NEW USER, I'm MUSLIM !

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
NEW USER, I'm MUSLIM !

Hey everyone how you doin out there, umm that's right im a muslim Raised Brow

Don't worry about it i don't have a bomb or anything like that relax. Laughing out loud

All jokes aside, i like to discuss religion and science, because i believe strongly that my religion is verified by science.

I have material in the Quran that talks about astronomy, geology, and biology.

Anything you want to ask (even if it concerns violence) feel free to initiate a debate.

'todangst' invited me here, so let me know watsup people.

The Future of the World and the United States can be summed up in one verse:

Quran 61:9
{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Voiderest

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Voiderest wrote:
Translations makes things interesting -> http://www.exmuslim.com/khaled/miracles/qm21-33.htm

Not knowing anything before posting dumb sites on the internet is interesting also.

The site says "Did the sun run?! It is run around itself only!! But never run in an orbit?! The earth is the one who run around the sun in an orbit, not vice versa?!"

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but the sun travels in the solar apex at the orbital speed is 217 km/s.

The solar apex, or the Apex of the Sun's Way, refers to the direction that the Sun travels through space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_apex

And also the verse that he states, does not mention the sun orbiting the earth, it states:

Quran 36.38
{ And the Sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him) the exalted in Might the All-Knowing. }

Where does it say what the Sun orbits then? Where is the reference to the solar apex?

Looking at those differing translations was interesting. The celestial sphere concept comes straight from Aristotle, before both christianity and islam, and it has the Sun orbiting the Earth in its own celestial sphere. Why should we believe that the author of the quran meant anything but that which was the accepted world view at the time? And besides, the orbits aren't circular, they're elliptical.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Providing evidence

Quote:
Providing evidence that the Bible is erronous (I agree it is) does not prove that the Koran is therefore correct. This is called the excluded middle fallacy.

I never said it does, and the Quran does not derive its knowledge from the Bible.

The Quran are a list of revelations given to prophet Muhammed (pbuh) by God, through the angel Gabrael.

My point is not that the bible is erronous, my point is that the quran does not contradict science, in fact the Quran prompted the great scientific discoveries that Europe later enjoyed during the Renaissance or Great Awakening.

{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Quote:
Providing evidence that the Bible is erronous (I agree it is) does not prove that the Koran is therefore correct. This is called the excluded middle fallacy.

I never said it does, and the Quran does not derive its knowledge from the Bible.

I never said the Koran derives its knowledge from the Bible nor Have I accused you of making this statement. Where did you come up with this?

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
The Quran are a list of revelations given to prophet Muhammed (pbuh) by God, through the angel Gabrael.

My point is not that the bible is erronous, my point is that the quran does not contradict science, in fact the Quran prompted the great scientific discoveries that Europe later enjoyed during the Renaissance or Great Awakening.

The Koran is in opposition to science as it relys on revealed knowledge, authority and tenacity. Science is based on hypothesis, testing/experiment, communicating the research results to piers. Just because some ideas like "orbits" were later proven by science to be true does not mean the entirity of the Koran is correct. Many christian defenders make this same error.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:The Koran

Randalllord wrote:
The Koran is in opposition to science as it relys on revealed knowledge, authority and tenacity.

Pretty strong accusation, provide your proof.

Quote:
Science is based on hypothesis, testing/experiment, communicating the research results to piers.

Then evolution is not a branch of science and is classified as hypothesis because it cannot be proved nor demonstrated or tested.

Quote:
Just because some ideas like "orbits" were later proven by science to be true does not mean the entirity of the Koran is correct. Many christian defenders make this same error.

For christians i can provide evidence of their errancy in the bible, id like you to prove that the entirity of the Quran is not correct.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Pretty

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

The proof is simple: all of science is falsifiable; the Quran is not. Honestly, what would it take for you to admit that the Quran is false? Nothing. However, there is a good deal of evidence that could potentially falsify any given scientific theory. Thus, the Quran (rather, your dogmatic worship of it) is contrary to the very essence of science.

