember you came here looking to convert someone and/or debate some atheists to verify yourself and your belief. You won't succeed because for one reason in particular and that is-There ain't no GOD. Much love and respect (for you as a person but not your belief)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote: The fact

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

The fact is no other planet in the solar system has the defensive mechanisms we have. Shows the importance of life on earth and that some being is defending them and sustaining them.

Your logic is backwards. The Earth isn't like that because humans exist, humans are able to live because of the way the Earth is (and how do you know no planets OUTSIDE the solar system has these things?)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:First of all if you

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
First of all if you are going to argue about predestination you must assume God exists. since God exists it would only be RATIONAL THAT HE KNOWS ABOUT ALL HE CREATED: past present and future.

I do not believe in God or predestination. I was simply trying to gain an insight to your belief in it. I can entertain an idea without accepting it.

From your above post you imply that some things are predestined, such as the time of ones death, but a person has free will over the everyday mundane activities. Is this correct?

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

almalhamah,
You are determined to stay put in your cozy little box. Fine. I, along with the others here, only want to help. We aren't selling anything. The only thing to gain is your own self-worth. You have free will so why don't you use it and stop being a slave to a book? I know you will just respond in another manner of using scripture to answer this question, but don't bother. I am not concerned about any book. I am concerned about you. I am not another fundamentalist trying to convert you. I am trying to assist you in freeing your mind. If you were to begin the process right now of unlocking the chains of your mind you would find a fascinating world. One not ruled by any set of ideas.
As for my quotes before, it is not for me to prove. You have a computer obviously so go google it for yourself. If I did lay down the proof for you, won't you just find some way to refute it with another verse? Or try to interpret it for whatever you want it to mean?
Remember you came here looking to convert someone and/or debate some atheists to verify yourself and your belief. You won't succeed because for one reason in particular and that is-There ain't no GOD. Much love and respect (for you as a person but not your belief)

This life is so short, why would i invest my time and knowledge in it here. All will die and that's not the end of the story.

Let's get this straight, i am not a slave to a book, i am a slave to the one who created me in my mother's womb and gave me life in the womb during development.

Do you know where life comes from? did you ever stop to think about what happens to it when you die?

Isnt the fundamentals of physics energy cannot be destroyed?
It would make sense then that our life energy would not be destroyed, but our temporary bodies that enclose them would.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually matter/energy can

Actually matter/energy can be neither created or destroyed is the rule. So by your logic you must have been conscious before you were born.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
When he says that if

When he says that if unbelievers doesn't not accept Allah before we die we will go to hell, that isn't even possible according to Islam. It is only by the will of Allah that a person is made to see the light. We cant accept or not accept Allah because he and only he decides who will be a believer and go to heaven. He decided that long before the universe was ever created, humans does not have free will when it comes to accepting Allah or not.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

If you are a detective, and you are assigned to investigate a crime. you will never see the crime, but u must conclude based on evidence that it did take place.

That is the same i am doing. Look at all the millions of species of life on earth, and how the earth is a shield for us from deadly solar flares and other toxic materials. Look how complicated every living organism is. This is impossible to come about by chance.

you evolutionists still cannot determine why or how the first living organism came into being. How life came about from no life. How the first living organism came about from inorganic material.

Use your own mind.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Your

MattShizzle wrote:

Your logic is backwards. The Earth isn't like that because humans exist, humans are able to live because of the way the Earth is (and how do you know no planets OUTSIDE the solar system has these things?)

The earth was created in order to sustain life, both of us know this.

It was specifically designed to protect life from hazardous material in space, to sustain life by growing vegetation and water, to refresh itself with different seasons, and to shelter us.

