A rare debate with my wife.

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
A rare debate with my wife.

I had a rather rare debate with my wife tonight. Amusingly enough it was started by a comment made on t.v. while watching Law & Order: SVU. I really felt I did a terrible job of professing my views and defending them. I suppose thats something I'll have to work on as time goes by. Basically what I, get from her side of the debate is, that she believes theres not a problem in America right now (pertaining to the the creation/evangelical movement). That there isn't any worry of one these fundamentalists getting elected in a positon of power, because not enought voters will share his opinion/worldview. That there aren't any laws in effect or trying to get passed right now that have to do with religious conviction. She believes that there aren't that many fundementalists in America. I gave her some statistics on the subject and she preceded to profess that statistics are biased and inaccurate at best. Basically, I guess what I'm getting at here as I need to be better armed next time something like this comes up. I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I was wondering if some of you could give some rebuttals to these and other arguments and some decent evidence to back them. The only thing I think I did a decent job defending, was the fact that dogmatic belief is an extremely dangerous mind set in todays world. She seemed to concede on that point. Anyway suggestions would be appericated. Thx

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also, can some one cite the

Also, can some one cite the passage in the bible that says word for word that homosexuals should be put to death. I would prefer a direct quote. Something else she did'nt believe when I told her.

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Leviticus 20:13 If a man

Leviticus
20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It's a rough debate. My spouse and I had to agree not to discuss religion or politics. We do occasionally and it always leads to her yelling and me referencing her behavior for a week or so. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Is she serious? There are

Is she serious? There are plenty of "those types" in Senate and the House, and one in the White House!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team