Quote:
Then evolution is not a branch of science and is classified as hypothesis because it cannot be proved nor demonstrated or tested.

You were doing pretty well, but this is a bullshit claim that has been refuted on this site alone at least a good 80 times. Evolution makes falsifiable predictions, which are just about always verified, and effectively explains how populations change over time.

Quote:

For christians i can provide evidence of their errancy in the bible, id like you to prove that the entirity of the Quran is not correct.

We don't need to do this. The entirety of the Quran is the combined mythology of an ancient society, set in, and intended for those who were alive at the time. It offers no useful reasoning, or scientific, mathematical advice. Sure, some commandments in the Quran coincide with what a rational person would accept as good morality, but this is hardly noteworthy: many traditions and morals have been effective throughout different cultures.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You were doing pretty

Quote:
You were doing pretty well, but this is a bullshit claim that has been refuted on this site alone at least a good 80 times. Evolution makes falsifiable predictions, which are just about always verified, and effectively explains how populations change over time.

No it is not a shitty claim, you cannot prove evolution or test it. It is a hypothesis based on an athiest named Darwin living in the late 19th century, who was pissed just because his daughter died, he blamed god and sought to deny his existence.

He attempts to verify his theory which claims that all living organisms origionated from the first living organism. Most people claim that because this does NOTHING to explain how the first living organism came into being from non-organic matter, i believe it does not attempt to explain it because it CANNOT.

If evolution was fact, then you would be able to speed up the process of evolution, by means of radiation or chemical alterations as stated in the Origin of Species book.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Then

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

http://www.answers.com/topic/theory

Quote:

16:50 wrote:
They fear their Lord above them, and do what they are bidden.

30:26 wrote:
Unto Him belongeth whosoever is in the heavens and the earth. All are obedient unto Him.

Why are some not theist or follow different god(s)?

Can you give me a list of characteristics of Allah as the the Quran defines him?

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote: No it is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

No it is not a shitty claim, you cannot prove evolution or test it.

totally shitty claim. evolution has been tested and proven.
evolution says simply that living organisms adapt to their environments in order to propagate.
evolution has never attempted to explain the origin of life.
they are two entirely separate concepts, and Darwin never attempted to relate the two.
ever.

Fear is the mindkiller.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kemono wrote:ALMALHAMAH

Kemono wrote:
ALMALHAMAH wrote:
if you think there is no God, then just kill yourself.

What? wtf

The reason we non-theists have no urge to kill ourselves is that we find our lives meaningful and thoroughly enjoyable. We also realize that this life is the only life there will ever be.

beautiful.
thumbs up
i concur 100%

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Why are some not

Quote:
Why are some not theist or follow different god(s)?

I don't know, there are millions of reasons.

Quote:
Can you give me a list of characteristics of Allah as the the Quran defines him?

There are 99 names or attributes of Allah: http://path-to-peace.com/99names.html

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote: No it is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

No it is not a shitty claim, you cannot prove evolution or test it. It is a hypothesis based on an athiest named Darwin living in the late 19th century, who was pissed just because his daughter died, he blamed god and sought to deny his existence.

What manner of idiot are you sir?
have you never heard of EVOLUTIONARY DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY? we are learning more and more every day about how life on earth got to where it is today- and ALL the facts are showing that Darwin was right.

Most universities are allready teaching subjects concerning evolution and evolutionary biology- My girlfriend is doing forensic anthropology and it is even included in their course- and this is in South Africa! Not even the USA or Britain.

You are ignorant regarding evolution yet you make comments like the above!

Evolution is a fact, with supporting evidence, and it makes sense.

By all means shit yourself, but don't shit me.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:No it is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

It is actually a theory, perhaps the best-supported in all of biology. It is the central framework on which biology is based, since it provides an explanation for just about all of the phenomena we observe within biological organisms. Genetics, genomics, molecular biology, biotechnology, genetic engineering are all founded on evolution. Without evolution these fields would never have risen, nor would there be any capacity for them.