The earth looks like it was made perfect to sustain life and you know this.

humans are able to live because of the way the Earth is

Thats correct, but why is the earth designed so life-friendly.
(cannot be a coinsidence from the big bang to small of a chance)

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bjxrn wrote:When he says

Bjxrn wrote:
When he says that if unbelievers doesn't not accept Allah before we die we will go to hell, that isn't even possible according to Islam. It is only by the will of Allah that a person is made to see the light. We cant accept or not accept Allah because he and only he decides who will be a believer and go to heaven. He decided that long before the universe was ever created, humans does not have free will when it comes to accepting Allah or not.

That's what you think!

If you want to accept Allah, you have the free will and ability to do so, if you don't, know that Allah is free from all wants.

Based on those who seek truth, THOSE are the ones that Allah guides to Islam.. otherwise those who dont seek or dont care, they are lost.

Just because everything is predetermined DOES NOT MEAN you have the exuse not to worship or accept Him.

Everything you do in your life is predetermined, but YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS, hence you live your life according to free will and your own opinions.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:I do not

Randalllord wrote:
I do not believe in God or predestination. I was simply trying to gain an insight to your belief in it. I can entertain an idea without accepting it.

you misunderstood me, assuming for the sake of argument if there is predestination, it means there is a God, since there is a Creator it would make sense he would know ALL THAT HE CREATED: past, present, and future.

For the sake of logic does that seem correct?

Quote:
From your above post you imply that some things are predestined, such as the time of ones death, but a person has free will over the everyday mundane activities. Is this correct?

Everything is predestined, even if you decide to change your destiny, that is already predestined for you.

Predestined means it is already recorded and known to God what will happen to ALL.

A person has free will over his thoughts, his actions, & his intentions.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote: Isnt the

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
It would make sense then that our life energy would not be destroyed, but our temporary bodies that enclose them would.

There is no such thing as "life energy" except in the mind of a magical thinker.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:If you are

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
If you are a detective, and you are assigned to investigate a crime. you will never see the crime, but u must conclude based on evidence that it did take place.

And this is precisely what evolutionary biologists do.

Quote:
That is the same i am doing. Look at all the millions of species of life on earth, and how the earth is a shield for us from deadly solar flares and other toxic materials. Look how complicated every living organism is. This is impossible to come about by chance.

Look at how similar they are genetically, how the fossil record indicates only the simplest fossils at the lowest levels, and more advanced ones further up. Notice how very diverse all organisms are in minute ways, but how similar their cell machinery is. Life adapts to the environment, not vice versa. You don't even know the process, who the fuck are you declare that it is "impossible?" Go back to your Mosque, you dogmatic fool.

Quote:
you evolutionists still cannot determine why or how the first living organism came into being. How life came about from no life. How the first living organism came about from inorganic material.

Use your own mind.

Brilliant: instead of reading the compiled research from thousands of scientists, who each devoted their lives to studying evolution and how it works, we should just decide off of how we feel. Brilliant suggest.

So while you're off "using your mind" to figure out a universe more complex than you can possibly imagine, leave us ignorant old scientists and evolutionists to do our empirical research that actually creates useful knowledge about our surroundings.

As for how or why life came about, this is a god of the gaps argument. Just because we do not know the specific process yet, does not mean it did not occur (as is obvious). Some sort of abiogenesis was likely the method (it makes sense in terms of our models of organic chemistry and molecular biology). Chemicals react with one another, forming favorable interactions. It should be no surprise that life arose out of non-life during the earth's early environment.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
almalhamah,

This life is so short, why would i invest my time and knowledge in it here. All will die and that's not the end of the story.

Let's get this straight, i am not a slave to a book, i am a slave to the one who created me in my mother's womb and gave me life in the womb during development.

Do you know where life comes from? did you ever stop to think about what happens to it when you die?

First off, please listen:

This life is not too short if it is not wasted. I am fulfilled as far as that goes. I don't regret that I am not a kid anymore. I am glad I experienced everything I have so far. Time moves according to my willingness to move with it. When you die, your body decomposes. That is the only proof I have of what happens when we die.

