Priest gets parking ticket while giving last rites

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

I guess if you're a priest, that makes you above the laws that the rest of us must obey! Rather than pay the ticket - get this - he appealed (and lost)!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060822/ts_alt_afp/uschurchoffbeat_060822162259

Tue Aug 22, 12:22 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - A New York priest said he was saddened by a judge's decision not to waive a parking ticket he received while administering the last rites to a dying woman.

Reverend Cletus Forson was called to a Brooklyn hospital last month and left his car in a no-parking zone with a "Clergy on Call" badge in the window, only to find on leaving 20 minutes later he'd been slapped with a 115-dollar ticket.

"If the sanctity of the law won't bend for the needs of a dying person, I feel really sad," the New York Post quoted Forson as saying.

His appeal was rejected by a traffic judge earlier this month.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Come to think of it, I

Come to think of it, I wonder how the Reverend Cletus would have felt had there been a fire and the fire truck couldn't have gotten through because he car was in the way? Even more people could die by burning to death!

Or better yet, how would he have felt if the fire truck totalled his car?

Hell, he probably would have sued the city.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Shouldn't pimps get free

Shouldn't pimps get free parking if priests do? They certainly bring more pleasure to people than the priests!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Elegy
Elegy's picture
User is offlineOffline
lollolllollol@his name it's

lollolllollol@his name

it's cletus

i'm so immature

NO.

PIMPS SUCK NO

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Hey, don't be hating. Hate

Hey, don't be hating. Hate the game, don't hate the player!

Elegy
Elegy's picture
User is offlineOffline
oohkay sorry but

oohkay sorry Laughing out loud

but seriously, his name is heeelarious.

jester700
User is offlineOffline
y'know, that's a great

MattShizzle wrote:
Shouldn't pimps get free parking if priests do? They certainly bring more pleasure to people than the priests!

y'know, that's a great point. There should be a service for terminally ill patients. You know, like a "make a wish foundation" for adults... Eye-wink

Kryker
Kryker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Somewhat ironic...

Susan wrote:
Come to think of it, I wonder how the Reverend Cletus would have felt had there been a fire and the fire truck couldn't have gotten through because he car was in the way? Even more people could die by burning to death!

Or better yet, how would he have felt if the fire truck totalled his car?

Hell, he probably would have sued the city.

The hilarious part would've been that had there occurred a fire the Reverend would've had to perform more last rites. Then...they would drop him off to jail for obstruction of fire-fighting or something like that Sticking out tongue.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed Him." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzche
"And He shall remain in His defiled sepulchre as long as humankind retains the ability to comprehend reason and logic." Kenny Rivera Torres