Philadelphia area Camp Quest!

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philadelphia area Camp Quest!

I am assisting in the creation of a new Camp Quest location in Pennsylvania. At this point, we are still considering locations and looking into getting all of the official stuff taken care of. In case you are not familiar with Camp Quest, check them out here:

http://www.camp-quest.org/

They are a week (or so) long summer camp for atheists, humanists, Freethinkers, etc. They are generally small, the counselors are volunteers, and people seem to love them. So, we thought we'd start one around here so that local parents can have a place to send their heathen children (besides hell, of course).

If anyone is interested in either helping out--whether by volunteering, spreading the word, or sending your own kids--let me know either here or (preferably) emailing me personally. And of course, any free advertisement (wink) that the RRS decides to give us would be awesome. Perhaps when we have more settled, we can give you more information and we might be able to work something out in terms of getting an ad put up.

I'm hoping we might get the attention of the media with this and get the word out on what atheists do in the woods with other atheists. We won't be singing Kumbaya, I ca tell you that.

[email protected]

Thanks

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I love you Shaun, I love

I love you Shaun, I love you!

The people at Camp Quest know me. I talked to them briefly last year, we discussed them coming on the show, specifically a series of shows designed for 8-13 year olds that would be free to anyone who wanted to download. We also discussed me sending my kid there.

I'm very interested in playing a large role. I'd come to camp to speak (I'd bring my partners with me on occassion), I'd run free audio ads (they need to be supporting a national site that links all the camps together), I'd put free banners on "FreethinkingTeens.com" and several other sites, and much more.

I am there, I got your back. This project is important, I want to be there next summer. Let's do this!

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome. I'll let Ian know

Awesome.

I'll let Ian know (do you know Ian Thomas?) that we have your support, and we'll get this party bus rolling. Good to hear you are excited, I'm excited about this too.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
LOL, I was careful to state

LOL, I was careful to state the people at Camp Quest know me... I however don't know them. Sticking out tongue

I left two messages, had an email exchange, then a phone conversation with a few different people. I don't recall any names, the last 6 months have been a whirlwind... too much data.

I also posted this thread on the homepage. Smiling