Your mother and father created you not "someone" that put you in her womb.
As far as where life comes from, ever heard of the Big Bang theory? If you are serious about finding out the origin of life you can look here for some answers. This site is very useful. http://cosmology.berkeley.edu/Education/IUP/Big_Bang_Primer.html

"Isnt the fundamentals of physics energy cannot be destroyed?
It would make sense then that our life energy would not be destroyed, but our temporary bodies that enclose them would."

This is an interesting idea one that many sci-fi books have made stories about. Kurt Vonnegut Jr. wrote a story about people that have "body lockers" and you could float around with your conscious mind and pick up a body from the locker when you needed to go do something in the flesh. So what you are saying is that our mind (soul) continues after it leaves our body in some form of energy. I like sci-fi. I don't believe this to be true. How I wish it were. My 19 year old sister died in a car accident and my 34 year old brother turned the wrong end of a gun to his face and pulled the trigger. I wish they went somewhere that I could see them again. Oh, how religion attempts to console. Would it be them I would see in heaven? Would I simply feel their presence? I don't believe so. I appreciate the time we had together on this planet but I know that they are gone. Just like anything that dies. It hurts me that I will never see them again but I am not going to console myself by thinking something fantastical. Yellow Number 5 could probably anwer more about the destruction of energy physics.
I hope your questions will be answered one day along with mine.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:you

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
you misunderstood me, assuming for the sake of argument if there is predestination, it means there is a God, since there is a Creator it would make sense he would know ALL THAT HE CREATED: past, present, and future.

For the sake of logic does that seem correct?

That is based on a huge assumption, that there is a God.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Everything

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Everything is predestined, even if you decide to change your destiny, that is already predestined for you.

Predestined means it is already recorded and known to God what will happen to ALL.

A person has free will over his thoughts, his actions, & his intentions.

I can't think of anything as deceptive as giving someone the illusion free will and then persecuting him for something he clearly was not responsible for. IF GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO OCCUR THEN NO ACTUAL CHOICE EXISTS, THUS THERE IS NO FREE WILL. If all we have is the illusion of free will, your god's a deceptive asshole. Does this simple logical paradox make sense to you? Omniscience and free will are mutually exclusive concepts. If one exists, the other cannot.

User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

It's only complicated to you because you don't have the answers that are out there. You are using a god belief to explain what you don't know just like people did when they didn't understand the sun, the moon, stars, weather, etc.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
The conservation of energy

The conservation of energy is a principle about the net change in energy in a closed system. It has nothing whatsoever to do with spirits, souls, or life "energy." Energy is the capacity of a system to do work. That's it. Nothing to do with consciousness, voodoo, or other nonsense. ALMALHAMAH, I can't believe how much you try to invoke science that you clearly do not understand. Learn some goddamn humility and stop arrogantly proclaiming you understand something when you do not.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

This is a strawman fallicy. Evolution does not occur by chance. It occurs through natural selection.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Evolution is not a theory on the genisis of life, rather what has happened after it began. There are scientist that work on the origin question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_life

Saying that God did it advances no knowledge whatsoever.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Use your own mind.

In order for one to use his mind it is best that it is educated. Carrying an ancient myth in your head as a model of reality is a good way to prevent it from functioning properly

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:MattShizzle

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

The earth was created in order to sustain life, both of us know this.

It was specifically designed to protect life from hazardous material in space, to sustain life by growing vegetation and water, to refresh itself with different seasons, and to shelter us.

The earth looks like it was made perfect to sustain life and you know this.

humans are able to live because of the way the Earth is

Thats correct, but why is the earth designed so life-friendly.
(cannot be a coinsidence from the big bang to small of a chance)

Re-read this ALMA. You're basically saying that there is no way that life could have just happened because the conditions were suitable. A possibility.
You are discounting a possibility by asserting that creation is the only truth and which we accept as another possibility. We await proof and analyze all possibilities discounting those that don't have a basis in logic or science.
Which position seems to be the most rational in your opinion?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Isn't that whoke argument

Isn't that whoke argument almost like a lottery winner arguing since the chances against winning are so small that the lottery must have been set just just for that specific person to win?

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Insidium Profundis wrote:I

Insidium Profundis wrote:
I can't think of anything as deceptive as giving someone the illusion free will and then persecuting him for something he clearly was not responsible for. IF GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO OCCUR THEN NO ACTUAL CHOICE EXISTS, THUS THERE IS NO FREE WILL. If all we have is the illusion of free will, your god's a deceptive asshole. Does this simple logical paradox make sense to you? Omniscience and free will are mutually exclusive concepts. If one exists, the other cannot.

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR???

don't you have a brain, and a vast amount of resources on the internet and other information?

You have the ability to worship God, but you choose not to, (maybe out of arrogence, hate, or lack of knowledge).

For God to punish you for not worshiping Him is justice. and for those evil people who spread destruction and mischief on earth it is justice to punish them.

Quote:
IF GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO OCCUR THEN NO ACTUAL CHOICE EXISTS

No actual choice exists? thats funny because i thought i have free will, i didnt know i and all others were divinly controlled (sarcasticly speaking)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You consider eternal torture

You consider eternal torture as punsihment for not believing something without evidence and not worhipping? wtf

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

It's only complicated to you because you don't have the answers that are out there. You are using a god belief to explain what you don't know just like people did when they didn't understand the sun, the moon, stars, weather, etc.

The knoweldge i am given by God explains that the earth and all other parts of the universe were once a single entity, there is also detail about how long it took to make the earth. There is also detail about how the first human was created and from what material.

Science does not tell you how the first living organsim or the first Human came about and who he/she was. all you have is assumptions based on evolution.

Who else would know the origins of creation except the Creator?

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:The

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
The knoweldge i am given by God explains that the earth and all other parts of the universe were once a single entity, there is also detail about how long it took to make the earth. There is also detail about how the first human was created and from what material.

Science does not tell you how the first living organsim or the first Human came about and who he/she was. all you have is assumptions based on evolution.

Who else would know the origins of creation except the Creator?

What nonreligious evidence do you have about the origin of life? How long did it take for the origin of life to occur, according to your sky daddy?

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Insidium Profundis wrote:The

The conservation of energy is a principle about the net change in energy in a closed system. It has nothing whatsoever to do with spirits, souls, or life "energy." Energy is the capacity of a system to do work. That's it. Nothing to do with consciousness, voodoo, or other nonsense. ALMALHAMAH, I can't believe how much you try to invoke science that you clearly do not understand. Learn some goddamn humility and stop arrogantly proclaiming you understand something when you do not.

Conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy (often expressed as the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy) in an isolated system remains constant. In other words, energy can be converted from one form to another, but it cannot be CREATED or DESTROYED.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

We all have energy and we need food and drink to sustain this energy or else we die. When we die, this energy does not destroy itself according to the law of conservation of energy, it may be transferred to another type of energy.

This is a photo of the human energy field: http://www.naturalhealing.ac.nz/healing.shtml

Hope this answers your questions.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Re-read

darth_josh wrote:
Re-read this ALMA. You're basically saying that there is no way that life could have just happened because the conditions were suitable. A possibility.
You are discounting a possibility by asserting that creation is the only truth and which we accept as another possibility. We await proof and analyze all possibilities discounting those that don't have a basis in logic or science.
Which position seems to be the most rational in your opinion?

Creation is the only type that defines the origin of the first living human and the history of the universe and the earth, way way way before we just found out this century.

I doubt the Greek knew the whole universe was once a connected entity. (BIG BANG THEORY)

According to both logics, evolutionists only explain what happens AFTER life came about, it does nothing (nor can it) to explain the origin of the first life, which is what i am trying to put out.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:You

MattShizzle wrote:
You consider eternal torture as punsihment for not believing something without evidence and not worhipping? :wtf:

you have all the evidence you need, you are just not searching for it.

Instead, you are searching to refute it.

So how can you complain if you are punished for lack of worship?

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:What

Randalllord wrote:
What nonreligious evidence do you have about the origin of life? How long did it take for the origin of life to occur, according to your sky daddy?

There are NO nonreligious evidence of the origin of life. Keep looking it will be like driving in circles...Laughing out loud

We are not given a date to when life origionated in the Quran, just HOW it origionated.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy (often expressed as the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy) in an isolated system remains constant. In other words, energy can be converted from one form to another, but it cannot be CREATED or DESTROYED.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

We all have energy and we need food and drink to sustain this energy or else we die. When we die, this energy does not destroy itself according to the law of conservation of energy, it may be transferred to another type of energy.

This is a photo of the human energy field: http://www.naturalhealing.ac.nz/healing.shtml

Hope this answers your questions.

The idea of auras or some lifeforce is complete nonsense.
http://skepdic.com/auras.html

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Randalllord

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Randalllord wrote:

There are NO nonreligious evidence of the origin of life. Keep looking it will be like driving in circles...Laughing out loud

We are not given a date to when life origionated in the Quran, just HOW it origionated.

Why would I want to waste time trying to disprove your religious beliefs? If you have a claim, you have a responsability to support it. Giving me a reference in some book of mythology is not proof.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
The human aura is both an

The human aura is both an energy field and a reflection of the subtle life energies within the body. These energies make us what we are and in turn, are affected by our surroundings and life style. The aura reflects our health, character, mental activity and emotional state. It also shows disease - often long before the onset of symptoms.

you just posted this yourself. And YES THERE IS ENERGY in the HUMAN BODY.. if you ignore it you might as well study science with the Roman Catholics.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Why would I want to

Quote:
Why would I want to waste time trying to disprove your religious beliefs? If you have a claim, you have a responsability to support it. Giving me a reference in some book of mythology is not proof.

i suppose not having answers is your proof, isn't it? tsk-tsk

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:The human

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
The human aura is both an energy field and a reflection of the subtle life energies within the body. These energies make us what we are and in turn, are affected by our surroundings and life style. The aura reflects our health, character, mental activity and emotional state. It also shows disease - often long before the onset of symptoms.

you just posted this yourself. And YES THERE IS ENERGY in the HUMAN BODY.. if you ignore it you might as well study science with the Roman Catholics.

I just posted a link about how the idea of Aura or spiritual energy in nonsense. You didn't read it.

I never said the body did not have energy, it does. It has to have chemical energy for muscles to work and for metabolism to occur. It doesn't have the spiritual energy you keep refering to!

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:NOT

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR???

don't you have a brain, and a vast amount of resources on the internet and other information?

You have the ability to worship God, but you choose not to, (maybe out of arrogence, hate, or lack of knowledge).

I have a brain, and the internet, which is why I use both. However, atheism is a far more rational stance than theism (notice in this thread, and others, how poorly you understand the science of how the world actually works). Furthermore, you are missing my point. I cannot simply "choose" what to believe. Can you make yourself believe that God does not exist? I seriously cannot make myself believe something like the existence of God because my subconscious automatically dismisses it as a fairy tale. I can't control that!

I'm saying that if God is omniscient, free will is merely an illusion. It is not actually there. Therefore we are not responsible for our actions in the universal sense (we are, after all, products of our genetics and environment).

Quote:
For God to punish you for not worshiping Him is justice. and for those evil people who spread destruction and mischief on earth it is justice to punish them.

Anyone who thinks they deserve worship gives themselves too much credit. Anyone who thinks they deserve worship while providing pathetic evidence for their own existence is really reaching. And anyone who decides that we must suffer eternally for not mindlessly worshipping someone who fails to provide convincing evidence of their own existence is like an immature yet all-powerful school bully.

