Hey guys

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey guys

Been a while since I've posted, long story short I moved to my new college (Florida Tech). I'm taking 18 hours (all technical courses) as an Astrophysics major, so naturally I haven't had time to even listen to any shows Sad

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of christians at this school (moderates) - one campus ministry and one other private church on the campus. However I managed to find myself a fantastic rational atheist girlfriend who shares most of my hobbies and interests. Pic

There's also the Space Coast Freethought Society that meets every month and organizes activities. They're mostly elderly people, no other undergraduate age. It was a great time to wear my RRS shirt.

I've seen a few darwin fish on cars on campus and one darwin fish t-shirt, so things are looking up. At least there are no fundies around.

From south of the bible belt (dun dun dun): Stay Rational

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Equilibrium wrote: However I

Equilibrium wrote:
However I managed to find myself a fantastic rational atheist girlfriend who shares most of my hobbies and interests. Pic

QUICK!! Marry her in a Church!

... just kidding... about the Church.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know the feeling about

I know the feeling about being busy. Good luck in school.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Good luck. Glad you met a

Good luck. Glad you met a fellow godless heathen! Laughing out loud

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
18 hours???!!!

18 hours???!!!
How many actual classroom hours a week is that?
Do you have to work also?

I'd never make it with a girlfriend that looked like her. She's far too hot to be a study partner for me.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:18

darth_josh wrote:
18 hours???!!!
How many actual classroom hours a week is that?
Do you have to work also?

I'd never make it with a girlfriend that looked like her. She's far too hot to be a study partner for me.

It's actually 22 classroom hours (labs are 3 hours per week). No I don't have to work, luckily. But I could if I needed to, homework isn't bad.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson