Ugh crazy bible thumpers on my campus today............

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ugh crazy bible thumpers on my campus today............

These 3 crazy bible dudes came to my campus, okay lol VCU for the most part has a large liberal populus of students. And today I encountered a whole buncha other atheists and like 2 agnostics. And others were some muslims or some where christian lite w/e that means lol and other um backgrounds or w/e. Same ol' thing, they tell you bible is fact, give you the run around, ignore your questions or give you an enormous amount of non-sequiturs a few bible verses and try to mess w/ your head. People on this campus are too smart for that shit. So when me and other stand there for like 2 1/2 hours almost or 3 laughing, listening, debating with these guys and again they tell you bible is fact, give you the run around, ignore your questions or give you an enormous amount of non-sequiturs a few bible verses and try to mess w/ your head and it blew my mind how much they swore they knew and how the bible was fact but they didn't know much and when others including myself called them out on their BS they got all flustered and starting insulting people. This one muslim guy was about to kick one of the guys asses. So to this one guy he says bible is fact and me amongst others say how when it wasn't written by "God" it was written by men so how is that book or any of the many versions of the bible more correct and truthful that any other text out there? And their only answer? BECAUSE IT IS THE WORD OF GOD! I almost fell out. That is not a good enough answer for me or anyone who has any intelligence. "God" did not write that, men did. Humans are imperfect and so is the many versions of the bible. I asked come on man you telling me something saying that men and living over 900 is fact? And he says the law and the word are good and I said but is it perfect and he responds with what he just said. I said that's not an answer and basically these guys gave no yes and no's just run arounds and they blatantly ignored me and some other people talking to them and asking questions when many were standing not even 5 feet from any of them. According to them Atheists, Agnostics, Jews who reject Jesus, Homosexuals, feminists, and like 8 more other groups they had written down and/or could remember are going to hell. I asked you refer to "God" as a he. Where do you get "God" having a gender? Man I could type forever on the absurdities I witnessed today and they are coming back tomorrow. They didn't get through to anyone today with their BS.....them guys gave me and plenty others bad vibes and yeah if they do come back tomorrow, they are going down.

http://www.newenglandoutreach.com/main1.html

Is there stupid site.........my head was on fire by the time I had to leave and go to class. I said oh man do I wish some of the folks from RRS was here....it'd have been so amazing. You need to get some of these guys on your show. They are the epitome of insane Christians. You just had to have been here.

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

Kelreth
Kelreth's picture
User is offlineOffline
i feel ya mon i debated with

i feel ya mon

i debated with some irreducible complexity retards last week on campus. Felt like i was talking to a wall. Apparently the fact that if u remove my heart and i die disproves evolution as theory. Well at least according to this retard, who speaking of evo, didnt know what mitocondria and mitocondrial DNA are. Thus proving his innate retardness and the reason hes a fundie. Aynway, i wasted 15 minutes talking to these idiots, who didnt know what they were talking about scientificly and were trying to sound intelligent. I walked away reaady to smear fundy all over the road, fortunatly i didnt and learned a lesson.

dont debate with idiots (fundies) they like being inept at life. Instead show science to the rest of the population and hope that some of them will understnad.

either way, that was the first time i have ever hated the first amendment

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Lol they said that?! One of

Lol they said that?!

One of the fundies as you call them told ME he had the answers to EVERYTHING ----let that sink in----. I wanted to fall out from laughter and then hit him in the mouth. Yesterday was worse that before. It's too apalling and long to explain I just wish I had it on video. RRS needs to go after these fools. One guy actually said w/o his religion there is no other purpose to live, I wanted to laugh and sincerely felt bad for him thinking like that.

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
We need a new TV show -

We need a new TV show - Fundies say the stupidest things.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle

FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle wrote:
One of the fundies as you call them told ME he had the answers to EVERYTHING

Ask him if he'd mind if you sat next to him during the next exam.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It'd be a huge hit lol.

It'd be a huge hit lol.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I know right....what a

I know right....what a pompous ass lol....I need him in my pre-cal test Wednesday.

Pallas
Pallas's picture
User is offlineOffline
when i saw the title I

when i saw the title I wondered if you went to my college-- they hit us last week too.