Quote:
No actual choice exists? thats funny because i thought i have free will, i didnt know i and all others were divinly controlled (sarcasticly speaking)

We don't even have to be divinely controlled for there to be no free will. Think about it: if God already knows what is going to happen, he knows that I will eat bread this morning and murder someone in the afternoon. I cannot deviate from this path since, presumably, God already knows how everything will occur. So how can I exercise my will? I can't deviate from God's divine knowledge (since it is impossible by definition), so I cannot choose anything different than that which God has already forseen. Do you understand?

However, you're making my point: you think you have free will, but ultimately you are a product of forces beyond your control: your parents, your community, your school have all influenced the way you are, and all your decisions are going to be reached through a framework that you had no hand in creating. So if you were predestined to "choose" to eat cereal this morning, it is merely the illusion of free will.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Quote:Why

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Quote:

i suppose not having answers is your proof, isn't it? tsk-tsk

No. Having verifiable evidence would be a start though.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Insidium Profundis

Anyone who thinks they deserve worship gives themselves too much credit. Anyone who thinks they deserve worship while providing pathetic evidence for their own existence is really reaching. And anyone who decides that we must suffer eternally for not mindlessly worshipping someone who fails to provide convincing evidence of their own existence is like an immature yet all-powerful school bully.

There is convincing evidence, but you are not paying attention, look all around you, this is not a matter of coinsidence. all the billions of stars and millions of species only on this earth. They are all complex organisms, where did they originate from?

There is evidence, but you are not looking.

Thats funny putting the blame on others for your own ignorance or lack of knowledge, your sounding more and more like president Bush everyday. Blame the democrats.

Quote:
We don't even have to be divinely controlled for there to be no free will.

Then who the else would controll you?

Quote:
Think about it: if God already knows what is going to happen, he knows that I will eat bread this morning and murder someone in the afternoon. I cannot deviate from this path since, presumably, God already knows how everything will occur. So how can I exercise my will?

yes you can still execute your will, if that is your intention you will do it if you have the resources to do so.

Quote:
I can't deviate from God's divine knowledge (since it is impossible by definition), so I cannot choose anything different than that which God has already forseen. Do you understand?

See back to square 1, you INTENDED to kill someone, God did not put a gun to your head and tell you to kill. God has the knowledge that you will do so OUT OF YOUR OWN WILL.

UNDERSTAND??

Quote:
However, you're making my point: you think you have free will, but ultimately you are a product of forces beyond your control: your parents, your community, your school have all influenced the way you are, and all your decisions are going to be reached through a framework that you had no hand in creating.

if you want to be completly free willed go live in the woods. i hear there are no parents/society/orschool there to influence you there.

Quote:
So if you were predestined to "choose" to eat cereal this morning, it is merely the illusion of free will.

you CHOSE to eat it, predestination didn't put a gun to your face and order you to eat it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:There is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

There is convincing evidence, but you are not paying attention, look all around you, this is not a matter of coinsidence. all the billions of stars and millions of species only on this earth. They are all complex organisms, where did they originate from?

That's not evidence. Wouldn't a god be incredibly complex? So what created God? If God could have always been here, so could the universe , and your argument is ad hoc and therefore useless.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:There is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

The stars arose after billions of years after the Big Bang, a natural phenomia. All the organisms arose after millions of years of evolution, another natural phenomia. Where is this God you attribute all this to? Oh yeah, he's hiding behind it all! Smiling

If I can explain it without God, adding God to the explanation does not add anything.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:That's not

MattShizzle wrote:
That's not evidence. Wouldn't a god be incredibly complex? So what created God? If God could have always been here, so could the universe , and your argument is ad hoc and therefore useless.

God is infinite, and we are finite and absolute, it is not possible for our brain to comprehend God.

First because the images we see, we actually see the effect the rays reaching our eyes form in our brain by being converted into electric signals. When we say we see, we actually observe the electrical signal in our brains.

Our preception of matter is merley based on impulses and chemical and electrical reactions, if these reactions fail to take place, we cannot see.

God was never created, He is always there, much like the meaning of the conservation of energy, it cannot be created nor destroyed... meaning it was always there.

Same with the universe, but God is independent of the universe and is not restricted by it such as we are.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The stars arose after

Quote:
The stars arose after billions of years after the Big Bang, a natural phenomia. All the organisms arose after millions of years of evolution, another natural phenomia. Where is this God you attribute all this to? Oh yeah, he's hiding behind it all!

you skipped the part HOW the first organism came about.

how life first came about on earth.

Quote:
If I can explain it without God, adding God to the explanation does not add anything.

the fact is you cannot explain life. and we already knew about the big bang, you act like this has been known throughout history YOU ONLY FOUND OUT THIS CENTURY, we knew since 632 AD.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The stars arose after

Quote:
The stars arose after billions of years after the Big Bang, a natural phenomia. All the organisms arose after millions of years of evolution, another natural phenomia. Where is this God you attribute all this to? Oh yeah, he's hiding behind it all!

Quote:

the fact is you cannot explain life. and we already knew about the big bang, you act like this has been known throughout history: YOU ONLY FOUND OUT THIS CENTURY, we knew since 632 AD.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then I have always existed

Then I have always existed too and will always exist.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"Koranic teaching

Quote:
-Taslima Nasrin

Quote:
why dont u provide your proof if you are truthful.

21.33 wrote:
YUSUFALI: It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.
PICKTHAL: And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit.
SHAKIR: And He it is Who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all (orbs) travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres.

Why do some of these translation try to seperate the sun and moon part from the orbit part? A while back you were saying orbit in any langue is the same and saying this very quote proved the Quran says the earth has an orbit. But this doesn't even talk about the earth. It says the sun and the moon and then talks about orbits. Either the word orbit isn't quite the right word here or its saying the sun and the moon are in an orbit as we use the term today.

36.40 wrote:
YUSUFALI: It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
PICKTHAL: It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.
SHAKIR: Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and all float on in a sphere.

This is saying the same kind of thing execpt this is connecting the sun and the moon even more.

18.86 wrote:
YUSUFALI: Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness."
PICKTHAL: Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
SHAKIR: Until when he reached the place where the sun set, he found it going down into a black sea, and found by it a people. We said: O Zulqarnain! either give them a chastisement or do them a benefit.

Ok maybe I'm wrong, maybe the sun has a resting place...

18.90 wrote:
YUSUFALI: Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no covering protection against the sun.
PICKTHAL: Till, when he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter therefrom.
SHAKIR: Until when he reached the land of the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people to whom We had given no shelter from It;

You know with this is sounds as though it is just describing travels, but you know it still sounds like to sun has a place where it sets and rises.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:I just

Randalllord wrote:
I just posted a link about how the idea of Aura or spiritual energy in nonsense. You didn't read it.

I never said the body did not have energy, it does. It has to have chemical energy for muscles to work and for metabolism to occur. It doesn't have the spiritual energy you keep refering to!

This is false, there is not strictly chemical energy there is LIFE ENERGY, not to mention thermal energy.

What happens to a baby after 120 days in the womb during development, LIFE IS PRODUCED. This life does not come about from nothing. Law of conservation tells us this: cannot be CREATED or DESTROYED.

Hence the life that you are given will be converted to another life form after you die, which is in complete accordance with religion.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:you skipped

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Believing that a god did it is not a valid explination.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

the fact is you cannot explain life. and we already knew about the big bang, you act like this has been known throughout history: YOU ONLY FOUND OUT THIS CENTURY, we knew since 632 AD.

Funny, I don't recall any claims from the Islamic world about a Big Bang Theory prior to the scientific discovery of it. Revealed knowledge is not a valid form of knowledge.