I'm wondering (and I'm new!)

FranktheTank360
User is offlineOffline
I'm wondering (and I'm new!)

Hi, my names Frank and I'm just wondering what everybody thinks happen when they die. I think that most of you would say "we just rot in the ground and thats it." but I've always had an underlying feeling that I'm the only one that actually exists and everything around me is made up from my mind as I perceive it. But since I think that everything is concrete and is the way it is, I can't alter anything because my mind says, "No, thats the way it is and you can't change that." I don't know if that makes any sense, but its my first post!

I also sometimes think that my life is a dream someone else is having, and when they're done sleeping and wake, I'll cease to exist.

What do all you people think?

Greg
Greg's picture
User is offlineOffline
frank, even if one of those

frank, even if one of those were true, you would still just decompose or something. Ha, so it doesnt matter. I dont think. I think the first one (we have spoke of before i think) , has a slim chance of being true, and the second also. But, i think the second one is pushing it.

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
FranktheTank360 wrote:

FranktheTank360 wrote:

I've always had an underlying feeling that I'm the only one that actually exists and everything around me is made up from my mind as I perceive it.

What do all you people think?

Here is a link to a wikipedia article that talks about that philosopical view, its called "Solipsism" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism