Letter to a Christian Nation

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Letter to a Christian Nation

I got home from school around 8:15pm and I had some school work to do. Letter to a Christian Nation was sitting on my doorstep, so I said fuck it. I started reading it immediately and it's a very short book, so I finished it shortly before 10pm.

It's a great book, addressing all of the most common of Christian retorts when confronted with their complete lack of rationality for their beliefs. It doesn't go deep into issues like The End of Faith did, but then again, it's a tiny fraction of the size. Excluding the preface, it's only 91 pages of text to read, and these are tiny pages. It's a great reader and you can easily read it in under 2 hours.

It's really cheap and those links I gave give the Rational Response Squad a tiny fraction of your purchase if you buy it from those links. I suggest everyone buy Letter to a Christian Nation, because it's very accessible. If you're really interested in much more in depth coverage of how religion hurts America and the rest of the world, grab The End of Faith, too. It's much longer, the pages are larger, and the issues are deeper. It will take a little longer to read, but it's well worth it too.

Good job, Sam Harris. I look forward to his next book.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Cool. I ordered it through

Cool. Cool I ordered it through here and it's on the way.

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mine should be coming

Mine should be coming tomorrow, I hope. I pre-ordered on Monday (through RRS) and am looking forward to reading it. I have so many books I want to read on the shelf....

Perhaps RRS should have a reading list that people can add to. Perhaps someone should post a thread about that. Is there one already?

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ShaunPhilly wrote: Is there

ShaunPhilly wrote:
Is there one already?

Shaun

this is as close as we get.

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I was about to link

Yeah I was about to link that for Shaun when I could find it. That has people suggesting things to go up on the amazon store and then you can get to the RRS amazon store by clicking "Store" up at the top. That has all kinds of freethough-related books.

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome, thanks. I'll post

Awesome, thanks.

I'll post some of the new books I've been reading, if I remember.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.