Quote:
He attempts to verify his theory which claims that all living organisms origionated from the first living organism. Most people claim that because this does NOTHING to explain how the first living organism came into being from non-organic matter, i believe it does not attempt to explain it because it CANNOT.

If evolution was fact, then you would be able to speed up the process of evolution, by means of radiation or chemical alterations as stated in the Origin of Species book.

Clearly, you have no idea about evolution, yet have formed an opinion regardless. This is perhaps the most common expression of one's arrogance and ego: pretending to comprehend that which they do not. Do not be dishonest: you don't know shit about evolution. Otherwise you would not be spewing this garbage. Alas, I must link you to talkorigins: all the evidence for macroevolution that you will neither read, nor understand:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

This is a compilation of the scientific evidence that is currently accepted within the scientific community, and why it supports evolution. There exists no better model than evolution for explaining the diversity of life on this planet. All the other explanations (particularly the religious ones) are blatantly wrong.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
the_avenging_bucket

the_avenging_bucket wrote:
ALMALHAMAH wrote:

What manner of idiot are you sir?
have you never heard of EVOLUTIONARY DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY? we are learning more and more every day about how life on earth got to where it is today- and ALL the facts are showing that Darwin was right.

Most universities are allready teaching subjects concerning evolution and evolutionary biology- My girlfriend is doing forensic anthropology and it is even included in their course- and this is in South Africa! Not even the USA or Britain.

You are ignorant regarding evolution yet you make comments like the above!

Evolution is a fact, with supporting evidence, and it makes sense.

By all means shit yourself, but don't shit me.

Why don't you evolve a species? you have all the technology and requirements you need.

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
Time.

Time.

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
I really think you should do

I really think you should do some basic research before you debate evolution any further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

and after that start a thread in the evolution forum along the lines of 'evolootion are not scientifialic' Sticking out tongue

Voided
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:I don't

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
I don't know, there are millions of reasons.

But it says right there everyone on earth and in heaven obeys Allah because they fear him. I am confused. Either I am obeying Allah or the Quran is wrong.

Quote:
There are 99 names or attributes of Allah: http://path-to-peace.com/99names.html

I didn't ask for names, names mean nothing. I asked for the characteristics of your god. As in what is Allah or what qualities does he have.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: Quran

Voiderest wrote:

Quran 30:25-26
25. And among His Signs is that the heaven and the earth stand by His Command, then afterwards when He will call you by single call, behold, you will come out from the earth (i.e from your graves for reckoning and recompense).

26. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are obedient to Him.

But it says right there everyone on earth and in heaven obeys Allah because they fear him. I am confused. Either I am obeying Allah or the Quran is wrong.

being obedient to God does not have to be willfully happening, you will be obedient to God whether you like it or not, you will die whether you want to or not, and that in itself is being obedient to God since God made death and life and you are going through it whether you like it or not. It does not mean that people cannot perform disobedient acts, certainly not, and the verses do not even imply this.

Quote:

I didn't ask for names, names mean nothing. I asked for the characteristics of your god. As in what is Allah or what qualities does he have.

His characteristics ARE his names, but anyway here are some characteristics:

AL-QUDDUS
(The Holy)

AL-MALIK
(The Sovereign Lord)

AR-RAHIM
(The Mercifull)

AR-RAHMAN
(The Beneficent)
ALLAH
(The Name Of God)

AL-JABBAR
(The Compeller)

AL-AZIZ
(The Mighty)

AL-MUHAYMIN
(The Protector)

AL-MU'MIN
(The Guardian Of Faith)

AS-SALAM
(The Source Of Peace)

AL-GHAFFAR
(The Forgiver)

AL-MUSAWWIR
(The Fashioner)

AL-BARI
(The Evolver)

AL-KHALIQ
(The Creator)

AL-MUTAKABBIR
(The Majestic)

AL-ALIM
(The All Knowning)
AL-FATTAH
(The Opner)

AR-RAZZAQ
(The Provider)

AL-WAHHAB
(The Bestover)

AL-QAHHAR
(The Subduer)

AL-MUIZZ
(The Honourer)

AR-RAFI
(The Exalter)

AL-KHAFIZ
(The Abaser)

AL-BASIT
(The Expender)

AL-QABIZ
(The Constrictor)

AL-ADL
(The Just)
AL-HAKAM
(The Judge)
AL-BASIR
(The All Seeing)
AS-SAMI
(The All Hearing)
AL-MUZILL
(The Dishonourer)

AL-GHAFUR
(The All-Forgiving)
AL-AZIM
(The Great One)
AL-HALIM
(The Forbearing One)
AL-KHABIR
(The Aware)
AL-LATIF
(The Subtle One)

AL-MUQIT
(The Maintainer)
AL-HAFIZ
(The Preserver)

AL-KABIR
(The Most Great)
AL-ALI
(The Most High)
ASH-SHAKUR
(The Appreciative)

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote:Quran

Voiderest wrote:

Quran 30:25-26
25. And among His Signs is that the heaven and the earth stand by His Command, then afterwards when He will call you by single call, behold, you will come out from the earth (i.e from your graves for reckoning and recompense).

26. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are obedient to Him.

being obedient to God does not have to be willfully happening, you will be obedient to God whether you like it or not, you will die whether you want to or not, and that in itself is being obedient to God since God made death and life and you are going through it whether you like it or not. It does not mean that people cannot perform disobedient acts, certainly not, and the verses do not even imply this.

Quote:

His characteristics ARE his names, but anyway here are some characteristics:

AL-QUDDUS
(The Holy)

AL-MALIK
(The Sovereign Lord)

AR-RAHIM
(The Mercifull)

AR-RAHMAN
(The Beneficent)
ALLAH
(The Name Of God)

AL-JABBAR
(The Compeller)

AL-AZIZ
(The Mighty)

AL-MUHAYMIN
(The Protector)

AL-MU'MIN
(The Guardian Of Faith)

AS-SALAM
(The Source Of Peace)

AL-GHAFFAR
(The Forgiver)

AL-MUSAWWIR
(The Fashioner)

AL-BARI
(The Evolver)

AL-KHALIQ
(The Creator)

AL-MUTAKABBIR
(The Majestic)

AL-ALIM
(The All Knowning)
AL-FATTAH
(The Opner)

AR-RAZZAQ
(The Provider)

AL-WAHHAB
(The Bestover)

AL-QAHHAR
(The Subduer)

AL-MUIZZ
(The Honourer)

AR-RAFI
(The Exalter)

AL-KHAFIZ
(The Abaser)

AL-BASIT
(The Expender)

AL-QABIZ
(The Constrictor)

AL-ADL
(The Just)
AL-HAKAM
(The Judge)
AL-BASIR
(The All Seeing)
AS-SAMI
(The All Hearing)
AL-MUZILL
(The Dishonourer)

AL-GHAFUR
(The All-Forgiving)
AL-AZIM
(The Great One)
AL-HALIM
(The Forbearing One)
AL-KHABIR
(The Aware)
AL-LATIF
(The Subtle One)

AL-MUQIT
(The Maintainer)
AL-HAFIZ
(The Preserver)

AL-KABIR
(The Most Great)
AL-ALI
(The Most High)
ASH-SHAKUR
(The Appreciative)

There are more but i don't want to flood the page.

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
I am going to get me an

I am going to get me an Anaconda.
I will call him 'AL-QABIZ' (The Constrictor)

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I don't know why you quote

I don't know why you quote me saying all that there, but ok...

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

So by dying I am following allah, but when I'm being disobedient it doesn't count? I read more of the versus around this quote and it seems to me that they used death as one example to prove allah is controlling everything. Now what about my other quote?

I'll get back to you on the characteristics part, I'm going to go through all the names and try to define it.

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ASH-SHAKUR
(The Appreciative)

That one sounds like a good dancer.
Get it?

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
the_avenging_bucket

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ASH-SHAKUR
(The Appreciative)

Get it?

where you think Tupac got his name from?

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
the_avenging_bucket

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ASH-SHAKUR
(The Appreciative)

Get it?

where you think Tupac got his last name from?

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
ugh u don't get

ugh u don't get it.
Ash-Shakur , Ass Shaker.

ya okay its lame i'll go sit in the corner. Very Sad

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Man that was corny

Man that was corny tsk-tsk

Voided
User is offlineOffline
That probably wouldn't be

That probably wouldn't be funny if I wasn't tired, but right now its ass-shaking-larious.

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
wait wait here's another

wait wait here's another one.

AL-ALI
(The Most High)

Hehe.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
AL take a hit AL? Ok we

AL take a hit AL?

Ok we should really stop with the the bad puns. In the morning it will be just like drunk sex.

But before I go...

Al-Muntaqim

The Avenger

Klarky
Klarky's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH You, like many

ALMALHAMAH You, like many theists of different persuasions, try to sound scientific without actually really understanding what the discipline demands of your rationality. You pay lip service to science because ultimately you realise that science is the best way to draw conclusions regarding the nature of reality.

If you were to stop for a minute, drop your theistic beliefs and attempt to discern what you can from reality by using just your senses and your faculty of reason, you will understand that your theistic beliefs add nothing to the explanations you seek. In fact they are superfluous, unnecessary, often have absolutely nothing to do with the thing you're trying to explain, and they don't even use language and concepts that we can ALL identify with. Being able for us ALL to identify aspects of reality means that reality is the same for everyone, which is something else you need to come to terms with. But you obviously don't or you would stop quoting from the Koran and assuming that others accept its legitimacy.

Using words like "prophet" "god" etc mean nothing objectively, so we can confidently reduce the status of meaning to a "personal subjective belief"

Why don't you just be honest with us, and yourself, and just say that you simply WANT to believe in the things you do?
...Of course you won't though, because you're bright enough to know that it is not a good enough reason to accept something as true!

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Randalllord

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Randalllord wrote:
The Koran is in opposition to science as it relys on revealed knowledge, authority and tenacity.

The proof is in the definitions. Look them up. Revealed knowledge, authority and tenacity is not science!

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Randalllord wrote:
Science is based on hypothesis, testing/experiment, communicating the research results to piers.

If I were you, I'd not continue to make comments about subjects you know little to nothing about. It shows your ignorance. Evolution is probably the thory with the most evidence to support it in Science.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Randalllord wrote:
Just because some ideas like "orbits" were later proven by science to be true does not mean the entirity of the Koran is correct. Many christian defenders make this same error.

Regarding the errancy of the Bible, you get no argument from me, but as I have said earlier, and you ignored it, proving the other persons argument is erroronus does not establish that yours is correct. If you wish to claim the Koran is correct it is up to the claimant to provide evidence of his claim. It's not my responsibility to prove its error. This is a basic rule of argumentation and science. You apparently know little about it.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

the_avenging_bucket
User is offlineOffline
This is beautiful!

Classic.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Klarky wrote:ALMALHAMAH You,

Klarky wrote:
ALMALHAMAH You, like many theists of different persuasions, try to sound scientific without actually really understanding what the discipline demands of your rationality. You pay lip service to science because ultimately you realise that science is the best way to draw conclusions regarding the nature of reality.

If you were to stop for a minute, drop your theistic beliefs and attempt to discern what you can from reality by using just your senses and your faculty of reason, you will understand that your theistic beliefs add nothing to the explanations you seek. In fact they are superfluous, unnecessary, often have absolutely nothing to do with the thing you're trying to explain, and they don't even use language and concepts that we can ALL identify with. Being able for us ALL to identify aspects of reality means that reality is the same for everyone, which is something else you need to come to terms with. But you obviously don't or you would stop quoting from the Koran and assuming that others accept its legitimacy.

Using words like "prophet" "god" etc mean nothing objectively, so we can confidently reduce the status of meaning to a "personal subjective belief"

Why don't you just be honest with us, and yourself, and just say that you simply WANT to believe in the things you do?
...Of course you won't though, because you're bright enough to know that it is not a good enough reason to accept something as true!

The fact of the matter is that God does exist. you athiests are just mad you have not seen any signs of Him.

I guess you want to see God before you can believe in Him. I never saw the Roman Empire, does it mean it never existed NO, it did exist but i never saw it.

Anyway, look at the earth, look at all the protective barriers we have: the Van Allen Belt, the Ozone layer, and the ionosphere. all of them protect us from solar flares of the sun, breaks downs commets in the atmosphere, shields us from ultra-violet rays and high frequency rays, ect.

All this cannot come as a matter of 'chance'.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

The fact of the matter is that God does exist. you athiests are just mad you have not seen any signs of Him.

Asserting that God exists does not make it so. I for one am not angry that I haven't seen signs of him. I am amazed at the accecptance of absurd evidence I see by believers.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
I guess you want to see God before you can believe in Him. I never saw the Roman Empire, does it mean it never existed NO, it did exist but i never saw it.

There is actual evidence that the Roman Empire existed, both historical and archeological.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Anyway, look at the earth, look at all the protective barriers we have: the Van Allen Belt, the Ozone layer, and the ionosphere. all of them protect us from solar flares of the sun, breaks downs commets in the atmosphere, shields us from ultra-violet rays and high frequency rays, ect.

These things are not proof of God/Intelligent Design. A universe designed by a god would look far different than the one I find us living in.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote: The fact

Randalllord wrote:

Asserting that God exists does not make it so. I for one am not angry that I haven't seen signs of him. I am amazed at the accecptance of absurd evidence I see by believers.

Every nation on the earth have its religious knowledge, that is because God sent messengers to all nations to reveal the message of God. Almost all nations rejected it, even after seeing clear signs, you are no different, even if you see a sign from God you would reject it, because of your already subconcious belief that God doesn't exist.

Quote:
I guess you want to see God before you can believe in Him. I never saw the Roman Empire, does it mean it never existed NO, it did exist but i never saw it

There is actual evidence that the Roman Empire existed, both historical and archeological.

There are also archeological evidence and historical that proves that God destroyed many nations before us, and it is mentioned in the Quran.

Quote:

These things are not proof of God/Intelligent Design. A universe designed by a god would look far different than the one I find us living in.

Yes they are, but you fail to put two and two together. How can the earth have such protective measures without someone putting it there? makes no sense that this sophisticated system works together in order to protect the earth and life on it without any intervention by a greater power.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Every nation on the earth have its religious knowledge, that is because God sent messengers to all nations to reveal the message of God. Almost all nations rejected it, even after seeing clear signs, you are no different, even if you see a sign from God you would reject it, because of your already subconcious belief that God doesn't exist.

If by "signs" you are referring to the 72 absurd items you listed as signs of the end of the universe, then yes, I reject them as they are so vague and meaningless that of course these things are going to happen. I could just as easily list a few item of my own as "proof" of the end of the world is near:
1. People will take drugs.
2. There will be sickness.
3. Infidels will laugh at God.
4. People will be hungry.
5. There will be thieves.
6. There will be earthquakes.
etc, etc.

The problem with such a list is that these things are written to be so vauge that one could intrepret them any way they wanted and these thing have been occuring as far back as history records. These things are not new. Psychics and similar crooks have been using such techniques as this to fool the gullible for many centuries. If the Koran was more specific and said something like President Bush will invade Iraq on such and such date, then I'd be more inclined to listen. But to say that" women will sing in public" is meaningless.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

There are also archeological evidence and historical that proves that God destroyed many nations before us, and it is mentioned in the Quran.

Is mentioning it in the Koran your only proof? Where is the proof that God destroyed many nations? One has to prove the existence of God before one proves he did a specific action.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Yes they are, but you fail to put two and two together. How can the earth have such protective measures without someone putting it there? makes no sense that this sophisticated system works together in order to protect the earth and life on it without any intervention by a greater power.

This is an argument of the god of the gaps. This does not prove a god exists, rather it proves you know nothing about science and accept absurd arguments as proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:If the

Randalllord wrote:
If the Koran was more specific and said something like President Bush will invade Iraq on such and such date, then I'd be more inclined to listen. But to say that" women will sing in public" is meaningless

The hadith does mention about Iraq:

"We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah when he said: Soon the people of Iraq will neither receive any food nor any money. We asked: Why would such a thing happen? He replied: Because of the non-Arabs. Soon the people of Shaam (Syria) will neither receive any money nor grain. We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: Because of the Romans [Europeans/Christians]."

Quote:

Is mentioning it in the Koran your only proof? Where is the proof that God destroyed many nations? One has to prove the existence of God before one proves he did a specific action.

God destroyed many nations before us like Sabaa, 'Ad, Sodom.

'Ad destroyed: http://www.members.tripod.com/oum_abdulaziz/ancient.htm

Sodom destroyed: http://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

Sabaa destroyed: http://nabataea.net/sarabia.html

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

Soon the people of Iraq will neither receive any food nor any money.

So 14 centurys later is "soon"?

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

We asked: Why would such a thing happen? He replied: Because of the non-Arabs. Soon the people of Shaam (Syria) will neither receive any money nor grain. We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: Because of the Romans [Europeans/Christians]."

So now you can call the Americans "Romans"? wtf

ALMALHAMAH wrote:

God destroyed many nations before us like Sabaa, 'Ad, Sodom.

'Ad destroyed: http://www.members.tripod.com/oum_abdulaziz/ancient.htm

Sodom destroyed: http://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

Sabaa destroyed: http://nabataea.net/sarabia.html

Finding the ruins of some ancient cities is not proof that a god exists nor that he caused it. The Bible claims the Jews, with the help of God, destroyed the city of Jerico. There is proof that such a city existed, but there is no proof it was destroyed in the manner the Bible describes. Rather, the archeological evidence establishes that the city was destroyed long before its mythical destruction in the Bible occurred. The writers of the Bible found the destroyed city and wrote a myth to give credit to themselves for its destruction.

I could write a book and say some lost cities will be found in the future that God destroyed. I am certain that archeologists have not found the remains of every ancient city. Doing such a thing does not prove anything about my writting. My book would prove nothing except that there are some gullible people.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:So now you can call

Quote:
So now you can call the Americans "Romans"?

maybe you havent read clearly:

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.)

It says because of the NON-ARABS

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too vague. That could mean

Too vague. That could mean anyone.
If it said it would occur in the late 20th to early 21st century that would give a little more credibility.

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:Allah

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Allah created man with free will

Isn't one of the pillars of Islam that you have to believe in predetermination. Muslims are determinists, there is no free will in Islam, everything that happens is known beforehand by Allah and determined in advance by Allah.

Allah knew exactly what would happen billions of years before he created the universe, he created the universe knowing that I for example would go to hell because I would not believe in him. Islam is deterministic and we are nothing but robots, machines created by Allah.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I think the Shites believe

I think the Shites believe in free will, the Sunnis don't.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Predestination does not mean

Predestination does not mean we do not have free will.

you have a mind and free will. Even though everything is already predetermined for you, you are able to do as you like. It is predetermined basically means Allah already knows what you are going to do and it is already written.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
If Allah already knows what

If Allah already knows what you will do and it is written then free will is an illusion.

Klarky
Klarky's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
Predestination does not mean we do not have free will.

you have a mind and free will. Even though everything is already predetermined for you, you are able to do as you like. It is predetermined basically means Allah already knows what you are going to do and it is already written.

Dude you can't have it both ways. It's amazing the mental gymnastics theists will go to to avoid addressing the non-existence of their god.
Fine, we have free will, but Allah already knows what our choices will be, well that's nice for him. OK..Now we have relegated Allah's involvment in human affairs to that of a spectator then why still call him god? If Allah thinks it's important for us to keep free will by his non-interference, (divine interference would negate the notion of free-will), then he is also impotent.
This god is getting less god like as we speak Sticking out tongue

I think you seriously need to get your ego in check ALMALHAMAH The Van Allen Belt, the Ozone layer, and the ionosphere, the world and the universe in general, are not here for your benefit. It is here, and we have adapted to live in it. For some time it wasn't suitable for any life, let alone human. Typical "god is an extention of my ego" theistic nonsense.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
it is written but it does

it is written but it does not confine you to what you want to do.

Lets say you want to sin, you are able too because you have FREE WILL.

Predestination means its already determined what you will do, but you do not know what you will do, hence you are not restricted.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Klarky wrote: Dude you can't

Klarky wrote:

Dude you can't have it both ways. It's amazing the mental gymnastics theists will go to to avoid addressing the non-existence of their god.
Fine, we have free will, but Allah already knows what our choices will be, well that's nice for him. OK..Now we have relegated Allah's involvment in human affairs to that of a spectator then why still call him god? If Allah thinks it's important for us to keep free will by his non-interference, (divine interference would negate the notion of free-will), then he is also impotent.
This god is getting less god like as we speak Sticking out tongue

I think you seriously need to get your ego in check ALMALHAMAH The Van Allen Belt, the Ozone layer, and the ionosphere, the world and the universe in general, are not here for your benefit. It is here, and we have adapted to live in it. For some time it wasn't suitable for any life, let alone human. Typical "god is an extention of my ego" theistic nonsense.

He is not impotent, he is patient. He will allow you to sin or disobey as you like, but if you do not repent before you die, you shal taste an eternal torment.

The fact is no other planet in the solar system has the defensive mechanisms we have. Shows the importance of life on earth and that some being is defending them and sustaining them.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:If Allah

Randalllord wrote:
If Allah already knows what you will do and it is written then free will is an illusion.

i thought this was RATIONALresponders.com?

what happened to your rational?

Just because our life is predetermined for us, does not mean we do not have free will.

do you have free will? YES

is everything predetermined for you? YES

does predestination mean lack of free will? NO

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:it is

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
it is written but it does not confine you to what you want to do.

Lets say you want to sin, you are able too because you have FREE WILL.

Predestination means its already determined what you will do, but you do not know what you will do, hence you are not restricted.

If it is already determined what I will do, but I am ignorant of what I will chose, then that's not free will. That's only an illusion of free will.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:If it is

Randalllord wrote:
If it is already determined what I will do, but I am ignorant of what I will chose, then that's not free will. That's only an illusion of free will.

it is free will, you have the ability to commit sin or righteous deeds, you have the ability to kill or not kill, to drink or not, to do almost anything.

your actions are independent of predestination: which means you are not restricted by predestination.

Predestination is the record of what will happen before it happens. He has predestination over all things. Every living thing is PREDESTINED TO DIE. you cannot escape this.

While you are alive you have the ability to chose what you want to do.

Simple as that. You intend on making it more complicated than it already is.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
The truth is that the

The truth is that the existence of this universe and every creature in it clearly indicates that Allah had knowledge of it before He created it. "For it is impossible that He could create these things without knowing about them, because He creates things by His Will, and will requires a preconceived idea about the desired thing. This preconceived idea about the desired thing is knowledge of the desired thing. So creation requires will and will requires knowledge, so creation requires knowledge." (Sharh at-Tahaawiyah, p 148, Cited in Umar Al Ashqar, Divine Will and Predestination in the Light of Quran and Sunnah, p 42)

Moreover, "The created beings which exist in it are made in a proper and perfect manner which implies that the One Who made them must have knowledge of the, because such perfect work could not have been done by one who has no knowledge" (Sharh at-Tahaawiyah, p 148, Cited in Umar Al Ashqar, Divine Will and Predestination in the Light of Quran and Sunnah, p 42)